• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum
Status
Not open for further replies.

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
When: Saturday, November 17, 1pm
Where: Sun Up Brewing in the Brewers' Den (Just ask the hostess for the vaping Group when you arrive if you don't know where it is).
Light Rail Stop: Camelback & Central
Parking: Lots of parking in Sun Up's parking lot.

Great food at Sun Up, please consider having lunch and a drink (or two) there so we can continue to have our meets there for free! The kettle chips and chipotle ketchup are out of this world, the hummus comes highly recommended, and they make a great buffalo burger! More info about Sun Up is available on their website!

Local suppliers are often in attendance so you can buy liquids, atomizers/cartos, drip tips, mods, etc. Desert Vapes has committed to show up loaded for bear. If you have something to sell or trade, bring it along! If you DIY and have a juice you're proud of, bring some and let folks try it!

Rebuildable Workshop - Do you rebuild your atomizers? If you do, please bring your rebuild stuff and we'll get a side table going to demo techniques, swap supplies, and compare notes. If you haven't tried rebuilding yet but want to know more about it, this is your chance to sample and learn!

Raffle News - We will have our usual raffle drawings (please consider bringing something to donate for our drawings, vaping-related or not!) and as always, we'll have our 50/50 cash pot drawings from the money brought in from raffle ticket sales. Our local suppliers often donate something great as well.

Spread The Word - If you know vapers that aren't part of the ECF, invite 'em! Know any smokers looking for alternatives? Bring 'em along! The more the merrier!

Social Schedule - Here's our meet schedule for the remainder of the year:
- Sunday, December 16, 1pm

Have any questions? Shoot me a PM here or hit Barry up on the VIP Face Book page (Phoenix Vapers) at https://www.facebook.com/groups/phoenix.vapors/. Feel free to RSVP in this thread or on Facebook, and we hope to see you all there!

Last edited:

surreal

Sep 14, 2012
Glendale, AZ
I'm looking forward to finally making a meeting. I'm interested in rebuilding, and I'm hoping to purchase some rebuilding supplies, such as SS mesh and wicks, and nichrome (or whatever) wire, as well as broadening my selection of juices.

I'm also seriously overdue for a good Weissbier; it's nearly doppelbock season!

Last edited:

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
I haven't tried mesh myself (I'm pretty happy with silica, and use a tankless RBA) but I'll be bringing a ball of square braid cotton wick and a nice spool of 32g kanthal-a wire with me this month, you're welcome to some of it - bring something to spool a yard or three onto.

Hope to see you there!

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
The November VIP meet is a done deal, and although turnout was expectedly small due to it being
on a Saturday, a great time was had by all, with new faces from ECF, Reddit, and parts unknown!
group1.jpg

group2.jpg

Jennifer just recently won a Zmax, and got Tom to walk her thru the menu system on his so
when hers arrives, she'll be able to hit the ground running
zmax-jennifer-tom.jpg

RAFFLE TIME!!! Thanks to Stacy for picking the numbers from the hat this month!
raf.jpg

On the table this week, a couple of bottles of Halo juice, a couple of gummy drip tips, a handful
of XL cartos graciously donated by Drew, and of course, BOTTLE BUDDIES!

The raffle brought in 80 bucks cash American, so the first two drawings were for 40 dollars each!
raf-50-sunny.jpg

Despite our repeated attempts to prove the drawing isn't rigged, Sunny pulled the first pile
raf-50-steve.jpg

and Steve scored the second stack of sweet sweet dollars

Drew pulled in a Bottle Buddy and a 30 of Halo Malibu
raf-drew.jpg

Sara won the bottle of Halo Mystic
raf-sara.jpg

Jennifer won a pair of black gummy drip tips and a Bottle Buddy
raf-jennifer.jpg

And Tom won 4 XL cartomizers!
raf-tom.jpg

Thanks to everyone who attended and donated to the raffle! December's meet will be
mid-month again to work around holiday schedules, but will be back on a Sunday.
Hope to see our new friends return next month to hang with our normal crew, and
we'll delve more into the wild world of rebuildable attys then! Vape on, VIP!​

Last edited:

surreal

Sep 14, 2012
Glendale, AZ
I really enjoyed my first meet. Besides enjoying the friendly atmosphere and people, I learned a lot. Thanks again, Davelog, for the wire, wicks, and coil-wrapping demo!

My pile of old parts spawned Mr. Super Happy Drip Rig this morning. I pulled the spike-plate out of an old eGo-T atomizer, cleaned it up, slipped the annoyingly-big rubber tip from an XL cartomizer over the pipe, screwed it on a non-twist eGo battery and have a nicotine buzz from dripping the tasty hazelnut juice that Stacy so kindly shared.

I'll be ready for the next meet, and won't forget to bring juices and goodies to share :toast:

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
Goddess Jennifer. I am SO GLAD you finally got to go to a Vape Meet. I am also so glad you had fun! I know how it was for us (Harmony,GrannyVapper and I) at ours. I wish we had gotten to spend the day with you at yours :D YAY!
We'll be doing it again Dec 16th, and airfares are pre-holiday cheap! Come join us!

Thanks for the pics. Really missed being there.
Wasn't the same without ya, bro! The rebuildable table idea's got traction, too!

Great job on the pics, Davelog! I hope to be back next month. :)
Glad you enjoyed it and hope to see you become a regular!

I really enjoyed my first meet. Besides enjoying the friendly atmosphere and people, I learned a lot. Thanks again, Davelog, for the wire, wicks, and coil-wrapping demo!

My pile of old parts spawned Mr. Super Happy Drip Rig this morning. I pulled the spike-plate out of an old eGo-T atomizer, cleaned it up, slipped the annoyingly-big rubber tip from an XL cartomizer over the pipe, screwed it on a non-twist eGo battery and have a nicotine buzz from dripping the tasty hazelnut juice that Stacy so kindly shared.

I'll be ready for the next meet, and won't forget to bring juices and goodies to share :toast:
Sounds great! We'll get this puppy in full gear in December when we'll have more RBA folks gathered! Barry's the real guru with the rebuildables!

Keep your eyes on the VIP forum at the beginning of the month for the formal announcement, and I'll be in touch with SunUp's management this week or next to get the first 6 months of 2013 scheduled. If anyone has any suggestions that deviate away from our typical end-of-the-month-Sunday-except-one-Saturday schedule, speak up! We're taking considerations before we lock the schedule down!

Vape on, VIP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread