Newb Setting up a new MVP 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first battery was a eGo-C twist and the nice people at Alt Smoke set it up for me so I was good to go as soon as I left the store.

Today, I went in and purchased a new MVP 2.0, however, I didn't think to ask about the setup on it. Well, I got it home, screwed my t2 clearomizer into it and noticed that, from whatever default settings, it was hitting a tad warm for my taste, so, I went to adjust voltage (or so I thought). Now I realized that I was adjusting the wattage and am now getting nothing -nada- from it.

Since it is now way to late to contact Alt Smoke for help, I thought I would beseech you fine people for help in getting this MVP up and operational.

I did check out some of the videos on vw/vv but I don't feel at all "knowledgeable" yet.

Anyway, the only thing I haven't done yet is screw the iClear 16s onto it yet to see if there is some sort of connection issue with the t2.

Feeling kind of lost. I'd appreciate the help.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Will fill one of the iClear16s and check that out. It was not fully charged though the color indicator flashed green whenever I pressed it. It still seems odd that the T2 worked (albeit warm) and now suddenly nothing.

It has to be needing charged. Usually the batts are not fully charged when first purchased but can and do have a little bit in them. If it flashes when you press to vape then it needs charged. It should stay constant when pressing to vape.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Sugar, that must be the issue. I will leave it on to charge overnight. Any recommendations/target setting for vaping on a 2.4 ohm clearo?

If I understood the video correctly, if I'm vaping a 2.4ohm clearo at about 4 volts, my wattage should be set in the 6.5-7W range correct?

And hello IMZed. :)

That is where mine is. but you can go higher if you want. Individual preference. I guess you know that setting by the watt range, it will put the vv where it needs to go.
:)

edit....I just looked at mine and the w is 7.50 and the vv is at 4

sbmqcy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
Quincy, IL, USA
Ok. I've got mine in front of me now. First, watch P Busardo's review. You may disregard his opinions, but he walks through the functioning of the device pretty well.

You can either be operating in variable voltage or variable wattage mode. If you are in vw mode, clicking the vv button will change you into vv mode, and vice versa. If you want to adjust your settings, you hit and hold the P or U button until it shows either "P7.5" or "U3.7" etc. to adjust, click the same button (I.e. click P until you get the setting you want).

My experience was to experiment, starting low and moving up. Using the P setting will be easier because it is independent of the resistance of your atomizer. That way, any head you out on will stay outputting the same amount of power.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

sbmqcy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
Quincy, IL, USA
That is where mine is. but you can go higher if you want. Individual preference. I guess you know that setting by the watt range, it will put the vv where it needs to go.

From what I understand, it does not actually display what the voltage was when you switch, but rather the last voltage setting used in vv mode. Easy to check, just set it at an extreme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Edit: Yup, it's just picking up the last setting used in the other mode.

tstar

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA

So if I understand correctly, I can set my Wattage and the MVP will automatically (?) select a voltage for me correct? If so, from there, I guess you can use the voltage selector to more finely tune your vape?
So can you confirm that by setting the VW of the MVP 2, it will automatically set the voltage to where it should be?

then you can adjust the volts to get desired vape?

JHewey

Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
Bethlehem, PA
So can you confirm that by setting the VW of the MVP 2, it will automatically set the voltage to where it should be?

then you can adjust the volts to get desired vape?

I may be wrong as I am new. But I did alot of reading. But VV and VW work separately. If you set VW to 8 watts. It will read the coil head and Adjust voltage to get 8 watts. But once you switch to VV, VW is no longer used (kind of like it reset) and you will be adjusting voltage to get you desired vape.

MikeDG

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Gilbert, AZ
Nicodemusblasko,

I have the MVP 2.0 also. Once you're sure it is on, press both (and hold) small buttons and it will show you how much resistance (ohms) your coil head is. From then you can adjust your settings.

The wattage settings doesn't work for me. It gives me burnt hit! Maybe because of how thin or thick my juice is? I DIY my liquid anyway. I recoil my replacement heads as well, so that feature helps me to check my resistance.

As everyone had said, every vaper has their own experience. So my settings might not work for you. But at least an idea of how your hardware works will be helpful. Watch YouTube videos, but don't follow what everyone says. Make your vaping, your own experience by experimenting...

Welcome to the Forum anyway! This site will help you a LOT! :vapor:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
My first battery was a eGo-C twist and the nice people at Alt Smoke set it up for me so I was good to go as soon as I left the store.
:thumbs: Another welcome from a neighbor. I hang out at AltSmoke quite frequently.

I only had the MVPv1, so can't help you out with the wattage mode, as mine didn't have that feature. Anyway, I'm sure you're going to love your MVP. I enjoyed mine A LOT before I payed-it-forward to a close friend who wanted to try vaping to quit smoking.

Just wanted to give you a hello to the forum, and maybe I'll catch up with meeting you and share a vape sometime.

Just don't expect me to remember your forum name. :rolleyes: E-gads!

Last edited:

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Ok. This is how the volts and watts work on the MVP2 (or any current vv/vw device). If you set the watts to say 7 watts, the device automatically figures out the best volts to run at. You do nothing else but vape. You do NOT do anything to set volts.

If you set the volts, you need to know what your ohms are on the topper you are using, so you know what volts to set it to, to not get a burnt hit.

Think of it this way. Watts are red. Volts are blue. Just like two football teams. If you are on the blue team, what ever you do counts for the blue team, named Watts.

If you want to do something with Volts, you have to change uniforms and go on the blue team. You can not wear both uniforms at the same time. You are either Watts or Volts. Does this help?

The red Watts team has a computer that figures out where your good vape will be. If you want to adjust it, you changes the watts up or down.

The Volts team uses pencil and paper to find your good vape. You adjust volts up and down.

If you set Watts and then set Volts, you have just switched teams.

Last edited:

tstar

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Ok. This is how the volts and watts work on the MVP2 (or any current vv/vw device). If you set the watts to say 7 watts, the device automatically figures out the best volts to run at. You do nothing else but vape. You do NOT do anything to set volts.

If you set the volts, you need to know what your ohms are on the topper you are using, so you know what volts to set it to, to not get a burnt hit.

Think of it this way. Watts are red. Volts are blue. Just like two football teams. If you are on the blue team, what ever you do counts for the blue team, named Watts.

If you want to do something with Volts, you have to change uniforms and go on the blue team. You can not wear both uniforms at the same time. You are either Watts or Volts. Does this help?

The red Watts team has a computer that figures out where your good vape will be. If you want to adjust it, you changes the watts up or down.

The Volts team uses pencil and paper to find your good vape. You adjust volts up and down.

If you set Watts and then set Volts, you have just switched teams.
Mind = blown... totally understand it. I'm going for red jerseys blue helmets! haha kidding red team all the way for this guy. Thanks for putting it in an analogy I understood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread