• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

NEXT CENTRAL VIP Vape Meet 7/28/13 1:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
When : Sunday, July 28, 1pm

Where : NOTE NEW LOCATION THIS MONTH! Bluewater Grill (We'll be at the very back on the right side of the building. Just ask the hostess for the vaping Group when you arrive).

Bluewater Grill Bluewater Grill Phoenix

Location Map
(south side of street)

Phone : 602 277- 3474

Light Rail Stop : Camelback & Central

Parking : Lots of parking in their parking lot.

Please, no children/under 18 at our social group meets.

GREAT food and drinks at this place! Please consider eating lunch here during our meet since this venue doesn't charge our group for the meeting space!

Local suppliers are often in attendance so you can buy liquids, atomizers/cartos, drip tips, mods, etc.

If you have something to sell or trade, bring it along! If you DIY and have a juice you're proud of, bring some and let folks try it! Bought loads of liquids you don't like? We're starting a PUT/TAKE box for liquids! Put some in, grab out something new to try!

Growing Pains - The meets are getting bigger and bigger (YaY!), and we're trying this NEW VENUE to see if it might fit (or if we outgrow it quick, they have an upper floor that a large group like ours could use). We'll decide after this trial run if we continue on at SunUp, or if we switch to this new location. Tell us what you think at this month's meet!

Raffle News - We will try to have our usual raffle drawings this meet (please consider bringing something to donate for our drawings, vaping-related or not!) and as always, we'll have our 50/50 cash pot drawings from the money brought in from raffle ticket sales. Our local suppliers often donate something great as well!

Spread The Word - Know any smokers looking for alternatives and would be interested in checking out vaping? Bring them with you! The more the merrier!

Social Schedule - Check out the stickies for our Schedule (6 months of meets scheduled) for all locations (subject to change, check it often!). We'll be posting up more dates for other locations soon!

Have any questions? Ask away here, PM me, or message us on the VIP Face Book page www.vapinginphoenix.com (redirects to our Facebook page) or go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/phoenix.vapors/.

Feel free to RSVP in this thread, or on Facebook. We hope to see you all there!

:vapor::toast::vapor::toast::vapor::toast::vapor::toast::vapor::toast::vapor::toast::vapor::toast::vapor::toast::vapor:

Last edited:

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Just a reminder! NEW LOCATION for tomorrow's CENTRAL VIP meet (See first post for details)!

I HATE change, but due to our increasing membership and attendance at the Central meet... we're giving a new place a whirl... while the main room for us is not bigger than our current location, it has an outer area for overflow and vendors! If we pack it, we may have the option to have the entire upstairs as our meeting place (it's HUGE)! They will want to see some sales in food/drinks from us to be able to justify giving us that area/turning on the A/C (so please, consider purchasing lunch and drinks to support our use of the current room and show them we're serious about getting the larger one!!).

Please also consider that if we pack the place out, and you all aren't crazy about this place, that this ISN'T necessarily permanent (we can always go back to Sun Up) and if we're still at the numbers that we had last month, we'll get the option to take upstairs over soon!!! I hope you'll all enjoy the new place and I'm looking forward to your feedback on it after the meet on Sunday at BLUEWATER GRILL. Can't wait to see you all!

Peace, Love and Vapor - V.

p.s. This from Craig at Kidney Puncher (posted on our Facebook group!)

We'll be giving away a couple of awesome prizes at the Sunday VIP Meetup:

1. Innokin SVD + 2 Panasonic 18650 Button Top batteries + an Xtar WP2ii charger
2. Sigelei Custom 19E Brass Mechanical Mod w/extra 18650 w/ Kick tube + a Sigelei Kick Clone check it out at: http://www.kidneypuncher.com/sigelei-19e-custom/

There will also be other prizes of juices from Ms T's Bakery and The Standard Vape !

See you all on Sunday

Last edited:

Crazyinariz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
Tempe, AZ

Crazyinariz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
Tempe, AZ
I had a blast (as always) at the meet. It was nice seeing the old-time regulars and meeting a bunch of first-timers.

My thoughts on the Bluewater Grill are mixed. It was a very nice restaurant with a good beer selection and friendly, attentive staff, who I feel did a great job of looking after us. The room we were in barely contained our group, and if I'm not mistaken (vendors excluded), we had some spillover, as a few people couldn't fit in the room. While I enjoy seafood, a few of the people I spoke with aren't 'sushi' people, and this seriously limited the menu options for them. The food that I ordered was good, but even ordering off the happy hour menu my bill was almost double what it had been at SunUp. My only other concern is that while there is an upstairs room that is bigger, I know that we have 1 longtime regular who is wheel-chair bound, and I feel that to meet upstairs would pointedly exclude her from the group.

While I had a great time at Bluewater, I feel that we should continue our search for a new VIP social gathering location.

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
Bluewater has a decent lunch menu, with some offerings for the landlubber. It's a real pity it wasn't available (at lunchtime, no less), our tab ended up pretty low because we didn't eat, but we tipped well. That would have been a 30-35 dollar swing at our table alone.

Has anyone ever been to Rose McCaffrey's Irish Pub on 9th Street and Camelback? I hear it has a large upstairs area too, but I don't know what their accessibility is like. Might be worth a look, it's in the same neighborhood.

It was a very fun meet, got to sample a lot of juices and ogle a lot of gear, and great folks all around. You can't go wrong with a room fulla vapers. Looking forward to next month already!

Aubie80

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
Bluewater had a great menu for seafood lovers yes. I didn't order anything as I didn't see anything that I like on the happy hour menu or regular menu, saw a lot of food that looked delicious as the wait staff brought it by the table I was sitting at.

The room we were in was quite small, I'm glad they let us spill over into the hallway. If not for that it would have been very cramped. I know they said if we had a large enough group we could go upstairs. I don't know if they have an elevator to accommodate those who need it and the vendors. If we would have had a larger turnout the space provided wouldn't have been big enough.

It was a great meet non the less. So glad to see that the newer people are finding out about the group and making it out to the meets. This group is growing day by day. I don't know if Bluewater will be big enough for us down the road.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Good feedback guys. Thanks. Hmmm, I figured the Happy Menu options (Sliders, wings, etc.) would take care of most of you guys, and since Dave and I had a burger while there scouting, I thought THAT was going to be available. I also heard someone who didn't like seafood much say the fish tacos were amazing.

Dave, did you ask them for a burger like we did last time or just assume you couldn't have one? Did any of you ask specifically for the Lunch menu and were told no? I did NOT know that the other menu out wasn't the Lunch menu (I just wanted the slider, which btw was AMAZING!). It was my understanding we would have the lunch menu as well. jeeze... Let me know so I can chat with the mgr.

Craig loved his set up as far as I know (I'll be chatting with him today to get his feedback) and I spoke to him quickly and he was happy and said he did very well. Having vendors out in that room allows them to be able to talk to people who have questions (and actually hear and speak without trying to rise above the din in the room). It also allows for more product to be brought to the meet (as we took up valuable seating in the room at Sun Up with vendors). The idea with that outflow area is also to take care of extra folks (we were fine for the 45 or so people in the room, after that, a few were out in the other room to dine, but everyone was able to come in to the main room when through eating). VIP typically has an ebb and flow with our numbers, though in the last few months we just seem to be growing so we have to be somewhere that can accommodate around 60 right now!

I'll be calling BlueWater to talk to them about the menu selections and ask again about upstairs. IF they'd just offer all of us a burger in addition to the other menu choices, we'd be covering most you guys well???. Well... We'll see if they EVEN want us back. LOL *shrugs* Who knows? We may have been too much for them. The manager seemed a bit freaked out by 4:00. ha ha The staff LOVED us (I spoke to several of them to ask how you all were *grin*).

Dave, the other place sounds interesting, but do you know of anyone who has vaped in there? I will try to give them a call to see what the dealio is there.

Keep in mind guys... covering ALL the bases, making everyone happy AND finding a place that will even consider to allow vaping, nevermind 50-60 people doing it with all the rebuilding/cloud blowers AND that can accommodate THIS daily growing motley crew (LOL) in the future as well is beyond difficult. We're never going to be able to find it ALL in one place, and some appreciation of that fact where ever we have to land is appreciated.

If you are up to it, some help in scouting in that area is appreciated since I live in Timbucktoo (Surprise). LOL Like I said before, this isn't set in stone, but we're pretty much out of Sun Up considering our numbers each month, everyone isn't going to fit in there anymore either, and the option there is that people are OUTSIDE... so I'm dancing as fast as I can to accommodate the group! Whew!

<3
Hellen

Aubie80

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
I don't go to meets to eat, so I really don't care on the venue as long as it's big enough for all. I will find something to eat on almost any menu and if not I will eat when I get home. Tell me when and where to be and if I can make it I will be there.

As more people find out about vaping I think that will open up more possibilities for our group to be able to go to. Time will tell on that one.

Hellen, thank you and all the others for doing all the work you guys do to keep this group going!

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
We asked specifically for the lunch menu - Meghan and I were hoping for a burger and Sunny wanted the tuna melt - and were told that we could only have the lunch menu or the dinner menu at one time, and the dinner menu had already been decided on. We politely told her that there wasn't anything on the non-lunch menus that suited us and just had drinks for the day.

As for Rose McCaffrey's, the person who suggested it to me has vaped in there before with no issues, but that doesn't mean they're willing to host a few dozen people doing it at once. They'd need to be approached as we did with Bluewater, I'm sure.

Hellen ain't lying, folks - finding a suitable location for us while maintaining the schedule and club proper is a daunting task, and any ideas for places to approach would be really helpful. Chime in! The only bad suggestions are the ones unspoken!

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Well, I had a brief convo. with the G.M. (who wasn't there that day, and honestly isn't nearly as friendly as the other manager!). He said our group only spent $500 on the day (average of $10 a person there since we had 46-51 people there). Holy cow! That's awful low and doesn't seem to be right but he said they tracked it.

Well, if some of you decide not to eat there at all, not even to have a snack of a burger slider(?)... we'll not be wanted back probably. :( I think I've stressed that you all need to be supporting the venue by buying some kind of lunch. Oh well...

I was just starting to ask him about the menu debacle and about the possibility of the lunch menu/burgers added since that seems to be what you guys want, or would do okay as an option (right??) when his computers all went down. He's calling me back tomorrow.

*shrugs* Guess if we have to, next month we'll pack into Sun Up if I can get it booked? We'll see what the G.M. says tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread