Newb questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I've done a bit of searching but couldn't find quick answers to these!

1 - I live in Canada... It gets pretty damn cold up here in the fall/winter! I noticed that my evod wouldn't work in the cold yesterday (I was out for a walk with my daughter). Anyone have solutions to fight the "it's too cold and my evod won't work" syndrome?

2 - How do you carry an evod? Lanyards seem to fit Egos... My work requires me to climb, crawl, work in awkard positions, etc... Is there a carrying device of some sort? Suggestions?

Thanks!

Enoch777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Midwest, USA
Sorry I have no idea for the first question. Perhaps you could get two birds with one stone... and attach your carrying case somewhere it would be inside your coat so it doesn't get as cold.

I found this nifty thread detailing a few PV holster mods/ideas, from knife holsters to custom made fittings from "The Bag Lady" Looks neat, give it a look!

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarette-accessories-discussion/293243-looking-kgo-ego-size-belt-holster.html

[url]http://www.vegasbindery.com/custom-leather-ego-holster/

[/URL]

Last edited:

BigCatDaddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Near Austin, Texas
I'm also on the lookout for a suitable carrying system for being outdoors and active. I can't have a lanyard around my neck with my device flopping around all over the place. What I've come up with so far is the belt case for a mini-mag lite for my Itaste V3/Kanger tank. My Zmax mini/Kanger tank, it's a bit fatter so I dug around in my old surveying gear and found a carrying case for a hand level that might just work. It's belt mounted too so that's a plus.

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
Welcome to the forum! Sorry, I can't help with problems with your e-cig in the cold weather because I live in South Florida. lol. But I would think that if it's real cold outside, it would make your eliquid get thicker and harder to wick properly. Just a thought :) I know if I have nic in the freezer or premade juices in the refrigerator, I need to let them get to room temperature before they work decent, otherwise they are just thick.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
1 - I live in Canada... It gets pretty damn cold up here in the fall/winter! I noticed that my evod wouldn't work in the cold yesterday (I was out for a walk with my daughter). Anyone have solutions to fight the "it's too cold and my evod won't work" syndrome?

I went through last winter in Ontario and I didn't have many problems. Cold makes juice thicken up a bit, but my 50/50 PG/VG juices didn't give me problems except for a few times when it was really cold. VG is much thicker than PG, so that's an issue too. I was using Vivi Novas and cartos most of the winter, not Evods which could make a bit of difference too. I did put my PV in an inside pocket when not vaping so it didn't get too cold.

If that doesn't help you, you could add a few drops of water per tank to thin the juice slightly. Just mix it well. I use higher VG lately and find I need to do that to help wicking in some devices even when it's warm.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Thicker juices (higher VG percentage) may not wick as well in cold winter temperatures. The nice thing about about tube mods is that they can be kept warmer in a pants pocket. With cartos and carto tanks additional or larger holes in the carto can help wicking a thicker liquid in winter without changing PG/VG ratios.

Last edited:

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
Hi all,

I've done a bit of searching but couldn't find quick answers to these!

2 - How do you carry an evod? Lanyards seem to fit Egos... My work requires me to climb, crawl, work in awkard positions, etc... Is there a carrying device of some sort? Suggestions?

Thanks!

Hi Ollie; Welcome to the forum. Can you be more specific about #1? FWIW I've noticed that I don't taste vapour from my E-Cig nearly as well if i'm out in the cold. In fact I hardly ever do it at this point -- late October! -- I've started sneaking vapes in the office hallway. Do you mean that your EVOD is actually malfunctioning in cold temperatures?

Can't really help you with #2, I just put my E-Cig in my pocket. I have seen a holster E-Cig holder, sort of like one of those cell phone belt holsters, but I didn't really look at it closely.

Regards
Glenn

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
Hi Glenn,

After a 20 minute walk outside with my daughter, I couldn't get it to work at all... I must say that I attributed the whole thing to the juice thickening up (it really did). I've learned my lesson! Inside pocket it is (when I'm out in the cold)!

Greetings Ollie; There's definitely a learning curve with e-cigs. But i think it's totally worth the investment of time and effort, because after several weeks of trial and error, i'm reached the point where I don't miss tobacco at all, and I actually prefer the taste of vapour over cigarette smoke.

Regards
Glenn

enamulmpi

Moved On
Nov 1, 2013
Jessore
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread