Newbie with muscle cramps

Status
Not open for further replies.

redcat1948

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
Eugene OR
I have been experiencing muscle cramps since I started e-cigs about 3 weeks ago. For me, they are at my lower back kidney area, lower rib cage, & sore shoulders and neck. If you're experiencing this too there is an excellent thread located at Health Issues or use the "Search ECF with Google" box at top of page for "muscle cramps". There does seem to be a connection to E-cigs, different opinions on what exactly causes it. Since I got new RIVA and real satisfying hits, I'm vaping less and the cramps have subsided. Before I was vaping all day just to try to get a satisfying hit so probably took in way too much nicotine or PG. Even with cramps, which I can experiment with my juice to find out what's causing it, it's still safer than cigs. I have COPD and I'm confident the e-cigs will save my life because I was totally unable to quit before now. So if you have some odd symptoms, switch juices, don't give up.

Chornbro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
VA/DC/MD Area
Are you drinking lots of water??? Apparently PG dehydrates the body... if I dont drink enough water during the day, I'll wake up with a headache from dehydration. Also, drinking lots of water is really good for you... two birds, one stone : )

I've also found that now that Im getting monstrous hits, 24mg/ml nicotine is too much for me. It was my bread and butter when I used a 510...

cowfodder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2010
Michigan
I have been experiencing muscle cramps since I started e-cigs about 3 weeks ago. For me, they are at my lower back kidney area, lower rib cage, & sore shoulders and neck. If you're experiencing this too there is an excellent thread located at Health Issues or use the "Search ECF with Google" box at top of page for "muscle cramps". There does seem to be a connection to E-cigs, different opinions on what exactly causes it. Since I got new RIVA and real satisfying hits, I'm vaping less and the cramps have subsided. Before I was vaping all day just to try to get a satisfying hit so probably took in way too much nicotine or PG. Even with cramps, which I can experiment with my juice to find out what's causing it, it's still safer than cigs. I have COPD and I'm confident the e-cigs will save my life because I was totally unable to quit before now. So if you have some odd symptoms, switch juices, don't give up.

Are you drinking lots of water??? Apparently PG dehydrates the body... if I dont drink enough water during the day, I'll wake up with a headache from dehydration. Also, drinking lots of water is really good for you... two birds, one stone : )

I've also found that now that Im getting monstrous hits, 24mg/ml nicotine is too much for me. It was my bread and butter when I used a 510...

Exactly what I was thinking. Muscle cramps in the neck, shoulder and kidney area are classic signs of dehydration.

Chornbro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
VA/DC/MD Area
Exactly what I was thinking. Muscle cramps in the neck, shoulder and kidney area are classic signs of dehydration.

Drink up! Dehydration cramps/headaches are the worst. This is just a rumor that I read somewhere, but apparently someone's doctor told them that they needed to be drinking 8x8oz glasses of water per day... again, just a rumor.

redcat1948

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
Eugene OR
Thanks everybody for reminding me to drink a lot of water. I'm a real coffee addict and sip on it all day, so I forget about water until my tongue sticks to my teeth! With the price of coffee almost doubling the last 2 months it'll be easier to drag out that big water glass and use it. This forum has been wonderful but now I'm addicted to that too........

Chornbro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
VA/DC/MD Area
Also, it is good to know that PG breaks down into lactic acid.
Just another reason to drink more water to flush it out.
:)

Really?? Thats crazy! Didnt know that. For those that don't know, lactic acid is what settles into your muscles after a workout and causes you to feel sore... ; )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread