• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Newbies Q&A Thread. [PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2008
Rot & Ruin
We are starting a new thread for newbies as the old one had stale information.

To ease the new members, I'll be starting this thread with an FAQ. If you think anything should be added, feel free to lemme know.

Our location will not be stated explicitly. It will hereby be known as "local" or "here".

Getting Started
Helpful Guidelines for Local Vapers, Newbie to Veteran | E-Cigarette Forum

Where do I get PVs or Juices here?
PVs and nicotine juices are illegal here. Anyone caught supplying them will face a fine of up to $5000.
No one is going to tell any tom, dlck or harry that walks into this forum such information.
Bear in mind that the authorities are watching. We are not being paranoid. They are watching.

So how do I get those information I need?
You can try the old threads, but chances are, those stores are all closed.
Now get yourself verified on ECF.
Click this :

How To Become A Verified Member | E-Cigarette Forum
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/how-to-become-a-verified-member.283955/
Be active in the forums.
Let the veterans be sure that you are who you say you are. If any of them trusts you, they will give you the information you need.
Do not PM the veterans constantly, that will only cause you to be added to their ignore list.
And frankly speaking, there are no local stores right now. Zero. Nada. Nil.

Should I get them from across the border?
It is illegal to import any PV or juices. Do so at your own risk.

What about other countries?
It's best for you to check with any foreign suppliers if they are willing to ship here and what precautions do they take to ensure a successful delivery. Bear in mind that there are numerous members who got their package confiscated by the customs. Everything is at your own risk.Do not share any shipping information or precautions taken publicly.

So what the hell is this subforum for?
It's for us to talk about vaping as a local community. Not a place for you to get supplies.
I understand that many of you are new to the vaping scene and have no idea how sensitive the issue is. So I'm giving you an example.

Importing and sale of PVs and Juices. $5000 fine.
Vaping in Public. $500 fine.
Unlicensed importation of nicotine may land you with a $10000 fine under the Poisons Act.
More than 7 local suppliers have shutted down over the past 4 weeks. Some by the authorities, some for precaution.

This is how sensitive everything is around here. I seek your understanding and hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

I'm visiting the country soon, is it safe for me to bring my PV?

Under the current legislation, e-cigarettes are prohibited under Tobacco (Control of Advertisements and Sale) Act. Any "sales, distribution and importation" will result in a fine of up to S$5000 upon conviction and S$10000 for subsequent convictions. Usually the Custom Officers will warn you of it and you may have to throw your PV away.

To avoid having to throw away your funky PVs at the Customs, bring a cheapo set, pray for the best and plan for the worst.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Zyman

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island
Guys, we all warmly welcome you. And it's not that we're not willing to share with you how to get kit. The powers that be monitor all the channels so we've all got to be somewhat "tactical".
Forum also has rules about soliciting and sourcing; several thread have been closed because newbies just posted in here for that and one guy even left his mobile number.
Furthermore, while I've shared threads on personal and anecdotal experience carrying gear through the points of entry, I draw the line at "giving advice" on how to do it. We don't want to be complicit to smuggling.
Anyway, we've all gone through this rite of passage and managed find our own gear. And welcome. Hope to see you guys at a GTG soon.

Sent from the road using Tapatalk.

Snoogans

Verified Member
Jul 21, 2016
Hi to all the new comers here (I'm myself still a newbie) and I do feel your pain in getting started....

But with a bit of luck and Googlefu you will find what you are looking for I Guess :)

Good luck and be safe.

I would second what Chemical Bromance wrote above. I initially came here for advice, not to find channels for procurement. For that, I had to google and google, and google some more before I found what I needed. It's not easy nor should it considering the circumstances. If you keep at it, you will find what you're looking for but it may not come easily. Just my 2 cents worth. I had a single focused goal of quitting cigarettes. After 25 years of smoking I had enough. I woke up one morning and realized I wanted to be around to see my kid grow up. That was the main motivating factor. With the right motivation and dedication to task, you will find what you're looking for. Good luck and good hunting.

Retcon-Rocket

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
VY Canis Majoris
Sorry, didn't realized that this was an infringement as well.
Nah, in my experience a question like the one you asked will snow ball, it starts with that and though you might not be the one to follow up with more questions regarding purchases other members (newer ones) might see it as a green light to ask stuff like "is ABC store on 123 street safe to buy from and bring stuff in"..

Sure you were just wondering whether the government will come after you, simple question with a very simple answer - we don't know.. A new rule might have already been set and instead of sending letters, officers can come and bang your door down etc you never know my friend.. Vaping is illegal and not allowed here.. We have to take every caution possible..

It's just nipping the bud before it blooms lah, I hope you understand what I'm getting at, no ill intent towards you whatsoever..

Happy and safe vaping..

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

vapewreck

Mar 24, 2016
9356c98323945c600738cf4c1402be9e.jpg

Woohoowoohoo

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2016
Hi everybody, I have been researching online for many days and can't find any clues. Don't want to buy online as there's a high chance of been confiscated. Don't want to cross the water as there's a high chance of being caught. Finally decided to join ECF today, hoping to get some advise from the veterans. Many thanks!
I can honestly tell you, no one will spoon feed you the info. I started off like you, clueless, did my own research and sourcing, it's not that hard really.

G A N D A L F

Feb 28, 2013
Singapore
Great info! I hope things will get better round here for vapers. lifting the ecig ban [*edited] will always be in my prayers. [*edited] im sure it will be worth owning. Also still looking forward to attend and experience [*edited] grand vape expo. For the authorities who's lurking all I can say to you is, WAKE UP and realize that vaping is good and can also help [*edited] economy morethan the killer tobbaco can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: terter

Jovinho

Verified Member
Nov 4, 2013
Stinkapore
Good morning to all~~
I forgot to introduce myself in this forum:p Still awaiting verification from the bosses here. Been vaping for 3 weeks now, used to smoke 2 packs of marlboro reds per day and cut down to less than 5 sticks per day! I'm proud of it and I enjoy vaping alot. Currently playing around with an Joyetech eVic with pro tanks 2, evod, ce4/5, vivi nova but sadly to say only Liqua juices(everyday do mix-n-match rojak juices). I've been quite on my own searching for sources to aid my vaping journey and definitely looking forward to gaining much more experience and tips from all brothers here!

Reactions: KD1674

Syn007

Ashes to Ashless
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2011
GreenEarth
Hi, any updates with the rules and regulations?

Rules are generally the same except that discussions on legal issues are allowed now. Direct names of authority/ organizations are ok too if you are not afraid of google listing your post & nickname on the its search results (when a random person search on a specific organization).

Sourcing of supplies, naming of local suppliers and discussions on shipping methods are strictly not allowed. Members will share with you in pm if they wanted to. The reason is to make this subforum 'uninteresting' to the authority and to sieve out the fake (spying) members.

Not all are fake but try not to share any sensitive info if you are unsure of a person's intention.

smokyribs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2014
California
@Jonayk I'm probably not in the best position to recommend since I just started out myself but I've been reading a lot and followed ECF for a while.

Got a couple of friends who Vape as well and it seems that the Subox mini kit is a good starting point.

If u hunt hard enough, they can be had for around $80. Juice will be another $10~$30 depending on what you get.

Reactions: Godgivemevape
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread