Newbie: Need Quick Advice on First Kit Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainblow

Apr 19, 2014
CA
Hey folks! Just want to say thank you in advance for helping with a reply. :)

I'm looking to get into vaping. I'm a non-smoker, never have, never will be. However, I'm an occasional (twice a month tops) Hookah user. I love the chillax feeling of smoking after a long day, brainstorming my next big idea amidst vapor clouds.

I've read about 30 threads and am considering two options based on different opinions.
Option 1 - V3 KGO 1300MAH EVOD KIT - from hoosierecig.com - $40
Option 2 - innokin ITASTE V.V. V3.0 STARTER KIT - from hoosierecig.com - $48
(sorry, can't post the links as I'm a newbie)

I'm looking for
1. decent to good smoke production,
2. no need for "throat hit" as I don't need nicotine,
3. Decent battery life, although, I'm an occasional vaper, not daily.
4. Budget is $40-$75 for the beginning supplies.

Please let me know which of these is best, or if there is a better option. And if there is a better retailer to get them at.

Also, any juice recommendations would be sweet!

Thanks again,
-Blowtherainbow :D

Taowulf

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2014
Bend OR
First of all, go with the VV Ver 3.0. I started with something like the first one you listed and I wish I had started with the Ver 3. Secondly...you can get VV starter kits for closer to $30 on Ebay. Lots of good vendors. Third, you might want to consider the Innokin MVP2. If I HAD started with the Ver 3, the MVP2 would have been my second purchase. I will be back with some links...

Here is a good example of the VV

Itaste VV 3 0 Express Kit Authentic Guaranteed Directly from Innokin Free SHIP | eBay

Less than $30.

And the MVP. Around $40, free shipping.

Authentic Innokin Itaste MVP 2 0 2600mAh with Innokin ICLEAR30 | eBay

Last edited:

Taowulf

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2014
Bend OR
FYI, express kits will have just the device, MAYBE a charging cord. Nothing for your juice. Both of those are the complete starter kits. You may buy additional tanks later (either eGo or 510 threading will work).

if you don't like ebay, there is also 101vapes.

http://101vape.com/variable-voltagewattage-devices/148-innokin-itaste-mvp-v20.html

http://101vape.com/variable-voltagewattage-devices/183-innokin-itaste-vv-v3-express-kit.html

I almost forgot about them because when I was went to look at them the other day the site was down.

Last edited:

Cranky99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
Iowa, USA
https://www.completevape.com/innokin-itaste-vv-30-express-kit-black

Here is another source for the vv3 at under $26 shipped. They also carry juice and do reward points for money off future purchases. Says out of stock but in my experience, you will still receive it within a week. I've had great experiences with them on multiple purchases.

rainblow

Apr 19, 2014
CA
If I HAD started with the Ver 3, the MVP2 would have been my second purchase.

That looks like a great option for me. I checked out a review and the only MAJOR con was the pressure it took to press the button. Looks like I'll be doing a finger workout while creating cloud forests.

Now if I can find a decent juice retailer. Seems like completevape.com was a bit pricey

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
That looks like a great option for me. I checked out a review and the only MAJOR con was the pressure it took to press the button. Looks like I'll be doing a finger workout while creating cloud forests.

Now if I can find a decent juice retailer. Seems like completevape.com was a bit pricey

Nicoticket and Alice in Vapeland both have good juices. Nicoticket is very reasonable, price-wise, AIV is a bit more expensive and has more subtle flavors.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I do not agree with Jumpin'In.. Why should you not enjoy something just because you are not addicted to nicotine. There are lots of vapers (ones who are addicted and those that vape 0 nic). You already know that you like it be cause of the hookah experience. Both of the options you have listed have very good reviews. If this is something that you could wait 5-6 weeks on you could save alot of money at Fasttech.com $23.91 eGo-V V3 Mega / Evod 1300mAh VV/VW Starter Kit - black / 1.5ml / 2.0ohm / USB charging cable at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping Fasttech also has free shipping so you would really be saving probably $25. If money is not a concern you could find it in the us and received in a couple of days more than likely. Either one in my opinion, would serve you well. Good luck to you and welcome to ecf. You are going to get lots of suggestions but you just have to make yourself happy. :)

Cranky99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
Iowa, USA

The issue of the difficult to press fire button has been resolved in later production. I have one from the Shine Edition and it is not an issue at all.

Rwb1500

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
South Central PA
The issue of the difficult to press fire button has been resolved in later production. I have one from the Shine Edition and it is not an issue at all.

Agreed. Using an MVP2 right now and the button is fine.

Are there benefits to getting the Innokin iTaste V.V. V3.0 over the MVP2 ???

Boatloads more battery life out of the MVP, and it can be used to charge other devices if you would so desire.

Plus in a pinch you can put it in a sock and use it as a weapon. ;)

Last edited:

Storemyace

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2014
Canada
MVP 2.0 for sure, first one I've ever purchased and still continue to use it.

Pros:
26 hour batter life
Solid build and durable
You can charge cellphones with it!
It has a puff counter
You can adjust the voltage and power
Comes with an awesome iClear 30 tanks 3.5ml > Rebuildable too!
You can vape while it's being charged!

Cons:
It's fairly big
Takes 2 to 4 hours to charge

My rating - 9/10

set.jpg

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Have two "starter" mods (fixed voltage, 650/900 maH). Added a Vision Spinner 1300. Last Saturday, bought a VV3 (which I LOVE, btw), and yesterday, ordered MVP 2. Been on vacation the past couple of days, and ALL FOUR ran out of life (3 are pass-throughs, thankfully). Hence, I'm stoked to get my MVP this coming week. I'm not (although my bank account *is*) displeased with my purchases. I'm cutting myself off for awhile (MORE THAN ENOUGH juices and plenty of tanks and coils).

I'd lean toward VV3 (lighter weight, easier to hold/transport). Pass-through a necessity for me. I'm not having any problems with buttons. Check 101vape for prices too. If you're not as concerned about shape/size, go for MVP - less than $40 and only a couple bucks for shipping to me.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread