Newbie wants to Upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnandChiefsMommy

Dec 22, 2010
Ky
I got an njoy Npro 2 years ago. I love the idea but it just doesn't cut it. Recently I decided I hate that I smoke, but I love it. I think I need a larger ecig (I'm a heavy smoker) with a higher nicotine content. I was looking at the Tallon tank System Starter Kit at Revolver, looked around and realized it looks like the Joye EGO C? Absolutely not positive I got that totally right. If anyone has advice or warning, better suggestions, I would love to hear!

SeanMoore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2013
United States
I started with an eGo-T. It's ok, nothing to write home about. I did not have leaking issues. I quit using it because the heads are expensive compared to a Kanger T3 or Vision VIVI nova head. The nova heads interchange between the mini and the full.

Note, these are clearomizers and certain juices will haze and even crack the plastic. That makes me nervous.

This is a basic kit:

2 eGo Batteries
1 eGo charger+wall wart
2 clearo/carto/tankomizer

I personally like the SMOK eGo Mega Shorty cartomizers. They hold a bunch of juice, they last a good while and they are pretty discreet on an eGo battery. Just be sure they are full before you hit them the first time or you can ruin them.

Unfortunately I can't tell you what's going to work for you, you're going to have to try some stuff.

Leatherneck

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2013
Oregon
I got an NJoy Npro 2 years ago. I love the idea but it just doesn't cut it. Recently I decided I hate that I smoke, but I love it. I think I need a larger ecig (I'm a heavy smoker) with a higher nicotine content. I was looking at the Tallon Tank System Starter Kit at Revolver, looked around and realized it looks like the Joye EGO C? Absolutely not positive I got that totally right. If anyone has advice or warning, better suggestions, I would love to hear!

I bought a superior Ego set from Apollo and their VV/Pass-thru plus a couple of extra liquids.

I am absolutely pleased with my purchase.

If you want to try out an ego, Vapedojo the a starter kit for $13 - (Katana Kit). Comes with a ego 650mAh and ce4 clearo with charger included.

If your looking for something more, I would suggest the Vision Spinner VV 1300mAh - its Variable Voltage 3.3 - 4.8 or Ego Twist with a Vivi Nova or Mini Vivi Nova or you can get both, both the spinner vv/twist/ego use the 510 thread.

Spinner VV goes for $24.99 (I got mine from hoosierecig.com) and vivi nova tank at gotvapes, the mini is going for $9.45 and nova is 12:95 atm (they have the latest tanks that don't leech or crack from juice) -((GotVapes Vision Mini ViVi Nova™ 2.5ml 2.4ohm [gv-MiniViViNova510-2.4ohm] - $9.45 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more ))(( GotVapes VISION ViVi NOVA™ 3.5ml V2.5 REBUILDABLE TANK [gv-VIVINOVA-TANKV2.5] - $12.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more))

Typically juices with high acid levels crack tanks like Citrus - strawberry, lemonade, etc and cinnamons. link above will help.

Last edited:

JohnandChiefsMommy

Dec 22, 2010
Ky
If you want to try out an ego, Vapedojo the a starter kit for $13 - (Katana Kit). Comes with a ego 650mAh and ce4 clearo with charger included.

If your looking for something more, I would suggest the Vision Spinner VV 1300mAh - its Variable Voltage 3.3 - 4.8 or Ego Twist with a Vivi Nova or Mini Vivi Nova or you can get both, both the spinner vv/twist/ego use the 510 thread.

Spinner VV goes for $24.99 (I got mine from hoosierecig.com) and vivi nova tank at gotvapes, the mini is going for $9.45 and nova is 12:95 atm (they have the latest tanks that don't leech or crack from juice) -((GotVapes Vision Mini ViVi Nova™ 2.5ml 2.4ohm [gv-MiniViViNova510-2.4ohm] - $9.45 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more ))(( GotVapes VISION ViVi NOVA™ 3.5ml V2.5 REBUILDABLE TANK [gv-VIVINOVA-TANKV2.5] - $12.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more))

Typically juices with high acid levels crack tanks like Citrus - strawberry, lemonade, etc and cinnamons. link above will help.

Ok so if I got the Spinner battery, the vivi nova mini, ego charger, and juice, that's all I would need?

Yup thats all you would need to get started. Make sure you get a nothing lower than a 400mAh charger. The nice thing about the vivi nova tanks is they are fully rebuildable whereas the CE4 clearos are disposable after 3 - 4 weeks. The Vivi Nova comes with two extra atomizer heads (1.8, 2.4, and 2.8 typically). I would suggest getting an extra cheap ego battery as backup, the mini's are nice, like the ego 350 and 400mAh batteries.

As far as VG juice not working well with the tanks as tpassage said. I vape 100% VG in my novas all day long without a problem, I have noticed that some of the CE style tanks sometimes don't soak up the thicker juice as well. If you decide to go with a high VG juice, just be sure to give it a couple of minutes after filling up so the wicks can absorb the juice. One method to speed it up is to angle the tank to the side and slowly spin the tank to help the wicks absorb the juice.

If you decide to get the spinner, start at 3.3 and slowly turn it up and you find your sweet spot. Also, so your not burning your heads out.

If you have any more questions just let me know

Here is my spinner, I get a day and a half of heavy vaping on it before recharging. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/225727-pictures-your-setup-931.html#post8197401

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread