Status
Not open for further replies.

TH'er

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2012
In the Ocean
Hello all,

I'm looking to try the E Cig to help me break a 28yr Marlboro red habit.

I want to buy the best FIRST without spending foolishly. I've been reading up a little on the ProVari2 and think that that may be the way I want to go, But I need to know exactly what I need to purchase in order to start.

When you buy the kit is Everything that I need to get started included? if not what accessories are needed.

I'm a pack to pack 1/2 smoker for 28 yrs.

I want to be able to purchase everything that I need at one time.. Is the ProVari and online only purchase?

what juice to start with? and coupons offers out there?

please advise..

TIA

T41CK

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2011
Taylors Falls, Minnesota
Wow you are asking alot of this post but here at ECF we try and help you out the best we can

Now from what I hear the Provari is the best, but there are stronger mods out there Just not the technology the vari has. When purchasing the vari starter kit you only get as shows, nothing to put your juice in and vape it. Only the battery, batts and a charger is the care kit

Second you will need to figure out what you want to use to put your juice in; Atomizer, Cartomizer, Tankomizer, Rebuildable atty tank
Once youve figured what you might be interested in terms of a juice houser post back and Im sure one of can asist you further

Third you are going to need juice,dont waste time on pre-filled any thing as they are a money pit. So I assume you are going to want something that tastes like marlb. For all new users I always recommend E-Liquid and Electronic Cigarette Shop - Category Listings as their prices are fairly cheap and they have good description of the flavors of juice. You shouldn't need cupons for this site, they always offer a 20% discount on the site all the time
Hope this Helps T41CK

ohh yeah go and check out some of those juice housers and let me know what you've found

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Provari v2 standard kit and get I vision Vivi Nova. Easy to fill and clean use the 1.8 ohm head on the atty. Go with 3.7 volts. later you can real rebuildable like that aga griffin or the T. But the vivi can be rebuilt if you want to or you can just replace the head. Later you may want to get the extended battery screw and the bigger battery. Nice thing is you replace the battery in the tube Provari and charge the drained battery. Other considerations it the Zmax v2 which is a VV or VW. I don't have one yet but it's on my wish list. I lover the PRovari and the Vivi nova attys. I have 5 of them and an old clearo and 2 rebuilcables. The ones I mentioned.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
There are other options other than a ViVi Nova for a juice delivery system.You can buy cartos and juices from Provari to start off with and then explore your options for accessories later. You also dont have to jump directly from a clearomizer to a rebuildable atomizer.

Taste in juices is subjective and ultimately your juice choice will affect your choice of a delivery system.For my juices I prefer a carto tank but your mileage may vary.

Last edited:

A BOSS

Aug 6, 2012
Al.
Buy this Blem ProVari V2 Satin Black get you a cople of batteries from provape while you order it I just bought one and cant find the blimish at all.I also love it, you are making the right choice I wish I was as smart as you a year ago. Now on to step 2 = Provape is good but once you have your Provari ordered there are cheaper prices to be had on the other accesories. Get 2 of these http://www.smokerevolt.com/35-ml-510-Dual-Coil-Tank-Tube-_p_143.html Step 3 = get 2 of these your choice the metal ones last and are tough http://www.smokerevolt.com/DRIPPER-TIPS_c_17.html Step 4 = get this http://www.smokerevolt.com/Lithium-Ion-Battery-Charger_p_23.html It will work fine with the batteries you buy from provape.Step 5= get some of these http://www.smokerevolt.com/Replacement-510-30ohm-Single-Coil-2-Hole-Tank-Cartomizer-_p_361.html they go in the tank and heat the liquid,I personally use dual core 1.5s on my Provari and vape between 3.8 and 4.2 and I get good throat hits and lots of flavor this is them here http://www.smokerevolt.com/Replacement-Single-Hole-510-15-ohm-Dual-Coil-Tank-Cartomizer-_p_16.html people say the single coil 3 ohms are better thats what Provape sells,I would try some of each maybe some 3 ohms and a couple 1.5s.buy a few of each and you will be fine for a while each one lasts me 2 to 3 weeks and I smoked a pack a day forever.So lets break it down now say $160 for your Provari your batteries will be $22 from provape,$10 worth of tanks drip tips will be $6 if that.The charger will be $6.18 if you buy 8 cartos at $2.00 a piece thats $16 so there we have it. $220.18 for everything that will make you happy and you will be putting out vapor like a steam engine.O and yes you buy the Provari online,I have personally ordered from the websites I gave you and they are secure as I have had no problems with them.There are also better tanks and better chargers and better everything and as soon as I click submit people are going to tell me I am a idiot and you should order this and that,but you do what you think is right.Im just trying to help you if you buy the provari starter kit it is $211.and that is no tanks and no cartos and its the silver one.I got mine in yesterday I can not find the blimish and believe me I have looked.I upgraded to the blue L.E.D. and I love that to_Okay now on to eliquid,here is where you have to find what you likeI can only say that since you will be ordering from Smoke Revolt anyway try his.I love it and its cheap if you want to sample some flavors here is your best bet I order from here all the time to 5 Pack of 10ml Bottles - Smoke Anywhere For Penny's, LLC Store that way you can sample different flavors,and just get you a big bottle of regular tobaco to go with that E-Liquid - Tobacco Flavors - Smoke Anywhere For Penny's, LLC Store anything like one of these.I think her 40 mil botlles are $17.95 and the 5 pack of sample bottles is also $17.95,I can not stress how you should sample though I was a straight tobacco flavor user forever,now I smoke lemonade pucker,h2o melon,bacon and waffles,etc. Well i hope I have helped this is what I would buy to start Knowing what I know now.You can always buy better tanks and stuff later but htese work good and a full 5 mill tank will last for a while,the reason I said buy 2 is you always must have a back up when trying to stop smoking.If you broke a tank and didnt have a back up look out real cigs here you come again.

Last edited:

pherik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2012
Chantilly VA
The provari is a great system that is very stable and strong as an ox when it comes to systems. A great choice for people who want something stable and has a pretty good warranty, that and you can get a hold of them as opposed to the other high end mods. the ViVi Tank is an ok system but it really depends on what you want. The ViVi authentic system works pretty well and holds around 3 ml of liquid and comes a number of different atomizer heads of different ohms and I have heard around 2 or 2.2 is a good one to go with.

Liquids I prefer MaddCatt, altcig, ivape and blue mist depending on your tastes.

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
Your a smart Noob TH'er, starting off with the best equipment..
ProVari Black Electronic Cigarettes: Black Electric Cigarette, Black E-Cigarette Order the extention cap with your Provari

Best Rechargeable Battery Chargers: Pila Battery Charger & Pila Charger Get the Pila charger, its the best for your batteries.

Custom HH.357 Cisco Spec Hybrid 510 Atomizer - Avid Vaper If you dont mind dripping HH357 attys are the way
to go for High performance vaping. 3.0 ohm attys for a Provari.

http://www.innovapor.com/ultrapure-e-liquid/ My favorite 100% VG juice. From 0mg-- 36mg nicotine
I use the the unflavored @ 30mg.. Super clean taste.
Coupon code: ECF20

Last edited:

TH'er

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2012
In the Ocean
Thank You T41CK for the informative reply.

WOW !!! after looking at many of the pictures in a different thread I thinking that I may want a Rebuildable atty tank like the Z atty pro .. there are some pretty cool Mods out there !

But, I know that I wouldn't want a unit that suffers from leakage. Has this issue been fixed? is there one where you can use as an EDC without the worries.

afterall, being a Tradesman I'm thinking I'd like something somewhat durable.

Edit : ps. didn't see all of the newer responces.. thanks everyone

Last edited:

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Thank You T41CK for the informative reply.

WOW !!! after looking at many of the pictures in a different thread I thinking that I may want a Rebuildable atty tank like the Z atty pro .. there are some pretty cool Mods out there !

But, I know that I wouldn't want a unit that suffers from leakage. Has this issue been fixed? is there one where you can use as an EDC without the worries.

afterall, being a Tradesman I'm thinking I'd like something somewhat durable.

I wouldnt recommend a rebuidable to anyone just starting out for a couple of reasons.

The first being that there is a high learning curve to setting them up right. Even every day users will tell you they are kinda fiddly until you get the hang of them.

Have you looked at Phiniac pyrex tanks and a carto setup? Still a learning curve associated with them but much more forgiving of user error imo.You can find more info and pics at Phiniac.com. If they turn out to be something that interests you you can also find cheaper alternatives at IBTanked.com and valley view vapes.

pherik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2012
Chantilly VA
zapped is correct on not recommending a rebuildable to someone who is starting out. They can be a little problematic until you know how to properly wrap the coil and the wick.

I personally own a Phiniac pyrex tank and use boge 510 carts in it and it's pretty easy to use and a great start for tanks. I would suggest for rebuildables to get comfortable with the standard system and do more research before going with a rebuildable. At that time I would then suggest getting something you can fiddle with that isn't going to cost a bunch until you get the hang of creating coils/wicks whether it be silica and coil or SS Mesh style. There are genesis style tanks that do not cost a ton that you can fiddle with until you get it working well. Also, with all rebuildables, make sure you test the ohms before you try to use it because it can damage the device, maybe not the provari, but I have heard other devices having the issues with improper coils.

synthsiggy

Moved On
Nov 29, 2012
When get that Provari you will understand how fairly priced they are... Quality and reliablity with high performance VV that is second to none.
I will be getting one. And even though they may seem to be worth the money are still far too over priced. Think about it this way. A lot more people would have them if they weren't so expensive, wouldn't they !?, i know i would !. People buy a much cheaper priced mod than have to pay the extortionate price for a provari. But just like most things i expect the price to come down considerably over the next year or two. I could buy a theatrical fog machine for less. Imagine that, just sitting in a fog filled room inhalin e liquid fog from a fog machine. Hehehehe !. That too is overkill eh !.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
When you factor in the cost of replacement batteries for say an Ego Twist for example they arent expensive at all. I fully expect my Provari to be working 2+ years from now with only a little maintenance and replacement batteries that cost 10 bucks on average.

If youre thinking short term, yeah it can seem like a lot of money but ask anyone who owns one and the long term benefits far outweigh the higher initial cost.

TH'er

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2012
In the Ocean
I wouldnt recommend a rebuidable to anyone just starting out for a couple of reasons.

The first being that there is a high learning curve to setting them up right. Even every day users will tell you they are kinda fiddly until you get the hang of them.

Have you looked at Phiniac pyrex tanks and a carto setup? Still a learning curve associated with them but much more forgiving of user error imo.You can find more info and pics at Phiniac.com. If they turn out to be something that interests you you can also find cheaper alternatives at IBTanked.com and valley view vapes.

I will have to agree with not having to deal with such a high learning curve to begin with.

OK.. So im looking at the PV2 black , Pila 4 stage charger, 2 18650 batteries w/ ext cap,

Then I would need a Tank & Carto setup ? I gues picking a tank seems to be fairly easy from Phiniac but couldn't find carto setup..

LOL.. please go lightly as i'm being feed milk. lol

is there anything else needed besides juice inorder to start Vap'in

should I opt for the additional warranty as well?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I want to buy the best FIRST without spending foolishly. I've been reading up a little on the ProVari2 and think that that may be the way I want to go, But I need to know exactly what I need to purchase in order to start.

When you buy the kit is Everything that I need to get started included? if not what accessories are needed.

I'm a pack to pack 1/2 smoker for 28 yrs.

I want to be able to purchase everything that I need at one time.. Is the ProVari an online only purchase?

what juice to start with? and coupons offers out there?

please advise..

TIA

I just helped another new user pick out what she needed to buy for a Mini Provari in the following link:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/358818-help-first-purchase-overwhelmed-info-choices-3.html#post8049384

Everything is the same except you will order the Provari 2 instead of the Mini, and ordering the 18490 batteries for the Provari 2 at RTD Vapor. If you want the additional option for the 18650 batteries (longer battery life), be sure to order the extension cap from Provape along with your order for the Provari.

I recommended for the other poster to buy batteries, battery cases, battery charger, and drip tips from RTD vapor. Similar or better prices and better selection. http://www.rtdvapor.com/

Vivi Nova tanks from Got Vapes http://www.gotvapes.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=151&zenid=8ab6e481ad2e304901e7965a6be44ce2, and offered a couple of options for e-juice.

Once everything arrives, this setup will be good to go to begin vaping almost immediately. (Charge up the partially charged batteries upon delivery.) I did not feel the other poster would benefit from the Provari starter kit, so had her just get the Provari and extender cap from Provape. Your needs may vary.

Concerning batteries, I would recommend at least two of the 18490 AW IMR batteries for your setup. If you are also getting the extension cap for the longer lasting 18650 AW IMR, at least two of those should suffice. http://www.rtdvapor.com/BATTERIES_c3.htm

Your choice of the Pila charger is an excellent one. I have one and am extremely pleased with it.

I recommended the clearo style tanks instead of the cartotanks because they are simpler for a beginner to begin vaping up-and-running right from the start. When you are comfortable to advance out more, check out a cartotank from IBTanked or Phiniac.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I recommended for the other poster to buy batteries, battery cases, battery charger, and drip tips from RTD vapor. Good choice..
SuperT has good prices also... and sweet T Tips

Should I opt for the additional warranty as well? Ive owned 3 and never did....
I chose not to buy the additional warranty. This was a personal choice after reading of the quality of the Provari and the rare instances where warranty support was needed. I had confidence that should I need service after warranty, Provape does so at reasonable costs.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I will be getting one. And even though they may seem to be worth the money are still far too over priced. Think about it this way. A lot more people would have them if they weren't so expensive, wouldn't they !?, i know i would !. People buy a much cheaper priced mod than have to pay the extortionate price for a provari. But just like most things i expect the price to come down considerably over the next year or two. I could buy a theatrical fog machine for less. Imagine that, just sitting in a fog filled room inhalin e liquid fog from a fog machine. Hehehehe !. That too is overkill eh !.

this is actually false. provaris are world wide and from talking with them they have a hard time making sure there is constant supply in stock.
is it better then other pv"s? feature wise? no its not, its a battery holder and in this day and age with all the focus on VW the PV is being left behind by many people.

Is it overpriced? while it defiantly seems high, no it's not for the amount of quality and exceptional customer service you also get.

there are people who have thrown them in the washer, dropped them into cups of coffee, one guy had one roll off his flatbed truck and after backtracking for miles found it on the side of the road, two others have left them on the roof of the car and seen them go bouncing down the highway. another member dropped it into a toilet.

In the end all of them still worked like new.

there are people who have sent them in for repairs, simple $15 repairs and had their unit returned completely upgraded and refurbished with the latest endcaps and circuit boards.
You cannot put a price on this kind of customer service, Provari owners are loyal to their product and provape makes sure their is good reason, 2 years from now I can still send it in under warranty.

theres only one thing to use for comparison, the original hummer , plain, not alot of luxury or bells and whistles but damn near indestructible.
check the classies and watch how fast PV's sell at almost cost compared to other stuff.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Buy this Blem ProVari V2 Satin Black get you a cople of batteries from provape while you order it I just bought one and cant find the blimish at all.I also love it, you are making the right choice I wish I was as smart as you a year ago. Now on to step 2 = Provape is good but once you have your Provari ordered there are cheaper prices to be had on the other accesories. Get 2 of these http://www.smokerevolt.com/35-ml-510-Dual-Coil-Tank-Tube-_p_143.html Step 3 = get 2 of these your choice the metal ones last and are tough http://www.smokerevolt.com/DRIPPER-TIPS_c_17.html Step 4 = get this http://www.smokerevolt.com/Lithium-Ion-Battery-Charger_p_23.html It will work fine with the batteries you buy from provape.Step 5= get some of these http://www.smokerevolt.com/Replacement-510-30ohm-Single-Coil-2-Hole-Tank-Cartomizer-_p_361.html they go in the tank and heat the liquid,I personally use dual core 1.5s on my Provari and vape between 3.8 and 4.2 and I get good throat hits and lots of flavor this is them here http://www.smokerevolt.com/Replacement-Single-Hole-510-15-ohm-Dual-Coil-Tank-Cartomizer-_p_16.html people say the single coil 3 ohms are better thats what Provape sells,I would try some of each maybe some 3 ohms and a couple 1.5s.buy a few of each and you will be fine for a while each one lasts me 2 to 3 weeks and I smoked a pack a day forever.So lets break it down now say $160 for your Provari your batteries will be $22 from provape,$10 worth of tanks drip tips will be $6 if that.The charger will be $6.18 if you buy 8 cartos at $2.00 a piece thats $16 so there we have it. $220.18 for everything that will make you happy and you will be putting out vapor like a steam engine.O and yes you buy the Provari online,I have personally ordered from the websites I gave you and they are secure as I have had no problems with them.There are also better tanks and better chargers and better everything and as soon as I click submit people are going to tell me I am a idiot and you should order this and that,but you do what you think is right.Im just trying to help you if you buy the provari starter kit it is $211.and that is no tanks and no cartos and its the silver one.I got mine in yesterday I can not find the blimish and believe me I have looked.I upgraded to the blue L.E.D. and I love that to_Okay now on to eliquid,here is where you have to find what you likeI can only say that since you will be ordering from Smoke Revolt anyway try his.I love it and its cheap if you want to sample some flavors here is your best bet I order from here all the time to 5 Pack of 10ml Bottles - Smoke Anywhere For Penny's, LLC Store that way you can sample different flavors,and just get you a big bottle of regular tobaco to go with that E-Liquid - Tobacco Flavors - Smoke Anywhere For Penny's, LLC Store anything like one of these.I think her 40 mil botlles are $17.95 and the 5 pack of sample bottles is also $17.95,I can not stress how you should sample though I was a straight tobacco flavor user forever,now I smoke lemonade pucker,h2o melon,bacon and waffles,etc. Well i hope I have helped this is what I would buy to start Knowing what I know now.You can always buy better tanks and stuff later but htese work good and a full 5 mill tank will last for a while,the reason I said buy 2 is you always must have a back up when trying to stop smoking.If you broke a tank and didnt have a back up look out real cigs here you come again.
:facepalm:

There may have been some excellent advice in this post, but no way am I going to read a wall of text. Dude, use your enter key to make paragraphs if you want people to read your posts. Just helpful advice for the future, not a hater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread