Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
One other bit of advice. Almost all those "Best of..." threads are advertorials, not real ratings by vapers. Best coming here and asking advice, it's far more likely to be useful. It's not uncommon to find mediocre and even terrible devices on those "Best of" lists you'll pull up on Google.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
imo easiest rda i've ever built is the profile, i swear to god there's no way to screw it up unless you're 100% stupid.
Flavor wise i'd say that's subjective even though i love what the profile produces and flavor switching is a breeze in almost any rda i'd say after a few drips on a dryer (not dried up) cotton.

No idea about prices for mesh, and the profile takes a big chunk of cotton.

Tazling

Jun 4, 2019
Thank you so much! Glad to help. Didn't know if I was way off base and wasting your time. Please let me know if you like the unique device. Only drawback (from reviews) is it has "loose" air draw but you could easily partly cover the inlet hole (or even use your finger between vaping draws to keep the wick saturated (it's called "primer puffs) Have a great day.

I just tried the "Magic Atopack" device you recommended (it came in the mail while I was away, just got back); it seems to be just the ticket! Took me a while to figure out the "trapdoor" -- the manual really doesn't offer a clue -- to get at the cotton. A YT video helped :)

I tried just soaking the wick as you suggested instead of filling the tank, and it worked great. Saturated it, waited a few minutes for it to percolate all the way through, and Presto, I can take about 5 or 6 puffs of the flavour. Then remove the (turning brown!) wick and put in a new one. A little fiddly and I wonder about the longevity of the silicon sealer, but replacement heads are so reasonably priced. I like the little label on the tank for identifying different juices, too. I could see using that.

The flavour is so much better with this device than with any other I have tried so far. It seems to work well with the 80 pct vg juices I have tried so far. So now I am all set: this is definitely the device of choice for my current "taste testing" project! Reviews will follow as spare time permits :)

Tazling

Jun 4, 2019
I forgot to mention... just like any new device, prime the cotton wick before using! Prime it, fill tank, then wait 5 minutes. Also, when changing cotton wicks, be very gentle... don't press hard on flat "coil". Order a few extra pods too... they are cheap.

I tried to be very gentle swapping cottons -- it is darned fiddly trying to get the little square into the hole, while holding the trapdoor open. I found that closing the trapdoor sort of packed the wick into place properly. Practise will improve my technique I'm sure. And the pods are not so expensive that it would be a serious bummer if I do mess one up while learning :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread