News article I wrote for The River Journal (Idaho/Montana)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
Just read the article, well done! If we could get more of this type of thing around the country, opinions could change. Again very well written.

This could happen if we gathered our resources. Right now, everything is done on a piecemeal basis. It really ticks me off that the FDA is getting away with this and allows a known killer to remain on the market, yet wants to kill a known life saver.

Panini

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2010
Texas
Are there any media kits or press releases circulating on behalf of e-cigarettes right now? I'd be happy to forward any information on to what few contacts I still have in the media. True, they are mainly Canadian, but work for national news outlets that have potential for American Press or Reuters pickup. I'd write something up myself, but haven't been familiar with e-cigarettes long enough to be as well-versed as many of the people here. I think this is what I'd need:

- An articulate paragraph or two on the current FDA battle, including Judge Leon’s ruling and their subsequent warning letters to the five companies.

- How the device works. The chemical breakdown in comparison to tobacco cigarettes.

- A brief outline of the independent studies done thus far, including the mini-study by the FDA and an explanation of the findings.

- Why vaping is a smoking alternative and not a smoking cessation device…(even though…)

- …a highlight of statistics so far -- (I’ve seen success rates in the high 70 - 80 % range, comparable to 5 - 7% on other NRT.)

- Any other anecdotal evidence.

- A representative contact (I assume the best candidate would be from CASAA)

- A medical contact (if available)

- Any representative contact from government agency, reputable organization, or other influencer.

If something like that is available I would be happy to pass it on.

jtcaseyjr

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2010
Oak Harbor, WA
Are there any media kits or press releases circulating on behalf of e-cigarettes right now? I'd be happy to forward any information on to what few contacts I still have in the media. True, they are mainly Canadian, but work for national news outlets that have potential for American Press or Reuters pickup. I'd write something up myself, but haven't been familiar with e-cigarettes long enough to be as well-versed as many of the people here. I think this is what I'd need:

- An articulate paragraph or two on the current FDA battle, including Judge Leon’s ruling and their subsequent warning letters to the five companies.

- How the device works. The chemical breakdown in comparison to tobacco cigarettes.

- A brief outline of the independent studies done thus far, including the mini-study by the FDA and an explanation of the findings.

- Why vaping is a smoking alternative and not a smoking cessation device…(even though…)

- …a highlight of statistics so far -- (I’ve seen success rates in the high 70 - 80 % range, comparable to 5 - 7% on other NRT.)

- Any other anecdotal evidence.

- A representative contact (I assume the best candidate would be from CASAA)

- A medical contact (if available)

- Any representative contact from government agency, reputable organization, or other influencer.

If something like that is available I would be happy to pass it on.

I would recommend getting in touch with Vocalek. She is all over the forums and seems to have all that information at her finger tips. She is Also a CASAA rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread