The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Newish member. Current 21st Century user looking for some advice

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by DKS-1, Jan 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. DKS-1

DKS-1 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 7, 2011
    VA/NC and NLV Land
    Hey guys!!! I've got a lot of good info and found some awesome liquid vendors from this site, and for that I thank you all.

I currently use a 21st Century Cig

38-101R.jpg

One of these kits that you get from gas stations not one of the other overpriced "21st Century" kits from the other company with the same name.

Anyway, I've used my kit for a long time and I vape like a freight train. When I first bought it I had the atomizer and it sucked. But once I bought some of their cartomizers I loved it. I boil them and fill them with my own juice. Problem is that these kits will not accept any of the normal threads, so I can only use the cartomizers from 21st century. They do no sell any blanks and they are $8 for 3 of them and I don't like the pre-filled flavor.

I want something like the Joye 510 and was thinking about ordering one so it's easy to get 510 blanks, etc. And I still have the reg cig size device, which is important to me.

But, in doing research on here I hear that most of the standard sized 510 batteries don't last long at all. Hell, I'm getting a full day out of one of my little cheap gas station batteries and I've had the same batteries for a very long time. I've never hit a 510 with a cartomizer, but my 21st Century with a cartomizer blows my friends 510 with an atomizer out of the water. I get a super TH and lots of Vape out of my 21st century.

I really want a cool looking black cig like the Joye 510 and the ability to buy blank cartomizers, etc. But I'm worried about buying something that is more expensive and having something that isn't as good a quality of a device as what I have.

Like I say, I can easly smoke my 21st century all day on one battery and I get hits so big sometimes it hurts my throat, lol

Any input is welcomed. :2cool:

2. brandontrjn

brandontrjn Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 16, 2011
    Tampa!
    If you want 510 style you'll definitely have more options for compatibility down the road. I use and recommend the 510 starter kit here. It's reasonably priced (with a discount code). 510 style "slim" ecigs will have a slightly shorter battery life, but you'll be able to get a larger bat later that fits the cartos.

The kit I mentioned comes with a PCC (charge case) so you can charge 1 and use the other.

TH with the above brand is moderate, not low and not burn your throat extreme haha.

I've used 808 style as well in the past, the only advantage of that threading is a slightly longer battery life.

3. tigerlily

tigerlily Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 6, 2010
    Oklahoma
    I definitely agree with the advice above. The 510 style is definitely the way to go, although I would probably recommend you going with an eGo due to the longer battery life. The nice thing about 510 is that is the connection used by many pvs which means you are not locked into buying from a particular company.

4. Pepsifreak

Pepsifreak Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 2, 2011
    A, A
    Some gas stations (at least around my area, namely Sheetz stores) are now selling cig2go which I believe is a blu cig rip off. The cartos are cheap but it uses a 510 threading so you have more options to upgrade. The batt life is similar to the 21st century that you have (I also started with that same model). My first 510 I bought after the 21st was a slimline, batt life was about 2 hours. Just a thought if your really wanting to stick to the slimline size and not go with a PCC. Just keep in mind since a blu cig rip off the batt polarity is reversed so a normal 510 charger will fry the batt.

5. DKS-1

Dec 7, 2011
    VA/NC and NLV Land
    Thanks for the input guys! I'll check out the kits Brandon linked and do some more shopping around. It really ticks me off that the 21st century models are not able to use any other carts. That's the only problem I've found with them.

I can't believe that the 21st century stuff doesn't get talked about more on this site. I see more people using that brand than anything around here, and we all have the same problem, lol The local gas stations can't even keep the cartomizers in stock anymore. They sell out in a day or two every time they get them in.

6. dandelionwings

dandelionwings Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2011
    Lexington, KY
    your area offers more of the 21st century than mine does and only the prefilled [which i've used a lot and omg, it tastes awful--but i'm smoke free] my first upgrade from the gas stations is the t-rex and i love it. the battery lasts all day and i'm really pleased with it. :D

btw, i never thought the century 21 batteries lasted very well--i had 2-3 of them that i would take to work and always keep one charging to ensure that i always had one---thank goodness, i'm not having that prob anymore. [same battery issues with the njoy, too]

7. DKS-1

Dec 7, 2011
    VA/NC and NLV Land
    Maybe I just don't smoke as much as I think I do, lol I have 3 batteries. I smoke one all day and carry a spare with me. The other one is charging while I'm at work. When I get home I usually switch out the one I'm using with the one I'm charging and go to bed. I've had to use my spare maybe 3 times ever in a normal day. Now on a weekend when I'm partying, I'm going to go through 2 batteries no problem.

I really don't want to go with anything that isn't cigarette sized and I want something that I can get in black. So, I'm thinking I'm going to go with the Joye 510 and just give it a try.

Now, with this kit, should I be ok with the LR cartomizers like these??
    Blank Xpress 510 LR Carto (1.8 ohm)

Or do I need to stick with the regular cartomizers with these batteries?

What are your thought on these instead??
    http://www.litecigusa.net/510_Black_BOGE_Blank_Cartomizers_p/510blkbogesoftcartosb.htm

8. dormouse

dormouse ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 31, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    "Joye 510" is a little slim model and probably no bigger than what you have.

Ego is the fat-battery joye 510-threaded model. Riva 510 and Kgo are popular clones. I think Kgo and the Riva 510 kits at Liberty-Flights.com are 3.7v (a bit more than Ego at 3.4v).

9. mynameisrob

mynameisrob Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 7, 2011
    PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
    You must be a very light vaper if a slim battery lasts you all day. Slim ecig batteries are generally about 180mah. 100mah equals about an hour of light to moderate vaping. Your 21st century battery is no different. So a 510 battery will give you about the same run time depending on what you get, and the 510 will allow you to use blank cartos.
    Even though the 510 will give you more options than you have now, slim ecigs are still limited and you can only use standard resistance attys and cartos. A bigger battery PV will give you a lot longer battery life and will give you alot more options, and a better vape

No you can't use LR cartos on a slim ecig. Low resistance attys and cartos are only for bigger battery PVs.
    That's what I meant when I said while youll have more options than you do now, your still pretty limited to what you can use

10. DKS-1

Dec 7, 2011
    VA/NC and NLV Land
    Actually a 510 is slimmer than a 21st century batter by quite a bit. The 21st century cigs won't even fit in a 510 case. But they still are not as big as an EGO from what I can tell. I just want whatever I get to still be the same basic size as a real cig.

So, I stumbled across some 808 kits. Is that a better choice for batter life, etc.???

Thanks again guys and sorry for all the noob questions, I just want to make the best choice and make sure I'm not wasting money on something that isn't as good as what I've already got.

Basically, I want something that is black, shaped like a cig, and has parts, carts, etc. readily available and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

I'm finding several 808 kits that fit the bill, but I don't know anything about that model.

11. DKS-1

Dec 7, 2011
    VA/NC and NLV Land
    Also, do the EGO's not look funny with a standard size 510 cartomizer since the battery is bigger around than the cart? I am checking out the EGOs and Riva's etc. before I make a choice.

12. hairball

hairball ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 17, 2010
    Other Places
    They have a cone that goes around the cartomizer/atomizer to make it presentable. Kinda looks like a tapered cigar. I prefer them over the Joye 510 but if you feel that it may be too big, you might consider the Joye 510 XL batteries. They are 280mah and a little longer than the standard size.

13. DKS-1

Dec 7, 2011
    VA/NC and NLV Land
    Cool. I thought that might be what the deal was with them but I wasn't sure if it was some sort of special 510 cart or not.

So, of the bigger battery kits, is the Ego the best or is something like thisT-Rex (eGo Style) & SmokeTech Cartomizer Starter Kit (2 Complete T-Rex) - 310Vapers Store with the 1000mAh battery option just as good?

And with the Ego or the T-Rex kit I linked above, I could use the LR cartomizers, right?

14. DKS-1

Dec 7, 2011
    VA/NC and NLV Land
  15. TJVJR

TJVJR Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2011
    Tri Cities , TN
    It looks like it , Fair price as well. I too use/refill the 21st century cartomizers ( I have tried to duplicate their flavor but haven't quiet got it ) and have been looking at a similar kit at LF but they haven't got it back in stock yet. I was thinking of going with the 1100 ​mAh batter(s) though. I hadn't ran upon that vendor before , thanks for the link.

16. tigerlily

tigerlily Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 6, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Both of the last two that you linked look like good kits that will serve you well. There is a difference you should be aware of though. The T-Rex kit is a cartomizer kit which I would personally prefer. The Ego T kit uses tanks instead of cartomizers. Some folks, my mother included, prefer the tanks. I have heard too many stories of tanks leaking though. I also thought the tanks made the vaper have a plastic taste that I did not like. I'm sure they have made improvements since I tried them out, but I am a big cartomizer fan so that would be the direction I would advise you to go.

17. azzaman

azzaman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2012
    Brisbane, Australia
    Do yourself a favour and buy a joye 510 starter kit and a USB pass through. That will give you the 3 equivalent batts ur currently using but with far more options with cartomizers and accessories.

18. DKS-1

Dec 7, 2011
    VA/NC and NLV Land
    I ended up buying some Joyetech 510 XL black batteries, a couple of chargers and some 2.0 LR carts (some xl and some regular) and some SR carts. I know the Ego, etc. is going to last longer between charges, etc. but in the end I knew I really wanted to stick to the cigarette diameter batteries for several reasons.

I tired the SR carts and they were no where near the hit of the 21st century setups I have. However, with the LR carts, I'm very happy with my purchase. Basically, the 2.0 LR carts are neck and neck if not a little better hitting than the 21st century standard (only thing they sell) carts.

The XL batteries last me about exactly the same as a 21st century battery, but the regular sized joyetech 510 batteries last about 3/4 the time of a 21st century.

In a nutshell, I'm happy that I bought a 510 for the fact that I can buy empty carts and I love the black batteries and carts since I'm all about all black. (note my Jeep, lol)

Wallpaper2bigsig.jpg

But, I'm still impressed with the 21st century in that it has a better battery life and a better, bigger hit than a standard 510 battery with a SR cart.

A pass through is for sure something on my list.:2cool:

19. TJVJR

TJVJR Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2011
    Tri Cities , TN
    Odd , My 21st century only last about 1 1/2 but I have had them over a month. It does vary depending on which e liquid I use.I still like the set up and TH.

20. DKS-1

Dec 7, 2011
    VA/NC and NLV Land
    Well, to update, I've already had 2 of my 510 batteries completely die and one that is on the way. The 2 won't even charge anymore and are just dead weight and one is very iffy it will charge or not when I plug it up. I've tried them with 4 different chargers, cleaned them properly, etc. etc. etc. Never once did I have a 21st battery die on me and used the same batteries for a very long time with them. The 510s I've only had for a few days. I'm getting them replaced and hopefully it was just a fluke that a got a couple of bad ones. I know this isn't a common problem with them. But my GF dropped 2 of the 21st century batteries in water (one in the toilet, lol) and they still worked great (other than the slight poo taste, lol, jk) and those are automatic batteries!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.