newbie need some input on a high end mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gt58

Aug 22, 2013
SoCal
im looking for a mod that is going to have very little voltage drop. i love the look of the copper mods and i know copper is king when it comes to low voltage drop. even more important would be solid silver pins. my only fear is that because it is softer, might the threads strip? if not i think silver plated copper (i know some things are harder to plate than others, is silver onto copper an easy thing or does it not hold up very well?).

im looking for a mod of that sort but i dont really know whats out there. 18650 or 26650 mod that is copper with pure silver pins(if possible) or copper pins that are silver plated.

thanks for your help guys!!

Dakota Jim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
in a warehouse buried near Univille SD
the Congestus

Colossal With The Congestus | VapeRev

not copper, not silver, but you can stack 26650s (not personally recommended) if you really want to have a workout while vaping (warning - please alternate which hand you vape with so that you do not have a freakishly large arm on 1 side)

Portertown

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Greenville, NC, USA
There is more to voltage drop than just the material a mod is made of. The least number of connections(single tube vs tube sections), having clean threads, having clean silver contacts, springs, etc.
Go to the blog section on the Atmizoo website. They give more technical info on mechanical mods than anywhere else I have seen. They make the Roller mod and are coming out with the LAB which I am waiting to get for myself.

MoDmAnDaN

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Spanaway, Wa.
I believe if you look at some charts out there, you'll find that brass and silver offer the best continuity, silver being the top dog. All mods out there will suffer from a voltage drop of some sort, just depends on how they are built and what materials they use.

IMO, the GG is one of the best and most beautiful mods going and Imeo offers a lifetime warranty on all his mods, even if you buy it second-hand.

There is a lot of debate on voltage drops. Some think it's important and some don't. I personally am not concerned about it, as long as the vape is good... That's all that really matters to me.

Sent from my Note II using Tapatalk.

Don Robertson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
not trying to stack batteries either. my sentinel clone drops to around 3.5 volts on a 0.2 ohm build. looking to beat this

What you best do is read up on those 0.2 ohm coils and what can happen if one small thing goes wrong. "Mico" - "Nano" - "Oh the clouds and clouds and clouds of "vapor"! Oh wait - those were my fingers! There are warnings on what batteries can do when 'ohms' are so low and tolerances SO critical. The Ya'llTube guys seem to neglect to mention the dangers. Or - so I'm told. I old, dumb, strange, downright stupid according to the "experts" who run wild sharing these "modifications" that border on foolish at best.

A "MOD" ..."that is going to have very little voltage drop" ..... in such a small package? Do you "really" need such an animal or is just "cool"? A car battery would work and be just as illogical.

No disrespect - but................................................................................. try being safe. You can still get "satisfaction".

Senile Old Man Don ............ awaiting yet more abusive 'PM's'!

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
not trying to mess with fasttech for this mod. i already have a brass sentinel clone and its alright but i want a real mod that hits hard and looks beautiful.

Depends what you mean by "beautiful", but I recently picked up a Panzer and I really like it, both from a performance and aesthetic point of view.

not trying to stack batteries either. my sentinel clone drops to around 3.5 volts on a 0.2 ohm build. looking to beat this

You're mixing voltage drop with battery droop.

ANY battery will exhibit voltage droop under load. The lower the resistance, the higher the current, the lower the voltage will go.

The term "voltage drop" that you want to look at is the amount of voltage "dropped" across the internal resistance of the mod itself, and that's not something that you can measure with one of those screw-on voltage testers.

And I'm curious about the batteries you're using - and REALLY hoping that you're running some high-current hybrids!

I only own "high-drain" batteries, but the ONLY batteries I use when I venture far into sub-ohm vaping are the Sony 18650VTC4's because of their 30 amp rating. Using a lesser battery with that 0.2 ohm coil is just risky.

Not saying that you don't know what you're doing, I'm just making sure you're doing it safely. I hope you understand.

gt58

Aug 22, 2013
SoCal
efest 2000 mah batteries at 0.2 ohms!!! lmao jk i got mnke's and vtc4's. ive been vaping for a year but i was just looking for some good mods. not confused with battery drop and voltage drop. my buddies nemesis clone has more drop because the silver plating wore off as compared to my v3 clone. same battery same atty. mine dropped to 3.5 volts and his 3.3 volts. im aware that with lower ohm builds there will be more drop because it is physically more demanding.

let me clarify, im looking for a mod that will send the most possible current to the atomizer when a 0.2 ohm resistance is inline in the current.

asking for known mods that have LOW voltage drop. not vv or vw, a mechanical mod.

thank you

dZXn

Nov 11, 2013
Costa Mesa
When you are fully charged on a MNKE you are pulling more than they are rated for at .2 ohms (21 amps). They have a "safe" discharge of 20 amps. You might want to stick to those VCT4's when building that low. Are you going to blow up? Unlikely, but having a level of safety figured in is a good idea. Battery chart HERE

The Vanilla hits like a beast, you just have to be able to stand the possible green, stinky hand from holding it. Hold a penny in your hand for an hour and see how your skin looks and smells to see.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
i was looking at the ember mod possibly

The Ember Mod by Golden Armour Mods | Congrevape

any opinions?

I don't have an opinion, since I don't own one yet, but I've been eyeballing that one for a few days....

You can never, ever go wrong with a PRECISE (any of them) from supertmanufacturing.

Perhaps this question would be best directed at SuperT, but are those actually always out of stock, or are they made to order? The 18650 Simplicity has been on my list for a little while, but every time I go to the website...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread