Newbie vaper and 1 day smoke free :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dazie33

Verified Member
Oct 25, 2015
New Zealand
Hi, Rachel from NZ here. Im new to vaping and today is the start of my 2nd day smoke free. I am currently on my 2nd rechargeable e cig the Halo G6, and have been using it for 3 days. But sometimes I am still not satisfied with the amount of vapour and throat hit it gives. So my question is-What is a good regulated built in battery mod for beginners?

Vaping_Racoon

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2015
Montreal
Welcome to the forums :p

For the price (depending where you live it could be higher..), I think the Subox Mini Starter Kit is a great buy.

If you're looking to get started at rebuilding coils it is a great starting point and you can still use the coils that come with it
but I heard that some people had problems with them dying too quickly. I never had a problem with the ones I build though,
never used the stock ones :p.. and it's easy as 1-2-3.

Congrats on making the switch!

rchunter93

Jan 11, 2015
Puxico, MO
Welcome to the forums Rachel I am pretty new here myself. I do not know how many shops you have in your area or what the shops are like, but I would have to recommend, if you want to get more for your money, then you can shop at websites like myfreedomsmokes. This website has great buys and sometimes has deals called mystery boxes definitely worth checking out! As far as rebuilding coils, make sure you do your research beforehand

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
similar conversation going on here right now:
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/which-one-is-btter-to-start.709188/#post-16767064

no offense to anyone who answered here but a person using a G6, on their 2nd day of vaping is just not going to be served by a sub-ohm kit nor buying devices where they have to build coils.;)

Not the place where they can be or even need to be yet.

Not saying they can't be or couldn't be, but for most people.......no.

Also, preferences of the indiv need to be asked, such as do they prefer tube shaped mod, box mod, the form factor is really a "thing" for a lot of us and lets start there.

Last edited:

Pinot

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2014
New Zealand
Hi Rachel. Well done on taking your first step. I've googled your device and it looks like a cigarette style one? Do you buy cartridges for it? If it's a cigalike they can be relatively expensive.

For new NZ vapers I would recommend a craft Vapery subscription for ejuice. The coupon code 'SPOOKY' currently will give you 20% off your first box. To the box you can add an Ego One starter kit, which is easy to use and will get you going (you will need more gear) and you can also add replacement coil heads which you'll need. Get the 1 ohm ones. The 8 bottle box is the best value due to shipping costs.

There is a flavour profile to fill in (at this stage you may not know what you like or don't) I would leave it reasonably open. There's also a section to add comments to your curator, you may want to tell them you are new and would like some popular flavours. Then after your box arrives you can log in and tell them what you liked or didn't like.

Any further questions just ask, and good luck.

Reactions: Dazie33

rchunter93

Jan 11, 2015
Puxico, MO
similar conversation going on here right now:
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/which-one-is-btter-to-start.709188/#post-16767064

no offense to anyone who answered here but a person using a G6, on their 2nd day of vaping is just not going to be served by a sub-ohm kit nor buying devices where they have to build coils.;)

Not the place where they can be or even need to be yet.

Not saying they can't be or couldn't be, but for most people.......no.
You are 100% correct! Being a new vapor, if the subohm and rebuilding pool is something someone wants to dive into in the future, this time should be spent researching and learning all the accurate information that one can until the body can be eased into it.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    I think what people buy depends on the amount of research they do, and their technical background. If they aren't afraid of the effort, they might just throw down for just about anything.

I've only been vaping since Sept 7th, 2015, so I do not know her gear at all. I could Google it but my point is just that everyone is different. By January, I'll have made my first batch of e-liquid, and I'm gunning for some intricate coil builds based off of what I can learn on YouTube.

Since I started vaping I've bought more than 2,500ml of e-liquids. Also picked up 5 Aspire tanks and an assortment of replacement parts for the tanks, a Mako Shorty RDA, kanthal wire, pliers, cotton, a 75W and 150W Sigelei box mod, 2 different battery chargers, 12 batteries, and a lockable carrying case for travel. I'd be building my own coils, but I need to pick up a small set of screw drivers....then all hell is going to break loose!

BS MIS, Iowa State University, AAS Cisco Internetworking.

Reactions: Vaping_Racoon

Dazie33

Verified Member
    Oct 25, 2015
    New Zealand
    Welcome to the forums :p

For the price (depending where you live it could be higher..), I think the Subox Mini Starter Kit is a great buy.

If you're looking to get started at rebuilding coils it is a great starting point and you can still use the coils that come with it
    but I heard that some people had problems with them dying too quickly. I never had a problem with the ones I build though,
    never used the stock ones :p.. and it's easy as 1-2-3.

Congrats on making the switch!

Hi thanks for your reply :) I will go check it out and im not quite ready to get into rebuildables just yet. Prob will at some stage but for now just want to keep it simple. Buy the way how do I put my banner up?

Ablonz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 17, 2014
    Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
    Hello and welcome to the forums @Dazie33 !!! Some people are different and need some time of dual use both vape and smoking before they transition to being exclusively to vape. Some can do it right away. How long have you smoked? As far as vapor production and throat hit, there is a balance between nic level, pg and vg. It would be a lot easier to manage those if you change what type of ecig you are using currently. Everyone is different there as well. Some like box mods, some like tube style and so on. For me personally, I would suggest something along the lines of the MVP 20 watt. I have the first MVP and it goes 2 and a half days in between charges and is very durable. It has an internal battery and with a Kangertech Emow tank with air flow control running a 1.8 ohm dual coil at about 7-10 watts running juice that is 70 pg and 30 vg and depending on how long and often you smoke, the nicotine content would vary. Hope this helps and any other questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Last edited:

Dazie33

Verified Member
    Oct 25, 2015
    New Zealand
    Hi:) Its my 2nd day completely smoke free but I have been vaping for a few months and you're right I am in no way ready to start building coils or get into mods that I have to put batteries into. The 1st one I got about 2yrs ago and was called E Health Cigarette. It was a cig-a-like style but the batteries were real crappy and the prefilled carts dried up real quick, so it was no help at all. Then around the beginning of this year I got a Ego-t blister pack from a local shop that mainly sells pipes and other smoking supplies. It is the only one they have. The e liquid I got with it was 0% nicotine as NZ does not allow nicotine in them so I had to order Nicotine e liquid online. Once I got it up and running it helped me to cut down a bit but still couldnt quit. I then started watching vaping youtube videos and saw a review for the Halo G6. It arrived on friday and have been using it for 3 days now. I think I may have gone backwards by going from an ego t to the halo G6. Lol oh well never mind. I feel that its still not the right one for me so thats why I have come here to get advice on getting something a bit better than the ego t. But I know its only my 2nd day smoke free and am still having cravings for cigs, but I will persevere with what I have as it will take me a fews months to save up to get a new one. So I thank you all for any advice you can give me. :thumbs: :)

Dazie33

Verified Member
    Oct 25, 2015
    New Zealand

dionysuskiss

Cloud Dancer
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2014
    Dallas,Texas
    Hi and congrats on quitting. Many people, including myself, have had great luck starting with the Nautilus mini tanks. Easy to use, nice airflow options and delivers good flavor. As for mods, the istick 20w or 30w, will suit your needs with this tank. I do recommend the istick 30w, as it can grow with you a little, allowing you to move on to sub-ohming tanks, if you choose to do so.

Dazie33

Verified Member
    Oct 25, 2015
    New Zealand
    Hello and welcome to the forums @Dazie33 !!! Some people are different and need some time of dual use both vape and smoking before they transition to being exclusively to vape. Some can do it right away. How long have you smoked? As far as vapor production and throat hit, there is a balance between nic level, pg and vg. It would be a lot easier to manage those if you change what type of ecig you are using currently. Everyone is different there as well. Some like box mods, some like tube style and so on. For me personally, I would suggest something along the lines of the MVP 20 watt. I have the first MVP and it goes 2 and a half days in between charges and is very durable. It has an internal battery and with a Kangertech Emow tank with air flow control running a 1.8 ohm dual coil at about 7-10 watts running juice that is 70 pg and 30 vg and depending on how long and often you smoke, the nicotine content would vary. Hope this helps and any other questions, do not hesitate to ask.
    All of that sounds great. I have looked at a few reviews for the MVP 3.0 and love that it comes in pink :thumbs: Would that be a good one to get?

Reactions: niczgreat
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread