News - Njoy Bankrupt, FDA & Asian Vaper Games 400 Giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

low_tar_neil

ECF Tea-boy, Vaping.com guy
Admin
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 20, 2008
    www.vaping.com
    After a long lay-off we've started up with more frequent news updates, as there's a lot to keep on top of right now. If you have any suggestions for content please pm me, or if you fancy firing up the old writing skills and being a blogger for us let me know. We'll be changing this post on a weekly basis.

A sad tale, Njoy, once the saviours of vaping, now bankrupt :(

The FDA have conducted their first sting operations on both brick and mortar and online stores.

China based mega-marketers, AVE40, are launching what might be the most unique project ever in the vaping world: The Asian Vaper Games show!

Also, a heads up, to celebrate the launch of episode 1 of their TV show, AVE40 are giving away 400 Smoant Battlestar mods (the company interviewed in this episode) over on their youtube channel (details on how to enter in the 'show more' panel.)

Last edited:

Rick Calhoun

Jul 7, 2016
    It was good to see the list of the store that got letters. Most of the B&M that got them are not even vape stores but other types of retail stores that would have sold these minors cigarettes anyway. And most of the vape stores listed are of the online variety in which I'm sure the minors answered that they were over the age required to purchase. I have a feeling that pretty soon we will have to upload a copy of a government issued ID to verify age as opposed to pop-up box verification being used currently.

And as for these vaper games. I'm not sure this is going to help the vaping cause.

Reactions: amandaduan

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    It was good to see the list of the store that got letters. Most of the B&M that got them are not even vape stores but other types of retail stores that would have sold these minors cigarettes anyway. And most of the vape stores listed are of the online variety in which I'm sure the minors answered that they were over the age required to purchase. I have a feeling that pretty soon we will have to upload a copy of a government issued ID to verify age as opposed to pop-up box verification being used currently.

And as for these vaper games. I'm not sure this is going to help the vaping cause.

Yet in many States No ID is required to prove citizenship to Vote........

Yea FDA...........NOT

My Battle has become one of Defiance. I will Vape as I please.

I Vape
    I Vote

Anonymous Survey

Multiple ID Suspension
    Oct 3, 2016
    Anchorage, Alaska
    • Deleted by retired1
    • Reason: Multiple ID Company

Monotremata

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2014
    Fontana, CA
    monotremata.bandcamp.com
    The gov id thing is already in effect at b & m shops and online in the US

Yep I had to give the last 4 of my SS# to get verified last time I ordered at Eciggity, and actually had to take a picture of my drivers license and e-mail it to Lightning Vapes just to order some unicorn bottles!

Reactions: MacTechVpr

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    Yep I had to give the last 4 of my SS# to get verified last time I ordered at Eciggity, and actually had to take a picture of my drivers license and e-mail it to Lightning Vapes just to order some unicorn bottles!

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

(In the wrong direction.)

Good luck all. :)

amandaduan

Unresolved Status
    • Deleted by retired1
    • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

whiteowl84

Unresolved Status
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 15, 2016
    Vapor games?
    Like an alien off? Who ever can throw down a 40g alien with a dremel wins?
    Or...
    Russian roulette.
    Pass around a series mech with quad staples till it explodes?

Probably dumb but that's coming from a guy that thinks "cloud chasing" and the competitions related are for goobers.

I'd bet it's just a cover to drum up some viewers for advertisements.

Reactions: DC2

Natasha Jovic

Oct 18, 2016

I’ve actually already experienced this myself. The request was to hold my state DL next to my face, take a pic of and forward by email. I’m not surprised though. I can’t really blame for protecting self =)

SmokFon-Jesse

Unresolved Status
    Oct 20, 2016
    • Deleted by retired1
    • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
    The FDA is documenting and compiling a list of violations to be used in the future as evidence of why they needed to shut down the evil vapor industry. First thing they use is kids as cannon fodder in the war on vaping. My guess is many of these stores were unaware of the new regulations. Like Dean Vernon Wormer said, 'I hate those FDA guys'.

BuGlen

Divergent
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 6, 2012
    Tampa, Florida
    So they went after Chinese company? How are they going to force China to comply with the FDA rules?
    "SMOK® 2016 Shenzhen SMOK Technology CO.,LTD All rights reserved."

They don't have to force them to comply. With that letter, they can justify seizing any and all shipments coming into the U.S. for resale, and probably inspect any vendor shipments that are known to carry their products to customers here. Will they do that? I don't know, but I wouldn't put it past them to take advantage of any and all methods to kill the market.

Reactions: LaraC
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread