Newby to this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim A

Jun 19, 2019
Been using ecig in various forms after smoking coffin nails for about 50 years, for about 3 years now.
Started with cig a likes, moved on to pen type then moved onto box mods.
Used all sort of tanks ohm and sub-ohm until buying a True MTL tank and liking it so much more that sub-ohm that decided to buy three more.
One of these was the GeekVape Ammitt MTL which despite assurance of being genuine turned out to be a GB clone. Despite this (and having eventually getting it free) I have loved this tank for about 6 months.
Put a new coil in this week and reassembled it only to find I have no air flow. Stripped the tank and cannot find any blockage so started to look for articles on the subject and came across your forum.
Have read that some members have hit the tunnel with a hammer, before I end up doing any more damage can anyone please expand on their method.

FlyerTom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nor'Eastern PA
mjHJuAF.png

Reactions: stols001

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Hello @Jim A, I haven't heard of this issue before with the Ammit MTL. The Zeus X though I've heard had an issue with leaking on some batches, that required the hammer fix and a bit of gentle persuasion.

I assume that the airflow adjustment at the top of the tank is open? Sorry for asking, have to be sure.

If that's okay, unscrew the screw that makes up the centre of the 510 pin and remove the centre of the build deck and give everything a good clean. Use some wire to clean the airflow channels and give it a good scrub with a toothbrush and toothpaste.

If you've got access to a Ultrasonic cleaner, you could put it in there for an hour otherwise.

Hopefully these ideas may sort it.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Welcome to the friendly bunch :)

I have the Ammit RDA but I assume that you're talking about the Ammit RTA version. Only advice I can give is to take it all apart (and I mean all) and then put it back together after a clean so that you know that everything is aligning as it should.

Sorry I can't help more just not an RTA expert :)

Reactions: stols001

Jim A

Jun 19, 2019
Thanks for answering.
With some trepidation I took the advice of a member a hit it with a hammer!
Put the filler cap on turned it over and tapped the chimney twice with my nylon hammer, hay it works fine now. Only thing wrong now is that being Gearbest ' quality ' clone the engineering is not the best, I have to take the cap off to get a good grip to adjust the air flow.
Set it up with the new coil KA1 26g 8 wraps at 1.12 set at 17w and using a 60/40 diy mix of Flavour Hub Blueberry Fanta.
Peace has returned to my household.

Unfortunatly can't find the post with the original suggestion to say thank you.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
@Jim A, if you're in the market for another good MTL RTA. Have a look at Exvape Expromizer V4, it's another top airflow option that @Shawn Hoefer has reviewed and rates pretty highly.

eXpromizer

Had to grab myself a couple to look at, and can confirm they're a true MTL atomiser. As they have a very tight airflow, even more than the Ammit MTL. Also the build deck is a decent classic design, a little similar to the rather expensive Svoemestro Prime.

But glad to hear that you've got things working again, never heard of the hammer fix though with the Ammit MTL. You learn something new everyday.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread