Newbie kicking the cigs for vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob m

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Philadelphia, PA
Hi everyone, I just started vaping a couple of weeks ago to help kick the pack a day habit. So far so good, still working on finding my go to juice and all. Picked up a couple different local shops flavors and ordered another couple from madvapes. Right now I am using a nautilus mini on a Kanger EMOW and seems to do the job so far.

Rickb119

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
Greeley, CO, USA
Welcome and congrats!

One thing to keep in mind is that your tastes will change over the first several weeks/months. So when you do find you go to juice, don't order it by the gallon until you know if you're going to still like it in a few months. When I first started, I only liked "very" sweet tasting juice. Now, I only like it slightly sweet.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Welcome. There is a learning curve. You'll buy some stuff that isn't what you prefer later. But you have been spending so much on cigs that you have the budget for that. Show some restraint on spending but buy what you need when you need it. Cigs were costing me close to $3,000 a year. I haven't spent a fraction of that on vaping so far.

I started vaping 7 weeks ago. The goal I set was to control smoking, not "quit". The day I started vaping my cigs declined 80%. I called that 80% control. I ran out of cigs 3 days ago and haven't been tempted to buy more. I call that 100% control.

Vaping is so effective I'm not worried about backsliding. If I have a cig it's unlikely I"ll stop vaping and return to heavy smoking. My main motive for smoking zero cigs is the bragging rights and more credibility helping others. Be sure to come back here and share your ideas and encourage others.

leekeylee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2014
Hull, UK
Welcome and congrats!

One thing to keep in mind is that your tastes will change over the first several weeks/months. So when you do find you go to juice, don't order it by the gallon until you know if you're going to still like it in a few months. When I first started, I only liked "very" sweet tasting juice. Now, I only like it slightly sweet.

Totally Agree, When I started vaping I loved the sweet juices, now they are too sickly and prefer the fruit/menthol blends. don't figure I never licked menthol cigs when I was smoking the stinkies !!

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
Hi everyone, I just started vaping a couple of weeks ago to help kick the pack a day habit. So far so good, still working on finding my go to juice and all. Picked up a couple different local shops flavors and ordered another couple from madvapes. Right now I am using a Nautilus mini on a Kanger EMOW and seems to do the job so far.

Keep going. For some of us, it takes a bit of time to find what all works. I slowed waaaaay down with smoking immediately (from two packs a day to maybe a half dozen cigs a day) but it was a good six weeks before I stopped smoking completely. Now I'm working on my 19th smoke free month. It'll be two years soon. I never went more than six months before. If that long!

So if you "slip" or need a few cigs a day, don't beat yourself up. Not everybody quits smoking entirely on Day One. It can take some of us time to get settled in this new thing. I switched kits three times, myself, before finding one that worked well for me! And, man, the variety in juices is almost overwhelming at first. Heh, I remember my first encounter with an actual vape shop and their 200+ flavors. Holy Hanna, how do you deal with that many choices? :)

'Course, now I love that about vaping. Year and a half in, I've barely scratched the surface of all the options on juices out there. Still got lots of new territory to explore...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread