**Newbies - the importance of the 'primer puff'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
You'll see this in most youtube reviews.

I noticed at first my ego-c either sometimes didn;t give enough vapor off of one draw unless I stove-piped it (where you take one draw and exhale through your nose while taking another draw all from the same button press.)

Well the primer puff makes all the difference.

All you do is this -

When you push down the button, take a short puff to allow a tiny bit of vapor to be emitted, and then either hold it in or let it out your nose or side of mouth and then WITH THE BUTTON STILL ENGAGED - take a full draw.

The draw after the primer puff will be much better than without and the clouds and th will be much better. And it's healthier for your atty than stove-piping.

The primer puff - give it a shot.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
then keep drawing for a few seconds after releasing the button, I wonder if it gives the same effect?

There are mixed opinion on this. Note I only have experience with ego-t and ego-c

One is that drawing without the button pressed flood an atty, though I think flooding an ego-t / ego-c atty is pretty hard to do and wouldn't do much bad.

Second opinion I've had from Ovale and Janty brick and mortar store reps is to keep the button pressed for a few seconds after your draw the pv is out of your mouth as it stops condensation builiding up in the atty cup, wick and cone.

Personally I can see the merit of the second option for runny PG juices but NOT for VG or VG/PG juices, especially dark ones as I imagine it burning the VG to the coil and making that nasty 'burn taste.'

Personally I do as outlined in above posts and take my finger off the button after drawing, but making sure I inhale every last whisp of vapor so the cone doesn't get condensation build up, If you taKe a draw and then pop out your tank you'll see a lot of vapor in the cone chamber.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Or you could get into SLR vaping and have a thick, rich, flavorful hit off a single puff, and a shorter puff at that ;)

One of the many reasons SLR is catching on, no primer puffs required.

SLR being....? Did a quick search and didn't find anything much other than the mention of it in RDA threads and I'm not even sure what an RDA is!

I'm pretty certain I'm sticking with my ego-c and tank set up though, it just works for me and i kinda want to keep it simple, I like the fact I haven't ordered a thing for 3 weeks now and am still using the same 3 cheap ego-c attys through simple regular weekly cleaning.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Another tip for ego-t / ego-c users that still use the 1.1ml tanks.

If you want a 99.9% close to dripping experience - use a pin to remove the two pieces at the top of the mouth tip. This works especially well for thick juices.

Janty do not reccomend it as they say it messes with the pressure and leads to condensation build up.

All I can say is I do it and it ROCKS the flavor is intense and the vapor like 30% more.

As for condensation, just make sure you clear all the vape with a light draw not touching the mouthpiece after you've let go of the button!

Wouldn't do this with sweet juices though, it's like sucking on sugar, but is amazing for tobaccos and menthols and any juices you're getting too tight a draw with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread