Newb introducing herself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson

Verified Member
Dec 7, 2010
Alabama
and working to meet the post requirements. :)

Hello all. I am not only new to the forum, but new to e-cigs as well. Actually I tried a well known brand a few years ago and was absolutely not impressed. It was less than a month ago, just around my 43rd birthday, I decided to see where technology has gotten the modern e-cig.

After a week of excessively reading reviews of sites & cigs, I purchased a 510 Mega manual (cartomizer) kit from AltSmoke.com. I was happy with my purchase, but my mind still wanted an analog at the pertinent times (with morning coffee, immediately after meals, post coitus :blush: , etc.)... that was until I (promptly) received my order from madvapes. I got the Sit & Go USB passthrough and the E2 R4 Cartomizers. I haven't had, nor wanted, an analog since.

My history of smoking -
I stole/borrowed a pack each from my parent's cartons a week from the age of 9. By 13, I was able to buy my own and was smoking around a half pack a day. From 16 to the present (43) it varied from a pack to sometimes two per day... rolling (injecting) my own for the past 7-8 years (Zig-Zag menthol with light filtered 100 tubes).

In 1999, I developed a neurological problem and in 2006 it was finally diagnosed as Parkinsons Disease. No, I don't want to start the debate over whether nicotine and/or smoking helps to hold off the progression (health degeneration) of the disease, but with the comparison between myself and 2 dear friends who also have the early onset of PD, I'm actually doing alot better than either of them... so draw your own conclusion... but as for myself, I am rather convinced nicotine has its beneficial properties... and that's not something I am willing to give up or risk.

I do have a question about the E2 R4 Cartomizers. I have already bent the plastic needle in numerous places (I've ordered more), and if you think VG was difficult to pass the plastic needle, you should try it with 3 kinks in the needle. LOL Any suggestions of an easier way to fill these for someone who has spastic movement issues? Can they be condom filled (from battery end)?

edited to add
I am extremely impressed with MadVapes product line and if they continue to expand, like it appears from the 'product suggestion' thread, then this is as close to one stop shopping as it gets. AND the knowledge of the members of the ECF seems truly par to none. Almost every search engine I used in researching questions I had/have seems to always lead me back to ECF... as a self proclaimed geek, I'm really digging the info shared.

Last edited:

Godzilla

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2010
Northern California
www.foxyboxmods.com
About the Ce2's You should pick up a needled syringe. Post a question in the newbie section about where to get a needle for PG, or Vg. Vg is thicker so you need a slightly larger diameter.

I myself do not have a syringe yet, but it would make it much easier. I remove white mouth piece, then the little rubber washer (goes back in flat side down) then I pry out the bottom juice reservoir seal. this one is tricky to get out, but I use a tiny flat head screwdriver, and work my way around by prying from the inner hole, outward and upward. work your way around until its you can work it out, being careful not to lift the entire cup with it. I have honestly destroyed a couple by doing this so be careful, but I have opened 40 of them, and only destroyed 2, so it works for me. Once you get the seals out, drip down the inside of the outter edge of the carto one drop at a time. As you drip it in, tilt the carto. This way you can see when you are nearly full. Then put the inner seal in. Be careful to line up the notches with the wick coming off the atomizer, otherwise your juice will not wick. You will notice the 2 little fill holes exactly opposite the notches, so I use those little fill holes to know when I have it in there just right. Then use a drywall screw (one where the head will fit inside the carto) and while placing the carto on a hard surface, put the screw head down in there while applying even downward pressure. it will pop right on. blow out the exess juice, then put in the little rubber seal flat side down and then the mouth piece. You are ready to vape.

lmd514

ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
Michigan
www.facebook.com
Welcome! I used to "borrow" smokes from my parents as well. They noticed and eventually started buying them for me, then started making me pay for them when I got a job at 16. Both my parents started smoking at a young age as well, and I am partially determined to get them into vaping ;)

I bought a syringe when I bought my starter kit from vaporlifestyle.com. The syringe was only $1, but I actually haven't used it yet. I don't have any experience with the e2 cartos though.

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
Welcome to the forums! I am glad you didn't give up on vaping.. technology has its downfalls.. remember the first iPods? How big and bulky they were, riddled with battery issues? Well everything takes time, and as demand increases for advances, the product - and the market - will evolve.

I hope you find the support you are looking for here. I don't have knowledge of the cartos you are using, so I will leave that question to someone with experience. How long have you been vaping this time around?

*BUMP*

Congrats, I wish you the best in your journey. :)

des09

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2010
Utah
Regarding the bent E2 R4 filler needle, amazon stocks blunt needles. Amazon.com: Stainless Steel Blunt Needle With Luer Polypropylene Hub 20 Gauge x 1-1/2" Length (Pack of 25): Industrial & Scientific

Welcome... I am a newbie here too, but have been watching ecf for a few weeks. What an awesome community. So full of ideas, support and personalities.

My "analog quit date" was 03/23/10... since then I have relapsed plenty, but always pull through with my ecigs. I started with 510 auto batteries, and have moved to USB passthroughs, mega bats, sit-n-go's... and now I am welded to a "roughstack" 3.7v mod from mad vapes. I just love having 1200mah!

I have done the atomizer thing, some dripping, burned through a whole lot of 510 cartomizers, and even tried the bottle mod. Still looking for the perfect solution.

Crimson

Verified Member
Dec 7, 2010
Alabama
Wow, thanks for the warm welcome and responses. Not sure what I was expecting, but this is nice. :)

All the info and links shared are very helpful. And since, as someone not having too much control over their motorskills, I'll likely have to use the condom refill method until my needles ship... maybe even afterwards since it seems to work well.

Adeline, I got the kit on Nov. 26th and have smoked less than a pack and a half of analogs since. Actually I have only had one since Dec. 2nd, so I'm counting then as my conversion/upgrade date. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread