• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum
Status
Not open for further replies.

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
VIP 2012 SCHEDULE:

APRIL 28TH (NOTE! THIS IS A SATURDAY MEET!)

MAY 27TH

JUNE 24TH

Place: Sun Up Brewing in the Brewers' Den. (Just ask the hostess for the vaping Group when you arrive if you don't know where it is).
Light Rail Stop: Camelback & Central
Parking: Lots of parking in Sun Up's parking lot.

More info about Sun Up is available on their Website!

Local suppliers are usually in attendance so you can buy liquids, atomizers/cartos, drip tips, mods, etc. If you have something to sell or trade, bring it along!

Great food at Sun Up, please consider having lunch and a drink (or two) there so we can continue to have our meets there for free! The kettle chips and chipotle ketchup are out of this world!

We will have our usual raffle drawings (please consider bringing something to donate for our drawings, vaping-related or not!) and as always, we'll have our 50/50 cash pot drawings from the money brought in from raffle ticket sales. Our local suppliers almost always donate something great as well, and we may have samples and/or prizes from some new remote vendors as well - more on this as it develops!

Have a question? Shoot me a PM here or hit Sunny up on the VIP Face Book page (Phoenix Vapers) https://www.facebook.com/groups/phoenix.vapors/ RSVP in this thread, or on Facebook!

Hope to see you all there!

WA3PNT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2010
Chino Valley, AZ
www.rodeogeorge.com
I'm juggling everything on my calendar so that I'll be here in Chino Valley on the 28th instead of up in Oregon. See, I do have my priorities in order. LOL

I've also got some items to bring (New DSE808 Starter Kits, V4L stuff, and a ton of Carts) that I no longer use since going the 306DCA and Tank route. May be useful to someone.

George

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
Saturday.....Really?!?!?

So much easier on Sunday for me. And of course that is just from my own personal, egotistical, selfish, uncaring, cynical, moronic, peevish, comtemptuous distrust of other's human nature and motives. Or it could be my Tarus Moon that makes me not like change. Or I could just be getting older and more cranky. Or this could just be a jest in order to have action on the subforum to keep it open. You choose.

Rhaevyn

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
Tigard, Oregon
www.myspace.com
I will be there, but I may not speak (getting the few remaining upper teeth I have yanked on the 26th 8-o )

I posted on our Facebook but just in case, also here. I am running out of my one and only favey liquid: DeKang RY4. If anyone can get hold of some for the meet up, please let me know or just bring. I should have about $20 by then (crosses fingers). Thanks in advance, and also thanks to those of you who have helped me over the past few months with little donations.

When I finally get my disability and come back to the real world, I will be more than happy to help someone else in my situation. I only have my one vice left in my world; I refuse to give up my vaping! :banana:

See ya then!

Deirdre
I may just write a book about this entire homeless experience. It's been - different . . . :blink:

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
We haven't set up our next block of reservations with SunUp yet, so if we have a strong turnout for this Saturday meet we can certainly work more of them into the schedule. I'm all for anything that helps bring more people to the party! (although my suggestion for go-go dancers was shot down).

Last edited:

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
I'm all for anything that helps bring more people to the party! (although my suggestion for go-go dancers was shot down).

200px-Bad_Idea_Machine_lolcat.jpg

WA3PNT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2010
Chino Valley, AZ
www.rodeogeorge.com
Dave,

Some questions, this being my first meet with the group.

I have several items to sell (new DSE808 Starter Kits, Cartridges, KR801 Cartomizers). Do I bring them in to the meet area? Is there a place to put them? Or just make a list and if someone is interested go get them from the truck?

RodeoGeorge

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
Nah, bring 'em in with you and pile 'em up on the table next to you where you're sitting. There's a table up front where we keep the stuff that's going into the raffle, and if any vendors show up they'll have a table of their own for their goods, but most of us just sit at one huge table assembly and the bar. Feel free to do the shuck'n'jive to drum up some sales!

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
The April VIP social, held on a Saturday this time around, was a cozy but enthusiastic assembly! We had both new faces and longtimers in attendance, and a good time was had by all. Vapes got vaped, eats got eated, and drinks got drinked - Mike and Katie even tackled SunUp's Brewery Taster, a half dozen 4-oz samples of the house's creations. For those of you with a keen eye and a suspicious nature, that's not what you think it is in the plastic baggie. It's dehydrated kale chips from Earl and Rita!
group-1.jpg

group-2.jpg

group-3.jpg

group-4.jpg

Mods and rebuildable attys got demo'd and passed around!
laughs-1.jpg

laughs-2.jpg

RAFFLE TIME! Jeff was kind enough to pick the winners for us this month, and many great prizes were donated! Thank you to everyone who donated to the raffle!
raffle-jeff-dave.jpg

The 50/50 pot was a true 50/50 this month, as the raffle drew a hundred bucks! Cathy and Rita each scored a Grant!
win-cathy.jpg

win-rita.jpg

George Scored big with two cases (one of which he gave to Donna) and the fabled Liberace mouse (which Donna brought back from last month and re-donated) which he also promptly handed over to Katie. We may need to find ourselves a new 'white elephant' prize, as Katie actually likes the mouse and plans to use it!
win-george.jpg

Mike and Katie pulled quite a haul as well, a Vision Starburst donated by Rita and some other goodies.
win-mike-katie.jpg

There were a lot of other prizes, including 4 5-packs of cartos donated by Mike and Katie, a couple of very nice tank mods from Earl and Rita, and a couple of 808 starter kits donated by George. Sunny has pointed out that we shouldn't be relying on my notoriously bad memory to keep track of who donated what and who won what, so we'll start keeping a list up on the prize table to make notes. We all had a blast, and are looking forward to next month's meet!

Last edited:

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
Another great example of how small the world is. Really enjoyed the meet, but that's because of the people.

I guess the numbers will justifiably dictate mostly Sunday meetings, as it should be.

RodeoGeorge

That was a very good time, and it was a real pleasure to meet you! I think the Saturday meets are essential because many people have their Sundays spoken for, and we'll continue at the current twice-a-year schedule for now. As our numbers increase again, we'll revisit this - I'd like to see us go to 4 times a year at least. Until then, we'll always have Sundays!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread