Newbie.... Wana find out more about juices and maintaining

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pisces82

Verified Member
Sep 23, 2015
Hi guys.. Am a newbie here.
Been vaping for quite awhile but only recently I found out about this forum.
I have lots to ask like especially about juices and maintaining.
Firstly, anyone kind enough to tell me which kinda juices are suitable for me. I used to be a heavy smoker. I smoke like 17 sticks of ciggies a day saving the other 3 for the next morning. Haha
Once I started vaping, I smoke like 5 sticks ONLY a day. (Wow)
Does it matters on which juices I use? Cos I know there are stronger ones and mild ones. Well, how am I suppose to know what's strong and what's not?
A friend introduced vaping to me and I got mine the very next day! But I can't just get all the info I need from him alone so here I am.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum @Pisces82. Glad to have you here!:)
Does it matters on which juices I use? Cos I know there are stronger ones and mild ones. Well, how am I suppose to know what's strong and what's not?
Are you asking about nicotine strength? If so, see below.

Nicotine

A "general guideline" for nicotine concentration in e-liquid to the number of cigarettes smoked per day. If you are subohming (resistance under 1.0Ω) cut these nicotine levels by at least 50% (or vape less).

06 mg = 10 cigarettes or less
12 mg = 20 cigarettes
18 mg = 30 cigarettes
24 mg = 40 cigarettes

eLiquid/Juice

PG = Propylene Glycol - the "flavor carrier" of e-liquid. A secondary source of "throat hit", but not as strong as the nicotine concentration. Some people have a sensitivity or even an allergy to PG. It's very thin.

VG = Vegetable Glycerin - the "vapor maker" of e-liquid. Used as a sweeter in many food sources, and also as a skin emollient. It's very thick. Often labeled just "Glycerine"

PG and VG are often used together in different ratios in e-liquid. For example, a 50/50 PG/VG ratio. Some juice vendors offer a range of different ratios as far as PG/VG.

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
Hello and Welcome Pisces82
Just found out about this site ,, did you just get connected to the internet ? :)

You just try juices and go with the ones you like.
You will get to know the nic level that suits you.

Resident Newbie welcomer and helper @Susan~S is always helpful.

The nic level for you may also change if you start to use different atomisers but that probably down the road at this stage.

Reactions: Susan~S

Pisces82

Verified Member
Sep 23, 2015
Hello and Welcome Pisces82
Just found out about this site ,, did you just get connected to the internet ? :)

Resident Newbie welcomer @Susan~S is always helpful.

The nic level for you may also change if you start to use different atomisers but that probably down the road at this stage.
Hi Susan. Thanks for the Info.
Is It possible u can tell me more about ohm and watt too? The first time i got my starter kit i was advise to go 17max on my watt. Aft only one day used my mod stop working. My friend came and changed the coil for me and from then on my watt was set at 25. My friend cld not give proper explaination himself but told me the ohm and the watt is just right.
Honestly ive been vaping for few mths only. And still trying to learn more abt this stuff. And i hate numbers cos im slow in numbers so its a bit hard to make myself understand the info readings people gave me. If u can be more specific is best. Like dummy teaching? Hahaha. Thanks:)

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Ohms refer to the resistance of the coil in your atomizer.

Watts is the power level you are vaping at. The higher this is set at the more heat will be created by the coil and the more vapor will be created per second. If you set this too high you will get a hot vape and you can burn (degrade) your juice. You'll know if that happens because of the bad taste.

You really don't need to worry about coil resistance as long as you are in a acceptable range which is fairly wide, because you set the watts and the device will keep the watts you set. This is not the case with variable voltage or mechanical devices. With these a change in resistance changes the watts.

Pisces82

Verified Member
Sep 23, 2015
Thanks Ryedan. That's really helpful.
Ohms refer to the resistance of the coil in your atomizer.

Watts is the power level you are vaping at. The higher this is set at the more heat will be created by the coil and the more vapor will be created per second. If you set this too high you will get a hot vape and you can burn (degrade) your juice. You'll know if that happens because of the bad taste.

You really don't need to worry about coil resistance as long as you are in a acceptable range which is fairly wide, because you set the watts and the device will keep the watts you set. This is not the case with variable voltage or mechanical devices. With these a change in resistance changes the watts.

Reactions: Ryedan

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Hello @pisces and welcome to the forum. If you can tell us what gear (battery/mod and tank/clearomizer) you re using it would be helpful for us to give proper information as to it's settings. (for example Eleaf iStick 30 w mod and Aspire Nautilus Mini).

There are many here to help (and you've already had some of the best answer you in this thread) so don't be shy, ask any questions you might have.

Pisces82

Verified Member
Sep 23, 2015
Hello ome Pisces82

Resident Newbie welcomer and helper @Susan~S is always helpful.

I see I see. Thanks alot! Yeah now im still trying out more different juices. Anyway mine is starterkit by kangertech. Is there any different from those that cost higher i saw? Is it better for me to upgrade??

Pisces82

Verified Member
Sep 23, 2015
Hello @pisces and welcome to the forum. If you can tell us what gear (battery/mod and tank/clearomizer) you re using it would be helpful for us to give proper information as to it's settings. (for example Eleaf iStick 30 w mod and Aspire Nautilus Mini).

There are many here to help (and you've already had some of the best answer you in this thread) so don't be shy, ask any questions you might have.
Thanks. Im using kangertech starter kit they call it. Hahaha.. I'm so so very tempted to get a better one u know.

Pisces82

Verified Member
Sep 23, 2015

Thanks u guys here are really friendly and helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread