Newbie with some ?s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie Wayman

Aug 28, 2009
Utah, USA
Hi everyone...

I just got my first e-cig today, a 510, from Rocky Mountain Vapor. Along with the "Gold Kit", a DIY mixing kit, from Dawn over at E-cig Smoke Store. Both were great help with super prices and awesome shipping btw :D

I am so new to this, I don't know where to begin. I have been smoking for 19 years and I'm only 30, so I started very young. Change doesn't come easy to me, but this is something I really want to change in my life.

I just need help doing it, lol!!! So how do I began vaping? I thought it looked easy on all the videos I've watched. It sounded like it was going to be easy... but I put the thing in my mouth, push my button and puff.... and that's it... puff puff puff... I do get a little bit of vap, but nothing like some of the others in vids I've seen. I also am noticing a metallic taste in my mouth now.

So then I noticed the atomizer was getting pretty hot, after only like 3-4 drags. Is it supposed to get hot like that? Hot to the touch? Someone said something about "priming" the atomizer. I put two drops of juice on it. I did that part right, right? lol... Some of you guys must think I'm a dork, but we all had to start sometime, right?

So seriously, tell me how I am sposed to make this thing work, I am totally "nickin"

TIA - Jamie​

Crankyfuzz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
I just started Friday and I too got a 510 the metallic taste does go away. I find to get a good hit on the 510 a slow deep drawl works for a few seconds works the best it takes a little getting used to but once you get it your like doh. Did you watch spikeys video on intro to vaping?

I have had one analog since I got my 510 and I do not miss them

Jamie Wayman

Aug 28, 2009
Utah, USA
Cranky, it's funny that you mentioned that video! It's loading in another browser window as we type :p Maybe I'll learn something.

BTW, what do you think of strawberry cheescake juice? That's what I made and primed my atomizer with. Topped off the Marbro 18mg carts with it too, just to make sure they were full... Smells good, wish I could taste it better though lmao!!

N/A Dave

Sep 1, 2009
MA
IF you bought the 510, MAKE SURE you charge those batteries for 8 hrs befor using them.

I have the 510 as well. They love to drink the liquid like crazy. just keep topping off when you feel it die off. As for the priming, i dont do it. i just fill the cart and be done with it.

metallic taste = lack of fluid and burning the stuff inside.

The atomizer should get hot (means its working) but you dont want it to get too too hot, if it does just chill and let it cool for a bit. smoking regular cigs and an ecig are totally different things. take easy drags, not so hard. i learned how to get great vapor by taking long slow drags. thats the best i can say. dont give up and keep playing with it. make sure you hold the button the whole time haha, not sounding like a jerk, just making sure you know? ask away, theres hundreds that will help you.

Crankyfuzz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Cranky, it's funny that you mentioned that video! It's loading in another browser window as we type :p Maybe I'll learn something.

BTW, what do you think of strawberry cheescake juice? That's what I made and primed my atomizer with. Topped off the Marbro 18mg carts with it too, just to make sure they were full... Smells good, wish I could taste it better though lmao!!

I have not tried any of the flavors yet.....I was a menthol smoker and hubby was a Marlboro smoker so we started with those juices to begin with just to make the transition easier. So far it is working great the taste buds do start to come back I have noticed a difference after 20 some years as a smoker in less then a week.

flavapor

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
orlando fl
:evil:
Also, just wondering if anyone else has ever had problems with their PCCs? The one I got from RMV for my 510 seems to be having issues. The top red light comes on, goes off, comes on, blinks a little, goes off... Doesn't seem to have any steady light happenings here... Maybe it's just me :confused:

Try to put a small piece of felt where the battery would touch the lid, sounds like the contact is not good, worked for my hubby

me5647

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2009
Western PA
Just keep playin with it and reading stuff on here you'll get it. I had some troubles my first couple days but after a week its just natural. The funny taste is the primer? they put on the 510 attys, it goes away pretty quick.

Def try the piramid tea bag cart filler mod. Search for "The only way PTB works..." (with quotes) Like they should come with that stuff as cart filler.

madman3237

ECF Veteran
May 20, 2009
Laurel, DE USA

If you are not getting good vapor on a 510, either your battery is low or you have flooded the atomizer (or have a bad one). By priming the atomizer AND topping off a prefilled cart, you probably flooded the atomizer. Solution, blow gently into the mouthpiece. Some liquid will come out of grooves between atomizer and battery. Try another draw. If still weak, keep blowing. You may have to try fresh battery also.

Jamie Wayman

Aug 28, 2009
Utah, USA
I did do the blowing thing. Not sure if that was causing a problem. It's been a while since I first made my post and I have been puffing on it a bit. I think I'm starting to get rid of the primer stuff now. Still not getting alot of vapor, but I think it's slowly getting there ;)

Thank you guys for all your advice. If you have anymore, let me know.

Also, does anyone know how I can look for a Utah group on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread