Newb question about cartomizer tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

313M3NT90

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Port Hueneme
So I just received my first tank today, an Artemis locking 510 DCT (I'm assuming rebranding of the smokteck one). So how do I know when to drip into the carto,seems like after a few good hits it seems harsher and I feel like the carto may be drying. Should I suck it in from the tank or drip? Thanks in advanc!

SilentScreams

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Cottekill,NY
This may sound stupid but I've seen it happen.... Did you make sure you got pre-punched carto's? If no then did you punch the carto's? Also what's the pg/vg ratio of your juice? Higher pg may need more holes or you can make the current holes bigger with a carto punch.

Fill the carto with a blunt needle or needle tip for your bottle makes it easier than dripping in it. Insert cato into the tank, fill the tank, wait a few mins and then vape away.

It's possible you may also have a DOA carto. It does happen.

Once a carto is filled and inseted into a tank with liquid in it there should be no more dripping until the tank is empty or nearly empty.

SilentScreams

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Cottekill,NY
Yes, 2 hole prepunched, I don't think I'm really having a problem with wicking, cuz I get really good hits, I think I'm just messing with it too much lol. I wanna say it's 40/60 vg/pg I think,I'll have to check.

I vape 60/40 or 50/50 and when I use my carto tanks I need to either make the holes bigger or punch a 3rd. This may help with wicking your juice. I have no problems chain vaping with 3 small holes or 2 self punched holes. Self punching holes come out larger than laser punched so it makes a bit of difference.

313M3NT90

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Port Hueneme
I vape 60/40 or 50/50 and when I use my carto tanks I need to either make the holes bigger or punch a 3rd. This may help with wicking your juice. I have no problems chain vaping with 3 small holes or 2 self punched holes. Self punching holes come out larger than laser punched so it makes a bit of difference.
Maybe I'll try that, though I don't have a carto punch, I'm sure there's others ways. Do you suggest single coil as well?

SilentScreams

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Cottekill,NY
Maybe I'll try that, though I don't have a carto punch, I'm sure there's others ways. Do you suggest single coil as well?

If you have a dremel tool you can slot your carto instead of punch it. PBusardo does a little tut on slotting search youtube for it.

I personally prefer single coil, but that's me. Some prefer duel coil. Everyone is different.

313M3NT90

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Port Hueneme
Love me some xxl boge 2 ohm in my sub tank. Just punch your own carto's. takes like 2 min. No need for special tools either. Just a hammer and a nail. After the initial hole,tap lightly.

^ that's what she said....
Hahah idk if those will fit in my tank! That's the tank from mom n pops vape shop?

313M3NT90

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Port Hueneme
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread