Status
Not open for further replies.

AliyaPlush

Aug 28, 2014
MyHouse,MD,USA
So I started out with an eGo clone. Used it for about two weeks.

View attachment 386313

Then I upgraded to an Itaste VV/VW V3 and got some Nautilus Mini BVC tanks. (Flavor WOW! - Buying coils BOOO!) I tried rebuilding the coils and managed to do it, but at 0.6ohms (so it wouldn't work with my Itaste). Love the Itaste mod, and with the Nautilus tanks they work great for on the go or in my car.

View attachment 386314

The Nautilus tanks are great but the coils don't always wick very well, and are a pain in the tush to rebuild. I wanted something I could chain vape at home that would still give me great flavor. I went and upgraded again, and at the suggestion of the vape tech at my favorite local B&M I and got a Sigelei 100W and an Igo-W plus atty. They did my first build for me, duel micro coils, but the heat and vape output was way to much for me. So I did a single coil build but couldn't get my micro coil very tight. Destroyed two coils trying to rebuild it but I think I got it right this time. I was so excited I took multiple pictures. ;)
100_2252.jpg 100_2251.jpg 100_2250.jpg 100_2249.jpg
28gauge Kanthol, 8 wrap, 1.3ohms
Vaping it at 4.2v 13.1W right now, but I move it around between 3.9V and 4.2V depending on the time of day and vape I want.

Already thinking about trying a braided/twisted coil build next. Muhahahahaha! I think I'm hooked.

Any advice and comments welcome.
Suggestions for what dripper to try next also welcome! (I chase Flavor, not heat or cloud)

YAY FOR ME!:p

Last edited:

AliyaPlush

Aug 28, 2014
MyHouse,MD,USA
It looks like some good wraps. I don't use that much cotton, but if it wicks ok for you then it is fine. The coils will stay cooler if they have good airflow.

Thanks! I was excited it turned out so well.
I'll try using less cotton when I rewick and see how it vapes. So far it vapes like a champ and the single coil doesn't get very hot. I taped up one of the holes (this Igo-W has two) and I get more cloud and flavor with one hole instead of two, but not any extra heat, and I like that.

Good looking coil you've got there.

Thanks! Kinda excited to ready to try building more of them! :D

AliyaPlush

Aug 28, 2014
MyHouse,MD,USA
Hello and welcome
Nice coil
Looks good to me.
Thanks! :)

Looks good! If you're going to use that much cotton, use 2 coils. :)

I would add 2 wraps and go dual coil. The IGO-W is great for dual coils, stock air holes are not good. Get them to at least 1/16th.

Magma would be good for flavor. Also like everyone mentioned add another coil. Exact copy of your first. See how that goes. Than try twisted, parallels, and so on.

Thanks! I will try it with less cotton, although it wicks nicely right now. As I said in the first post, I tried it with two coils (built by the tech at the shop I bought the setup from) but I didn't like the how much heat the vape had, and the amount of vapor it put out was too much for me. I might try dual coils again some time, but for now a single coil seems to give me the exact heat and vapor production I like for my style of vaping. ;) I already taped shut one air hole because I want less vape, so I don't think drilling them bigger is something I will try right now. If I switch to dual coils I may do that to see if it gives me a cooler vape.

As for the Magma, maybe I'm confused but that seems like a step backwards from what I am using right now?

Thanks again for the kudos and advice!

AliyaPlush

Aug 28, 2014
MyHouse,MD,USA
You said flavor chase. Magma, Veritas would be my choices. I mean you can get them cheap and try them.
When I clicked the link in your first post suggesting Magma it sent me to this link.
MAGMA Kit
Is it these you are talking about or something else? These seem like a step backwards from the Box Mod and Dripper combo I'm using, but if they offer great flavor I may try them.
If those are not what your talking about can you post me a link to show what your are talking about. I'm still new to many types and styles of RDAs RBAs ect...

Last edited:

G-weezy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Minneapolis
When I clicked the link in your first post suggesting Magma it sent me to this link.
MAGMA Kit
Is it these you are talking about or something else? These seem like a step backwards from the Box Mod and Dripper combo I'm using, but if they offer great flavor I may try them.
If those are not what your talking about can you post me a link to show what your are talking about. I'm still new to many types and styles of RDAs RBAs ect...

I'm talking about the Magma RDA

KqwQWj8l.jpg

AliyaPlush

Aug 28, 2014
MyHouse,MD,USA
Hear!, HEAR! Looks good! My first coil got my arms stuck to my sides and I fell over. I had to wait for my wife to untangle me. (sigh)
Thanks...and EEK! Be safe!

I'm talking about the Magma RDA

KqwQWj8l.jpg
Well that makes a lot more sense! lol! Thanks for the suggestion! I'll check that out, looks preeeeety. Of course I'm going to have to wait a couple months since I just blew all my extra cash on this upgrade. Thanks again!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread