Newbie with so much bull out there I can't vape straight! HELP ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapBaby

Aug 20, 2013
St. Louis
Am I being lied to? Mislead? In the Dark?

Hi, I smoke and want to go over to ecigs and of coarse I am doing this to be healthier and therefore looking for the healthiest way to do it, seeing we have no REAL testing and no real long term outcome findings.

So, I was so excited and got an EVOD and a Esmart to boot, and was on my way to order Virgin Vapors. Well, WOW...I did so much research on the battery/tanks, etc. and just believed that I could get a 100% USA, Organic, Pure, Great Awesome juice!! Well, I need your help!

So, It seems that as of last week the ONLY USA manufacturer of Nicotine in the USA is AmeriNic, which has not even began production yet, so looks like Virgin Vapors claims of their Nicotine being 100% USA and from North Carolina is false??

Now, with Flavors I learn of this Diacetyl and am really bummed as I want the creamy yummy flavors! So, am I correct that Virgin Vapors uses Natures Flavors, whom will not stand behind their flavors being used to inhale? Am I also correct with the understanding that "ALL Organic" flavors have no way of getting the Diacetyl out of them that naturally occur, therefor possibly causing my lungs harm with no means to get them out?

If you could answer the 3 questions and give any insight or info on the subjects, I would soooo appreciate it! I have went from excited to leaving these new toys alone on a shelf:(

Thanks!!

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
VapBaby, as it states on the site "No DEG. No artificial flavorings. No artificial colorings. No artificial sweeteners. All of our flavors are USA made and third party certified organic. " About Us | Virgin Vapor | Electronic Cigarette Organic e-Liquid | Electronic Cigarettes. I have heard only good things about VV and am awaiting an order at this time. The Diacetyl that is worrisome WAS used in some popcorn flavored vapes, and some custard flavors...I do not believe any USA made juices have used any flavoring with it for quite some time.....I hope this helps some

VapBaby

Aug 20, 2013
St. Louis
Thanks for reply. Yes, I have heard good things too and was excited to purchase. However, the site clearly states that use USA nicotine from North Carolina and it has been clearly laid out that there are no USA L-Nicotine produced in this country! AmeriNic will be the first and yet to do it. So, how is this claim being made from Virgin Vapors. Also, if they use Nature's Flavors and the flavor company will not even stand behind "Inhaling" their flavors or information on Diacetyl, then what am I left to think? I heard Diacetyl is found naturally in Strawberries, banana's, apples, blueberries, etc. So there is not way of getting it out of something that naturally has it? Also, hard to consume the "Buttery" flavors (I really want) when the flavor company will not state they are Diacetyl free? I just wish juice makers had testing done. If you are not making everything from the ground up and I mean everything, then how can you claim what is in it?

Vale46

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Uk
There is hundreds if not thousands of testimonials from people who have switched from stinkies to e cigs who have said their health has improved 10 fold. Your body doesn't lie. Stinkies are bad, fact. E cigs are better for you. Fact. While not being 100% safe (so we've been told). The air you breath in a traffic jam and in major cities ain't so good either. Ever taken a lung full of deodorant by mistake? Sorry can't answer your question directly but if you've been smoking you can't be that worried about what you inhale as its proved they will damage you (real cigarettes that is). McDonalds is American made and that's not the healthiest either.

VapBaby

Aug 20, 2013
St. Louis
I have read sooooooo much and I have been left with knowledge there is NO USA Nicotine manufacture in the USA and not in North Carolina where VV states? I was set on my juice coming from here and had my basket loaded when I started to learn all this. I am concerned with the flavor issue, but can't get much detail on Virgin Vapors with respect to flavors from natures flavors or issue of it containing Diacetyl naturally. She once said on a thread of hers that she was going to have testing and get back to the people, but the thread died and didn't get response from her on subject.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Because most of the flavorings are used in food products and are only tested for digestion and not inhalation.

Heck, as vapers we're still waiting for more research as to the effects of PG and VG inhalation on the body, let alone the millions of compounds that are found in flavoring.

It is completely up to you what you inhale into your own body. I highly recommend you contact VV directly and raise your concerns there (as they are not allowed to respond to posts here in this section anyway) or maybe PM a moderator in the Virgin Vapor sub-forum.

You raise questions that I have asked myself, sometimes the only answer you may get is the straight-up choice between smoking or vaping, and you can decide if the perceived risks are worth it to you.

ephemerata

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Austin, TX, USA
I have read sooooooo much and I have been left with knowledge there is NO USA Nicotine manufacture in the USA and not in North Carolina where VV states? I was set on my juice coming from here and had my basket loaded when I started to learn all this. I am concerned with the flavor issue, but can't get much detail on Virgin Vapors with respect to flavors from natures flavors or issue of it containing Diacetyl naturally. She once said on a thread of hers that she was going to have testing and get back to the people, but the thread died and didn't get response from her on subject.

Alright, slow down, deep breath. :)

1. Where are you reading that there are no manufacturers of L-Nicotine in the United States?

2. You can e-mail VV to ask if her flavors are diacetyl free and ask her how her nicotine is derived and where she purchased it.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Maybe the thing to look at closely is the " USA L-Nicotine " Now I dont know if there are different grades of nicotine, im sure there is, so this company AmeriNic could just be stating that their particular "type" of nicotine is only made/produced by them.

Many companies can and do many times word things in a way that is redundant or misleading so that it sounds good in their favor. I will do a search for different types of Nicotine. Nicotine usually is derived from certain types of Tobacco plants. There are many, many types of tobacco and classes or quality of plants.

Nicotine is found in other plants such as tomatoes and other fruits and vegetables.

THis is probably just another "sugar" controversy. Sugar is derived from the Sugar Cane and beets as well as corn. All of these are chemically "sugar" or sucrose but we have all heard that some people say Corn syrup or high fructose is bad. They are the same chemically but have differences in the way the chemical building blocks are stacked. ( I probably just winged this, but I think you get the idea)

PS. , my gosh darn GOOGLE search is all FUBAR., keep redirecting to a " bad site " ........ again. DOesn anyone else ever have this happen?:)

Last edited:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Im thinking that we might be getting "trolled" and if not , then the OP should open a lawsuit to challenge all the hundreds of USA made ejuices and claim they are all lying.

Sorry, could not resist, cause he/she is really insisting that we are all wrong and if not then many of the Juice houses , not just Virgin vapors falsely advertising.

cmdebrecht

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
Make sure the information you are getting is from a reliability source. There are plenty of anti vaping "news" reports out there that are based on nothing but fear mongering, let alone fact.

Lots of information in the e-liquid forum, try searching for diacetyl or organic there.

If you do not trust information you read on a vendor's website, shop around. There are many, many to choose from.

Countless people whose stories are shared here on ECF say that they feel much, much healthier since switching from smokes to vaping. Whike it may not be supported by clinical studies as of yet, should any serious health issues have occurred due to vaping, statistics will tell you that those issues would be brought up here in the forum. The only adverse reactions I have read about is the potential for a PG allergy, and vaper's tongue.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Here is just one article here on ECF regarding the D-nicotine and L-nicotine.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/nicotine/92643-l-d-nicotine.html

Again, if that company Ameri ....... claims they are the ONLY one, who actually certified this. ONe can claim that they are certified, but if they did it themselves and not a specific certification company independant of the manufacturer than how do we really know ?

Now many have called me "certifiable" but since Ive not been actually tested and certified I cant claim im crazy:)

VapBaby

Aug 20, 2013
St. Louis
I don't know what "Trolled" means? I am just a grandma trying to quite smoke cause I have a little baby grandson that I wan to be around for. I am young and want to grow older! I have just learned that there isn't any nicotine made in this country and that the flavors are from flavor houses with other intended uses that will not stand behind the No Diacetyl in the natural "organic" sense seeing there is no way to remove them. I don't know all and therefor looking for answers! I just got my Evod and have used for half a day when I learned all this and the money I spent (ugg lots) is now just sitting on table. People are mixing things and calling it their own, hence USA and it is not the fact. Not speaking of VV as I can't say and therefore came here for answers!

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Thanks for reply. Yes, I have heard good things too and was excited to purchase. However, the site clearly states that use USA nicotine from North Carolina and it has been clearly laid out that there are no USA L-Nicotine produced in this country! AmeriNic will be the first and yet to do it. So, how is this claim being made from Virgin Vapors. Also, if they use Nature's Flavors and the flavor company will not even stand behind "Inhaling" their flavors or information on Diacetyl, then what am I left to think? I heard Diacetyl is found naturally in Strawberries, banana's, apples, blueberries, etc. So there is not way of getting it out of something that naturally has it? Also, hard to consume the "Buttery" flavors (I really want) when the flavor company will not state they are Diacetyl free? I just wish juice makers had testing done. If you are not making everything from the ground up and I mean everything, then how can you claim what is in it?
You can't eliminate all risks only reduce them, are you going to stop eating fruits and veggies because of their natural content? You can switch to organic and reduce your risk from pesticide I think the same analogy applies to smoking and vaping you can reduce your risk but you can't eliminate them.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
The Diacetyl that is worrisome WAS used in some popcorn flavored vapes, and some custard flavors...I do not believe any USA made juices have used any flavoring with it for quite some time.....

100% false.

Many Organic flavorings, unlike those made in a lab, have naturally occuring diacetyls and other things. Nature's Flavors flavoring in particular. Many of the creamy, vanilla, malty, ice creamy milkshakey ones.

Vendors can claim no diactetyls because they aren't ADDING any to their product, but that doesn't mean there aren't any.

The only way to ensure not having that stuff is to create synthetic flavor to create those creamy buttery ones in a lab. Thus, not oganic or natural

What you should do if you are concerned about any product is frame a set of questions that you have, and present them in an email or PM to the vendor you wish to purchase from. Be specific in how you ask your questions, and if you are not satisfied with the answers then order elsewhere.

That's what I do. :) I do not know what flavoring this vendor uses, so you may want to ask.

If you want to vape 'more' safely, then vape unflavored nic solution pg/vg or pg or just vg.......and then you've removed the possibility of flavoring issues

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread