Newer to vaping - need help with Sigelei 75w TC and Artic tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

bepleyva

Oct 5, 2015
Greetings,

I have a Sigelei 75w TC unit and the tank my local vape shop recommended was the Horizon Tech Arctic with nickel coils for temp control. Well I'm having a very rough time with harsh throat hit. I've tried every setting under the sun. It was recommended to use at 450 degress at 40 watts. I've turned it down to 22 watts and still having throat hit.

I'm using 70VG/30PG 6mg nic juice. I came from using an evic-vt with the same juice working perfectly so I know it's not the juice.

Is there a setting someone could recommend? Or is it just that the tank is not the right fit for me?

Kinda lost on where to go from here so any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Hi @bepleyva and welcome to the forum. I don't know what tank you were using on the Evic, nor it's coils ohms. If you have taken a sizable drop in ohms then the issue is probably too much nicotine in the juice. Other than that "possible" issue all I can do is bump for an answer. It would help the next person if you listed what the coil size was in both the old and new tanks.

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
i have a pair of arctics, but have not used the nickel coils - kanthal coils work amazingly well in it, only real drawback is small tank capacity and it drinks some juice in wattage mode... is it possible mod is mis-reading resistance? only nickel coils i know of for arctic are a .2 ohm coil, but not sure that would make a major difference in throat hit, especially if you are using same juice as you were on evic

bepleyva

Oct 5, 2015
i have a pair of arctics, but have not used the nickel coils - kanthal coils work amazingly well in it, only real drawback is small tank capacity and it drinks some juice in wattage mode... is it possible mod is mis-reading resistance? only nickel coils i know of for arctic are a .2 ohm coil, but not sure that would make a major difference in throat hit, especially if you are using same juice as you were on evic

The mod shows .29 ohm.....but I'm not sure how to adjust that.

Are you saying I should use the BTC .5ohm coil with it rated for 20W-40W???

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
not necessarily, if TC is what you are after... but i have had good experiences on the arctic with the .2 ohm and the .5 ohm kanthal coils - not sure why the ni200 coil would not be acting right... I have the sig's big brother (150w TC box) and it has been pretty well behaved in both wattage and tc modes, though the only tc tank/ coil setup i have used on it was the freemax starre pro with a ni200 coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread