Next step..

Status
Not open for further replies.

bliss12897

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
So I am still relatively new to vaping and I have a V2 which I will always be grateful for because it got me off the sticks..however, when I am ready to "upgrade" I am looking for

1. something I can go to that I can use my V2 cartomizers with as well.
2. a little longer draw time
3. even longer battery life
4. and perhaps something I can fill and use for extended period of time.

I will use my V2 when I am out and about because I do love the cig style and it isn't bulky. Otherwise I am cool with the cigar style. There is a volcano store here locally..is that something I should look in to? I am looking for something that is relatively easy to use as well. Thanks for your help, it's all so overwhelming

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
Well, you have lots of options out there. Most mods are going to have a 510 connector, but you can always buy an adapter so you can still use your KR808 stuff.

I think the cheapest option is going to be either a Riva or an eGo. These have bigger batteries that last around 6-8 hours between charges and you'll get a longer draw.

If you're looking at filling less and vaping more, then there are still more options for you. There are eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartomizers for use with the eGo. There are also a myriad of tanks like the Liquintor, the MAP Tank and others that will hold 3mls or more and use the DCC or the CE2s.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Your V2's are running at 3.7v (which V2 exaggerates claiming 4.2v) so you don't want an Ego (3.4v).

The Riva 510's at Liberty-Flights.com are all new stock so they are 3.7v. You would use a 510 to 808 or 510 to 901 adapter with that to use yoru V2 cartos. The Riva 901's MAY be able to use your cartos with no adapter but you would have to ask Liberty Flights if any of those kits are the new 3.7v ones.

Or you could get a nice 3.7v mod box cheap in the ECf Buying&Selling... Accessories & Mods section (then you need to get the charger and industrial batteries) and the 510 to 808 or 510 to 901 adapter. Some mod boxes are optionally available with a 901 connection but depending on airflow your V2 cartos may need an adapter to get airflow.

Or the 3-stage Ego clone at Gotvapes is another 510 device and has 3.2, 3.7 and 4.2v, plus the adapter

Last edited:

bliss12897

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
So I was looking through the ones you recommended and before I make a purchase, I saw this and just want to clarify "Note: This device is slightly wider than EGO models, and is not compatible with EGO class atomizers/cartomizers or cones."
Is this where/why the adapter comes into play?

fun2btango

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2011
Ardmore TN
I think you would be happy with an IGO 1300 mah or 650 mah. I started vaping with the KR808's and after 2 months I upgraded to the IGO. The cartomizers hold approximately 3 mil of juice, both lasting me about 24+ hrs, depending upon how much I vape!!Another plus is that most of my KR808 carts will work on this battery!! You get great TH and vapor with these...I don't intend to change again, I am very happy with this device!! Bill at http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...mah-45-00-650-mah-40-00-a-25.html#post4183557 You will be happy with the IGO!!
Bill has great prices, easy to work with, very informative. You order tonight, you'll have your kit by Tuesday or Wed. depending on your choice of shipping!!
So I am still relatively new to vaping and I have a V2 which I will always be grateful for because it got me off the sticks..however, when I am ready to "upgrade" I am looking for

1. something I can go to that I can use my V2 cartomizers with as well.
2. a little longer draw time
3. even longer battery life
4. and perhaps something I can fill and use for extended period of time.

I will use my V2 when I am out and about because I do love the cig style and it isn't bulky. Otherwise I am cool with the cigar style. There is a volcano store here locally..is that something I should look in to? I am looking for something that is relatively easy to use as well. Thanks for your help, it's all so overwhelming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread