Status
Not open for further replies.

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
Hello all,
I purchased my first e-cig about a month ago - an eGo one (I now have 2). As a cigarette smoker I was looking to rid myself of the stinkers. Happy to say I haven't had a cigarette for 3 days, only using my eGo ones.

I started out slow, using my eGo one occasionally, until I had no cigarettes left. I began with tobacco flavour and bought vanilla tobacco flavour about a week ago. The staff member at the local vape store changed the coil for me (I was nervous) and added the new flavour. Loved it!!! That is until today. I'd mixed the tobacco flavour with tge vanilla flavour. Now I can hardly taste it :( Admittedly I've been vaping quite a bit the past week. Think I need to change the coil? If so, how exactly do I do that?
Sorry for asking. It's all so new to me.
I'd appreciate any help anyone can offer. Thanks!

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Hello all,
I purchased my first e-cig about a month ago - an eGo one (I now have 2). As a cigarette smoker I was looking to rid myself of the stinkers. Happy to say I haven't had a cigarette for 3 days, only using my eGo ones.

I started out slow, using my eGo one occasionally, until I had no cigarettes left. I began with tobacco flavour and bought vanilla tobacco flavour about a week ago. The staff member at the local vape store changed the coil for me (I was nervous) and added the new flavour. Loved it!!! That is until today. I'd mixed the tobacco flavour with tge vanilla flavour. Now I can hardly taste it :( Admittedly I've been vaping quite a bit the past week. Think I need to change the coil? If so, how exactly do I do that?
Sorry for asking. It's all so new to me.
I'd appreciate any help anyone can offer. Thanks!
If the vapor quality hasn't diminished the coil might still be fine. More likely is you're getting a bit of "vaper's tongue" meaning that your taste buds are getting fatigued. Make sure you drink lots of water, brush your tongue with a toothbrush, and if possible, switch up the flavors occasionally so you're not hitting the same flavor notes all the time. It usually passes in a few days to a week.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Hi and welcome!

It might not be your rig, it might be your taste buds. Unfortunately, changes in ones ability to taste flavors can be wonky for awhile. There are several articles on the internet under "Vaper's Tongue," but I think this one was the first:

Taste Buds and Vapers Tongue

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
either your coil is getting gunked up and/or your going into flavor saturation ( vapers tounge). When a body is constantly experiencing the same flavor or smell the body shuts down the receptors to that source. thus the loss of taste/smell. Ever wonder why people who work with unpleasant smelling items can still work around them? they dont smell them any more....

Reactions: juskiddin

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
I wondered about vapor's tongue...the quality of the vapour hasn't diminished but coil looks a bit gunked up. Will switch coil just in case. I like the idea of having a different flavour in each "rig" [I'm learning ;) ] so will try that as well. Drinking lots of water is something I'll also try.

Thank you The Ocelot for the link.

Thanks so much one and all! The speedy responses are much appreciated! I think I'm going to like it "here".

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread