Newbie in the Vaping World

Status
Not open for further replies.

____Godot

May 26, 2019
Hi there;
I just start vaping today after 10 years of smoking with a Smok Nord and Naked100 Really Berry 3mg/ml 70VG/30PG ejuice. I have some questions.
1. Do u feel like dizzy in the head after first time vaping?
2. My Smok Nord mouthpiece become bery hot after 7 or 8 puffs.
3. Is it dangerous to feel some juice drops in ur mouth?
4. Do u feel ur throat is too dry after vaping?
5. Is Naked100 ejuice a good brand?
6. With this juice is it better to use a 0.6ohm Mesh coil or regular 1.4 coil?
Thank u so much.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
2. considering the size of it, if you keep chain vaping it will indeed become hot.
3. No. it's spitback and although probably annoying, is safe unless it becomes large amount.
4. Yes. You need to keep very hydrated whenever you vape as vg will dry up your mouth.
5. Can't tell never tried them but i did hear alot about them a while back.
6. don't use a mtl coil for high vg these pods probably won't be able to handle them. If you keep using 70vg keep mesh coils.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain

No. Dizziness is a sign your getting too much nicotine.

If you have never smoked cigarettes then just use 0 Nicotine ejuice. 3 mg is too much for you.

This should not happen. Try puffing more gently, and slow. Just small gentle pull into your mouth, then stop firing the mod and then inhale fully. See if that helps.

No.. unpleasant, but not dangerous.

Yes. Drink more water, especially when vaping.

I don't know. It's not one I've ever used but I have heard of it, so it shouldn't be a bad brand.

Look for some 50VG/50PG next time you buy juice though, it will wick better.

Use the 1.4 first, until you are more used to vaping.

I do have to say, that Smok is a company that has spotty quality control, so if it continues to heat the mouth piece uncomfortably after only a couple puffs return it and get a new one. It might be defective but do see if changing the way you inhale helps any first.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Hi there;
I just start vaping today after 10 years of smoking with a Smok Nord and Naked100 Really Berry 3mg/ml 70VG/30PG ejuice. I have some questions.
Thank u so much.

1. That dizzyness is probably a nicotine buzz, but at if you've smoked for 10 years, and a 3mg juice is giving you a nicotine buzz, then it may be something else. I use 6mg, and I notice a tinge in the taste in the first vape of the day from the nicotine or if I haven't vaped for a while, but it doesn't make me "dizzy"

2. There is a small heating element that heats up the vapor. If you're using it heavily, it might get warm... it might be why you're experiencing dizziness.. you're simply over vaping.

3. unpleasant, yes, but dangerous, no.

4. Yes. Ejuice uses Propylene Glycol and Vegetable Glycerine, both of those are considered hygroscopic... which means it absorbs moisture. for that reason, you need to drink plenty of water when you vape.

5. That is more on personal preference. I make my own juice, so I cannot comment on juice brands.

6. that depends more on your vaping style. the lower ohm coils should provide more vapor, give a warmer vape, and should drain the batteries faster.

And welcome to the forums.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Welcome aboard - just to say, OMG I loved the buzz and the way my head swam when it lit up the first pipe of the morning and took a good drag at it and inhaled it; ditto when I smoked cigarettes and lit up my first Senior Service unfiltered in the morning while waiting for my first cup of tea.

Man of My Times I admit ... maybe you just had to have been there... but Man it wuz grand!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome and I'm sorry I can't answer your questions most of them are personal preference. Dizziness could be too much nic or inhaling to long and hard more frequently.

It's not like one coil is "better" than the other but the lower your coil resistance (kind of generally) the more vape you will get although on a fixed wattage setup I am not sure. If the higher ohm coil is making you dizzy though, I would suggest lowing your nic for the other coil.

Welcome and best of luck.

Anna

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Hi there;
Thank u so much.
Welcome Godot:) Congratulations on quitting the cigs. You've come to the right place. Don't give up because there are more than enough vape products to suit your needs. It's not uncommon for vape gear to deliver nicotine in a more potent manner than cigarettes. I have a tendency to chain vape and used to get dizzy until I lowered my nic to 3mg.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Now you have my curiosity:confused:.

Old style, full size, British Virginia, Navy Cut, medium strength cigarette - as smoked by James Bond's boss, M, in Fleming's books. Once very popular in the UK, in the bad old days along with Player's, Capstan, Kensitas, Gold Leaf and Churchman's.

To my mind vaping unflavoured, 50/50 PG/Vg, 16 strength liquid in a Nautilus Mini gives a hint of the taste and sensation of a Senior Service; the same mix in a GS Air Tank has hints of the slightly less mellow Player's.

Apologies for going off topic.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi there;
Thank u so much.
Welcome and glad you joined.
The following may answer some of your questions, might like to read:
A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette
As to the not answered questions above, could use the ECF search function in upper right hand corner of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread