newbie needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sagicorn62

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2008
iowa usa
i purchased an epuffer elite, before finding this forum. it produces very little vapor, even with jc w/pg juice dripped on atomizer. the actual smoke, or in this case, vapor, is a psychological part of my nic addiction. after reading thru all of these threads, i seem more confused (well, i'm always confused) i would like to know which e cig product produces the best vapor and is tuffenuff to last a long time with heavy use (dependable). any advice is appreciated.

sagicorn62

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2008
iowa usa
i have read alot of good threads about the kissbox & seen the vid from rat. it looks like alot of good vapor, but if the atomizers do not last long, it could become expensive to replace them. i know everyone "smokes" differently. could i ask how heavy you use your janty and howw often you replace attomizers and batteries? also, are there any compatible generics for replacement?

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
You're not goign to find a product that is tuff enough to handle heavy smoking- not for very long- you might get hte odd atomizer that works liek a workhorse for more than a month, but really, most don't last that long from everyhtign I've read- some have beren known to last several months, but the ones I've read abotu aren't good vapor producers.

Probably the best advice is to buy from somewhere that has a great warrenty policy- 6 months or more- spend hte cash, and go with somethign like hte Janty KissBox classic, or even the 901 if you want a smaller design that is probably one of hte better ones on the market right now- but be aware, the 901 only lasts for a few cigg's worth of smoking before needing refilling

I'm currently smoking the Loongtotem mini cigg which produces a ton of vapor, but hte battery life is quite short- the Cartridges however last for quite a long time (some say for a couple of days, but I suspect hteir smoking habit might be lighter than mine as mine are lasting approx. 1 day, even with refilling, the heating coil burns the cloth and tastes terrible and I just chuck the cartridge at htat point rather than risking inhaling further burnt cloth smoke) But, I must state the throat hit on these is very very light unless you take double or even triple draws when inhaling- then you can get a fairly good throat hit, but oyu risk drying out the core sooner that way as I've foudn out- but, note hte cartridges do last all day long quite nicely. The loong has it's strengths and weaknesses- if you want ot read abotu them check out my thread as I've been givign my objective view of hte experience.

But hte standard eciggs that most people are using are the 901 and hte Janty- the 901 qould be probably hte best design to get your feet wet with as it's fairly innexpensive ($49 for hte kit at Cashme's 'puresmoker' site whichyou can find by clicking on his name or looking at his sig in his posts- tha atomzers btw are only $9.95 to replace- certainly cheap enough from his site-

You batteries hsould last you a month, perhaps more- but be aware, they are not all goign to as soem just don't work as well as others- that's the nature of hte beast I'm afraid- you'll also need soem backups incase of accidents as dropping them which will happen from time to time, will cause them to die prematurely.

A good recommendation is to have 3 batteries of each design ecigg, and two chargers, and a coupel of spare atomizers on hand- it's a bit expensive to get set up at first, but will save money in the logn run- also if you go with hte 901 model, be sure to buy soem esmokin juice to refill the cartridges with

Last edited:

sagicorn62

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2008
iowa usa
thanks naz.....that gives me some good ideas.....think maybe i'll try the budget way (901) and buy extra bats and atomizers....already have a bottle of jc juice.....seems i seen something in a thread about a new 901.....is there an older model?.....is one better than the other?......if the older is better, is it still available anywhere?......anyone know about this?

sagicorn62

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2008
iowa usa
thanks sara.....i have read alot of good things about the jantys.....but think i am going to go budget with the 901 until technology improves....i'm the "guinea pig" at work...iowa started their smoking ban july 1st, and everybody at work is going nuts....they like this idea of the ecigs, but like me, want to see more vapor for the effect....the jantys do seem to produce alot of vapor, but more expensive....some of the people at work have very tight budgets.....i think it would be better to show them something less expensive, like the 901 and juice.....but who knows? if the 901's prove less dependable, they could become expensive, also......only time will tell......just wish i had found this forum before ordering my first ecig.....everyone has been a great help....there is certainly a wealth of knowledge here.

20ADAY

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2008
Scotland
Just took a big draw from my 901 and blew smoke up towards halogen bulb as you can see they can produce a lot of smoke :) Fresh battery though and just freshend up a used cart with my pipete e-liquid dropper :thumb:

2qbssr6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread