Newbie Mod-making Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toker

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2010
Georgia
First off, I'd like to say.............WOW! I'm amazed at all the different homemade mods I've been looking at in this forum. I'm still very new to vaping, only about 2 months or so, and just on a 510 and ego. I just recently got a 5v PT, which I love, but I'm never around a computer at work. So got a couple questions about building my own:

Can you build one without soldering? I have nothing to do that with and zero experience with it.

How much would it cost to make a 5v feeder mod? I think feeder is the right term, referring to the mods that have the bottle of juice hooked up in them. That seems like it would be the ultimate pv for driving.

How long do the batteries last on a 5v do-it-yourself mod?

I'm not a tinker person at heart, but if I take interest in something then I usually have to try it out at least once. And from what I have seen in this forum, looks like it could be a fun hobby for me.

CloudBurst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Georgia, USA
Welcome to Mod Land!
I'll try to answer what I can...
Can you build one without soldering?- you can but solder works best. I had ZERO experience in this stuff and have made MANY.
How much would it cost to make a 5v feeder mod?- You can do it pretty cheap, MadVapes has everything you need. Under $20 or so...maybe less.
I'm not sure about the battery lasting, depends on how much you vape but I'd guess, most of the day.
Search for Dreamsnchains thread, she has a tutorial that will be a huge help. She just started the thread for the 5V juice box.
Hope this helps.
Just noticed your from Georgia also...where bout?

jiff

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2009
Arizona
Well, I know with my 5v juice feeder the battery lasts over a day... I just charge it each night and know I'm ready to go the next day.

Solder is the best way to keep parts together. You can get a cheap solder iron and solder from madvapes. Not the best out there, but it will do.

Soldering is nothing to be afraid of, either. Easy enough to get the hang of with a little practice. Just don't grab the tip.

Sci

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Al
One of the main things of soldering - let the iron get hot. Also, when soldering, each time you solder a joint, the tip needs to heat back up. It's easy to get in a hurry to finish, but if you slow down, it will go a lot easier. Give it a few seconds between solders.
Remember, with soldering, more is not always better. It doesn't take much to make a connection that will last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread