• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Newbie seeking advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
Hi all :)

I'm currently a smoker and am planning to quit on Wednesday. I've been trying to find an e cig for myself for about a week but there are so many difference websites and so many to choose from that I'm having trouble.

Please will you recommend one for me?

Thanks,

Lu

Hi there Loopy Lu!

I hope you don't mind if I give you this link to a reply I gave to Morris The Bear's very similar query about hardware.

Hope some of the links quoted are useful!

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/uk-e-smokers/23786-help-new-user-please.html#post377322

Best,

:)

C.

PS some links for E Liquids in the UK from Rollup's thread:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/uk-e-smokers/23831-roll-up.html#post378099

Last edited:

prof beard

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Stafford UK
As a starter, I'd recommend going for a "generic" and well known e-cig such as a 901 or 510. That way you will find plenty of different suppliers for batteries, atomisers and cartridges. (The 901 is stronger on flavour the 510 is stronger on vapour production - both are acceptable at both in my view)

Buy at least a couple of spare batteries and atomisers for whichever model you choose. I'd advice getting a bottle of juice (not a huge one) so that you can top-up your cartridges.

prof beard

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Stafford UK
Plenty of people are happy with the "super" - if you go that route be sure you know which model number (eg DES 103) it is as there is a lot of variation with "supers". TECC are in my opinion a reputable company, but I try to avoid recommending one company over another (unless a company has done something bad to me! I'm sure if you ask them they will tell you which model it is - I wouldn't buy a device from a company that won't tell you what model number a device is.

scyllabub

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2008
London, UK
I've heard that the "manual" Titan (510) is a reliable model - that's the one with the switch to activate the battery, rather than it being activated by one's "drag".

There are so many duff 901 batteries on the market now that although it's my fave and spares are so easy to obtain I'm going to stop recommending that newbies buy it. It does involve spending more, the Titan, and I sincerely recommend that 2 starter kits are bought because then you have 4 batteries and 2 chargers, you can always keep yourself going.

If I'd know "then" what I know now, I'd have invested in a good model with warranty rather than a cheapo.

My tuppence :rolleyes:

scylla

MrLongbeard

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
England
I Started with a 901 over a month ago and am very happy with it.

Apart from battery life :( I can vape them flat quicker than I can charge them (but I am a heavy user) I've not had any greif with atties (still on the first one).

I've had to return 2 batteries to get 3 that I'm happy with, and so far (touch wood & thanks too all holy deities) I've not had an atty or battery die on me yet.

Tim Robbins

Jun 1, 2009
UK
Great link Caesarea! My neighbour has just picked up a FREE black 901 (I think?) and a manual 510 from a guy at his work, 100 carts too. Jammy sod. The 510 pumps it out and looks to be a piece of kit really. It is more expensive than the 901 and there seems to be lots of users of both these devices on here. Whatever device, the only real thing I can offer is get a few spares (atomizers and batteries), they are pretty cheap anyway.

blackbug

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Berkshire, UK
www.eciggypedia.com
I love my 510. Good hit, lots of vapour. It is a thirsty boy though. Two batteries are plenty to see me through a working day (smoking on the commute, two breaks and at lunch. Plus 2-4 carts.

At home I've got one battery on charge, two in the box, and another in my mouth. I try to use them in rotation. Hoping they don't all go on the same day :)

I want to pick up 901 one day though.

Actually, what am I walking about? I want to try them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread