Newbie MOD learning, what to expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

superstarsticky

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2014
Gilbert, Arizona, United States
Gotta say I'm very happy with the Sony 30 amp 2000 mah. It rocks all day long and stays cool as a cucumber. As far as a multimeter goes. My 15 dollar radio shack version works flawlessly. All I have to do is tap the leads together and factor that resistance into my readings.

Awesome man! I have had my Sony's for about 2 day's now and I've experienced the same thing. I can vape hard on my mod and the only thing that get's 'hot' is the atty. Really as cool as a cucumber is right! lol (cause it's green) lol

zhentipede

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
California, USA
Screenshot_2014-01-29-21-53-20.jpg
there is a free app for phone vaper's tool box check it out

I use these apps for building/vaping

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
You probably have heard this already but one more time... put the dual coils away, get some IMR batteries ( Panasonic) get an ohm meter, learn ohms Law, read more on mech mods and coiling. The details in Cloud chasing are subtle, alot more going on than just wrapping up 2 small coils and puttin juice to them.... Im not fussin, Im trying to save you alot of grief...

wes1

Sep 9, 2013
You probably have heard this already but one more time... put the dual coils away, get some IMR batteries ( Panasonic) get an ohm meter, learn ohms Law, read more on mech mods and coiling. The details in Cloud chasing are subtle, alot more going on than just wrapping up 2 small coils and puttin juice to them.... Im not fussin, Im trying to save you alot of grief...

And your teeth/fingers.

KV

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Ohms law easy. Divide your voltage (4.2) by ohms (lets say .5) to get amps which would be just over 8. Also if making dual coils the amps double.

not that easy ;)
quad coil in parallel heres the math:
1/((1/C1)+(1/C2)+(1/C3)+(1/C4)) C1 thru C4 = resistance of each coil

superstarsticky

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2014
Gilbert, Arizona, United States

I really appreciate the advice man!

I've been told these batteries here are top of the line for this dual coil, sub-ohm building
4X Mnke IMR 18650 30A 60A Mechanical Mod Sub Ohm Batteries Free Shipping | eBay

Are the panasonic your talking about the new hybrids? Could you please provide a link? As well, which do people prefer?

I have these now - 4 Sony US 18650 VTC4 High Drain 30A Rechargeable Battery Nitecore I4 Charger | eBay

Thanks!

roadie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Southern CA
4 resistance in parallel? 4 coils? what is r1, r2, etc...

This is true only if you have four coils truly in parallel. Most I've seen have four coils in the build but still have two true current paths and each path has two coils each. Basically you have dual "series coils." Ignore all these related posts for a standard dual coil build Lol. It will just confuse you.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread