Newbie- e cig KIT with a lot of vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am new to vaping, I've never smoked cigs before, but I tried vaping as a substitute for hookah because hookah is troublesome and I can't move more than 5 feet away from it. Needless to say I am now in love with vaping! I have a VaporX XPS starter kit, and it gets the job done, but I feel like (after seeing some videos of these crazy looking mods) it is lacking in vapor production. I do not want to spend too much, and I would prefer something simpler to maintain, maybe even a kit just so I don't have to buy everything seperately. The only reason I say this is because I know basically nothing about vaping. Thanks in advance for any start up suggestions!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
A price range would be helpful to give you some options. I'll give you two that I recommend, both can be purchased for around $50.

vivinovamini-twist.jpg

Ego Twist or Spinner batteries with clearomizer juice attachments

Innokin_iTaste_MVP.jpg

Innokin iTaste MVP mod kit with clearomizers

Last edited:
if you wanted to start cloud chasing (as it sounds like you do) you should look more into sub-ohm builds. this kit is pretty good, all in one place just missing an ohm meter (here). The batteries that come with are 30 A rated it would be able to get down to a little below 0.2 ohm build so you wont have to worry about the battery exploding on you. If you wanted to step it up and go for a mod (bigger batteries) with some consistancy and control you could go for the Vamo maybe the mvp?

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I have a VaporX XPS starter kit, and it gets the job done, but I feel like (after seeing some videos of these crazy looking mods) it is lacking in vapor production.

Well basicallly you already have a knock off ego kit, that is probably like a 650 Ego battery that is not variable voltage.

Getting a spinner or twist will give you variable voltage, i.e. you can dial up your voltage for a better vape. I think this will improve things quite a bit for you, as well as getting some good clearomizers, like an Evod clearomizer/tank.

BUT if you're wanting more of a mod, then you might want to go with the MVP that Baditude suggested. IF the box shape form factor doesn't bother you.

I'm going to make a different suggestion, too. If you like more of a tube mod, I really liked the Sigelei Zmax. It is a telescoping mod, so you can use 3 different kinds of batteries in them. They have both a 510 and Ego threads, so practically any device will fit on there, and it is also both VV and VW (variable voltage and variable wattage.)

Similar to a vamo type mod.
Here it is next to an ego type battery like what you have:
oc2z.jpg

pflz.jpg

Of course once you get into "mods" you're also going to need a good battery charger and some good AW batteries.

So, you might want to just hang and read on the forums to decide what mod you want first.

Last edited:

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
I'm a newb (vaping 6 weeks or so), I just got a Variable Voltage battery (eGo Twist), and I highly recommend that you get one of these VV models right from the start. I'm amazed at how changing the voltage setting a small amount -- about 10% of a volt -- can produce so much more vapour than the stock non-VV battery I was using.

Whether you buy stuff in a kit or piece by piece, once you get sorted on a good battery, you can keep trying clearomizers until you find the one that works best for you (assuming you prefer clearomizers over other types of e-cigs). I just got my 4th type of clearomizer, a Davide Mini, and it looks like this one is going to be a keeper; great tasting vapour in large amounts, with zero leakage.

Two of the previous clearos I tried were not good at all, although my impression is that QC varies greatly with many (most?) clearomizers, so what works well for some people are not good for others, and visa versa.

Regards
Glenn

Regards
Glenn

fatboy1

Oct 27, 2013
earth
More VG% will increase your cloud production.

I started out with a Chinese 800mah passthrough (charge w/usb on PC or wall adapter, vape while charging), 3 voltage settings, 3, 3.5 and 4. Hit the button 5 times it changes voltage and button color - red, violet and blue. 5 more hits and its off. Being cheap the voltages drop when the battery voltage drops. That with an evod and some of the right juice might be a good way to start. Made by Unicig or something (seems they all come from the same place).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread