• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Next VIP Meet: Sunday, January 20, 1pm!

Status
Not open for further replies.

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
When: Sunday, January 20, 1pm
Where: Sun Up Brewing in the Brewers' Den (Just ask the hostess for the vaping group when you arrive if you don't know where it is)
Light Rail Stop: Camelback & Central
Parking: Lots of parking available in Sun Up's two parking lots

Great food at Sun Up, please consider having lunch and a drink (or two) there so we can continue to have our meets there for free! The kettle chips and chipotle ketchup are out of this world, they brew their own root beer, and they make a great buffalo burger! More info about Sun Up is available on their website!

Local suppliers are often in attendance so you can buy liquids, atomizers/cartos, drip tips, mods, etc. Desert Vapes usually shows up loaded for bear. If you have something to sell or trade, bring it along! If you DIY and have a juice you're proud of, bring some and let folks try it!

Raffle News - We will have our usual raffle drawings (please consider bringing something to donate for our drawings, vaping-related or not!) and as always, we'll have our 50/50 cash pot drawings from the money brought in from raffle ticket sales. Our local suppliers often donate something great as well.

Spread The Word - If you know vapers that aren't part of VIP, invite 'em! Know any smokers looking for alternatives? Bring 'em along! The more the merrier!

Social Schedule - If you have the googles you can now get the VIP calendar right here! If you don't, here's the remaining social schedule through the middle of 2013:

* Sunday, February 24, 1pm
* Sunday, March 24, 1pm
* Saturday, April 27, 1pm
* Sunday, May 26, 1pm
* Sunday, June 23, 1pm

Have any questions? Ask away here or on reddit, or hit Barry up on the VIP Facebook page (Phoenix Vapors). Hope to see you all there!

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
2013 kicked off strong with a HUGE turnout (with estimates between 40 and 60, let's just say 50ish) and the Brewer's Den was so full we began to spill outside just to get some elbow room. If this keeps up, we may need to see if we can annex the patio which will be great in spring!

crowd1.jpg

crowd2.jpg

crowd3.jpg

crowd4.jpg

crowd5.jpg

crowd6.jpg

crowd7.jpg

mods1.jpg
Spotted around the crowd were this slick carto pipe ($40 from healthcabin) in the process of being refinished by LeAnn

mods2.jpg

mods3.jpg

This impossibly cool steampunk tube mod was brought by Annistasa

mods4.jpg

Jennifer was seen modeling a Vamo on a beaded lanyard

Vendors were out in force and everyone loaded up on supplies!
vendors-dv.jpg

Desert Vapes had a mountain of juice, hardware, and supplies (including midnight chrome Vamos for 40 bucks!)

vendors-jv.jpg

JVapes from Prescott came down to introduce their line of juices to the group

vendors-kp.jpg

and Kidney Puncher was there with stainless steel Vamos and juices from the elusive Mrs. T's Bakery!

RAFFLE TIME! As per usual, I was too busy being a vaper and not paying attention to the duties at hand and never got a shot of the raffle's prize table, which grew considerably as we got closer to hat time. Many wonderful donations to the raffle this month, both from our members and our vendors! Thanks also to Miss Deede, who picked the winning numbers out of the hat!
raf1-50-stacie.jpg

Ticket sales came out to $190, so the 50/50 drawings won by LeAnn and Stacie were for $95.00 each!

raf2-brett.jpg

Brett won a bottle of Backwoods Brew Nutty and a bottle of MBV RY4 in separate draws

raf3-jonathan.jpg

Jonathan from JVapes won a bottle of FanceeJuice's Cloud Chocula

raf4-colin.jpg

raf4-colin3.jpg

raf4-colin2.jpg

Colin hit it big with a Bottle Buddy, a pair of carto tanks from TLC Vapor, and a funky cedar box full of TastyPuff flavorings

raf5-leann.jpg

LeAnn also won a much-needed Bottle Buddy

raf6-steve.jpg

raf6-steve2.jpg

Steve won a bag of VapeDudes juice donated by LeAnn and a pair of Synergy juices donated by Barry

raf7-annistasa.jpg

Annistasa won an IGO-L rebuildable drip atty donated by Kidney Puncher

raf8-dave.jpg

I won a box of cartos donated by Barry

raf9-stacie.jpg

Stacie won a box of 801 cartos also donated by Barry

raf10-dave.jpg

raf10-drew.jpg

raf10-jennifer.jpg

raf10-leann.jpg

Dave, Drew, Jennifer, and LeAnn won bottles of juice donated by JVapes

raf11-doug.jpg

raf11-gary.jpg

Doug won a couple boxes of pre-filled cartos donated by Barry and Gary won a powder-blue zipper case donated by Desert Vapes, which immediately got traded for each other. The best trades are when both parties come away from it thinking the other a sucker!

raf12-sunny.jpg

Sunny won a pair of juices from Desert Vapes

raf13-dave.jpg

and Dave won himself a snazzy new Desert Vapes tee shirt!​

This was just a great meet all around, and hopefully it sets the tone for the rest of the year! HUGE thanks to everyone who donated and the vendors who came to service the crowd! Hope to see you all next month, stay tuned for the official meet announcement at the beginning of February, and VAPE ON!

Last edited:

surreal

Sep 14, 2012
Glendale, AZ
What a change from my first meeting back in November with about 10 people!
I had a great time and was glad I brought along a newby, Gary. We were blown away by how friendly and generous everyone is.
I need to get more of the delicious ejuices from The Plume Room | The best e Liquid & high quality e cigarettes and personal vaporizers.. Thanks to Michelle, I have tasty samples to keep me going until I figure out my order. The peanutbutter and the banana pudding were a big surprise since I didn't expect to like them; great stuff!
I also need to lay in a supply of snickerdoodle. Lucky for me there aren't any calories in vapor...
I hope Sun Up still has the barleywine the next time I'm there. Can't wait for next month :)
As always, thanks Dave and Sunny!

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
Yep, it was a blast! I gotta say, I'm really digging on the Mrs. T's Snickerdoodle too - think it may be one of those juices that has a permanent spot on my shelf. Sunny's really digging the chocolate/cocoanut juice she won from Desert Vapes as well. Meets are absolutely my favorite way to try new juices! To anyone who won or bought some JVapes, how is it? I meant to pick up a bottle before we bailed but like paying bills and feeding cats, it slipped my mind while I was off having fun.

Crazyinariz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
Tempe, AZ
Yep, it was a blast! I gotta say, I'm really digging on the Mrs. T's Snickerdoodle too - think it may be one of those juices that has a permanent spot on my shelf. Sunny's really digging the chocolate/cocoanut juice she won from Desert Vapes as well. Meets are absolutely my favorite way to try new juices! To anyone who won or bought some JVapes, how is it? I meant to pick up a bottle before we bailed but like paying bills and feeding cats, it slipped my mind while I was off having fun.

I also had a blast yesterday. Good people, good beer and good vapes. life doesn't get much better.... I won 2 of the jvapes bottles, ( pursuit of happiness and foxy wall) but haven't tried them yet. They're 'caps off" in the cupboard of steeping right now. I'll probably try them next sunday during the 'battle of the harbaughs'. Hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread