News from flavor arts

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieGirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
Lehigh Acres, FL
Just a couple bits of info I'd thought I'd share. Whenever I've asked someone if there is any truth or basis in fact to the business about letting juices steep after they've been mixed, they usually just shrug and say that's what they heard, but I've always been curious if so, why? Well I was browsing before and looking at the Italian "Flavor Art" website, I found the best explanation I've gotten up til now...

Liquids when freshly prepared need some ageing or maturing as the liquid and flavor components react and form small variations of contained compounds.
This kind of reactions (acetals formation, hydrolisis, esterification, oxidation and many others) are common in the food application, and this explains why winegar, wines, spirits need some maturing time.
The ageing delivers a smoother and finer finished product and the overall flavor perception will be lowered, so it might be that a small overdose at the beginning is required.
About the time needed is difficult to predict as it depends on amount of liquid prepared, air incorporated, light exposure, outside temperature.
As a rule of thumb we can say 2-3 days is the minimum but probably the best results are attained after 1-2 weeks.
I'm not sure where it would be best to post this, but at the same site there was also info about studies they are doing about the effects of vaping on the body, especially in regards to their flavorings...it sounds pretty reassuring!

They are also working to develop tobacco flavors that come closer to the flavor of actual burning cigarettes. I'm not a big tobacco fan myself, but if I added menthol, I could probably vape turpentine...(in fact its tasted as if I have in the past!) Anyway, I thought some might be interested in perusing this while on their personal quest for the ideal tobacco-like vape.... Happy vaping
Protocollo ClearStream - Flavourart. La sartoria degli aromi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread