• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Newbie time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NikUk

Jul 22, 2009
London
Guys,

I just wanted a bit of advice. I have searched the forums, and I think I have a few of the pieces to the puzzle...

I recently bought a Titan to supplement the ecig I first got 17 days ago. The Titan from Electronic Cigarette Company came with 10 tobacco flavour carts. Now these make me want to retch. I cant stand the taste of them. Is there any way for me to 'wash' or clean the carts to essentially make them blank? Would just running them under the tap and letting them dry work?

Secondly, the manual battery on the Titan is superb to use, but only lasted about 2 hours of light (10 puffs twice an hour) usage. Thats not right is it?

Lastly the auto battery heated the atomiser alot more than the manual, to the point where it was significantly uncomfortable holding it. Again that cant be right? My original Gamucci does get warm but nothing like this, nor does the manual battery get this hot.

As a side affect of the battery heating the atomiser too much, the fluff (read: whatever the cart filling is!) seems to burn? I get a burnt taste from inhaling, and when I examine the fluff, it seems to have gone a bit discoloured (brown) where it touches the atomiser, and looks a bit crispy?

Any help or ideas would be much appreciated!

Last edited:
I'm also a new Titan user and I must admit that at first I was wondering what all the fuss was about as I experienced exactly the same as you.

First, the carts. It's not the cart that's the problem, it's the primer. The Titan ats seem to be primed with something similar to engine oil. It's seriously disgusting and (at least for me) it takes about 3 days to burn it off. Some people wash their new atties before they use them because of this. Once you get past the primer, the standard tobacco carts aren't that bad. Not great but not bad.

The carts are completely reusable - just pull out the white filler, rinse it under the tap and dry it. Rinse out the cart the same and then dry them off. Good as new. If you really hate the tobacco flavour, go ahead and do this before you vape it.

Battery life seems about normal. I tried using the manual battery straight a couple of times and I got between 45 and 90 minutes from a full charge. Completely useless, really. However, if you've got a PCC, just pop your battery back into that between uses and you no longer need to worry. I can go about 2 days with one manual battery using the PCC.

Not sure about your auto battery problem. The Titan does get very hot if you use it for long but I certainly found it got hotter with the manual than the auto. A cart having brown filler is normal (most juices are a bit brown and the tobacco juice in the Titan carts seems to be quite a dark brown) but filler going crispy is definitely not right. If that's happening, I'd say don't use the auto battery and contact TECC about it - could be a faulty battery.

And just to add, once I got my atomizers broken in and got used to the PCC/manual battery combo, I can see exactly what all the fuss was about - the Titan is a damn fine slice o' cherry pie!
TWM.

NikUk

Jul 22, 2009
London
Thanks for your reply... I had heard about the primer issue, and suddenly it all clicks into place lol....

The info about washing them is incredibly useful thank you. I have been adding a drop of peppermint to them before smoking which helps a bit, (but I think what is actually helping is the primer may be wearing off :) ).

I actually contacted the Elec. Cig. Company as I reread the product description on the website as I was convinced that I was supposed to have had two manual batteries, and it does state on the product page two manual. I spoke to a lovely young lady who has promised to send me a manual as soon as she receives the Auto back again, so it's going back in the post today!

Battery life may just have been a glitch on first charge... I charged it over night and so far today it's still going. I am a light smoker on these, so My Gamucci lasts about 6 hours, I was a little freaked that this one expired so quickly.

I really want a PCC, but having spent £120 in less than a month, I just cant justify additional costs as yet! I went for the traditional starter kit as it came with two manual bats and two atoms instead of the 1 auto the PCC comes with.

Thanks for the help! It really is appreciated.

NikUk

Jul 22, 2009
London
lol Tim,

I'm not sure... I did actually think about that, and apparently the old bats had 4 holes around the metal rim, although two were filled with plastic? I have no idea what relevance that has to anything, but this bat only had two holes. As for going off.... I had noticed that if I blew on the battery very soflty, when the Atty was not connected, it would go off which was weird. My Gamucci doesnt do that.

BadSeed

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2008
Arbroath, UK
It was the old atomisers that had the two holes filled in with plastic. The new ones just have two holes in them. The auto batteries are triggered by vibration, so loud music, blowing on them, or tapping them can trigger them. The switch is electronic. I'd expect your Gamucci has a more analoguey suction switch, which is why it isn't so sensitive.

The only thing that'll trigger the manual batteries is pressing the button.

NikUk

Jul 22, 2009
London
It was the old atomisers that had the two holes filled in with plastic. The new ones just have two holes in them. The auto batteries are triggered by vibration, so loud music, blowing on them, or tapping them can trigger them. The switch is electronic. I'd expect your Gamucci has a more analoguey suction switch, which is why it isn't so sensitive.

The only thing that'll trigger the manual batteries is pressing the button.

Thanks BadSeed. That makes sense! Well I am hoping that my replacement bat will be sent out on Monday, as only having one is kinda frustrating. I'm falling back on the Gamucci, which is ok, but no where near as satisfying as the Titan.

On the plus side, I had a few flavours fall on the doormat today, so am having fun testing these out. All good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread