NGP touch.. can NOT get the previous owners flavor out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin King

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2012
PA
just got a NGP off the classifieds and i literally cant get the previous owners blacknmild juice out of the tank. i mean i got all of the actual juice out, and rinsed the tank with water about 10 times. then i filled with banana cream pie. all i can taste is black n mild, and zero flavor of banana cream pie, and to make things even better, my orion tank cracked yesterday and i just got all my new juice today. so basically im extremely frustrated.

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
Meat is on the right track. I purchased a couple drip tips from a friend and when they came the cinnamon was overwhelming. That juice had infiltrated the o-rings-lmao. Can't tell ya how many times I washed and soaked the darn things. The o-ring change did the trick. Good Luck!

StereoDreamer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Columbia MD
Used drip tips? EWWWWWWW!!!!!

Probably half the pipes in my collection (from when I smoked pipes) are "estate pipes"--meaning they were used.

A little soak in Everclear, or a good rinse with peroxide will make them cleaner and more sterile than they came from the factory. No worries...

jrjacobs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2009
SoCal
Probably half the pipes in my collection (from when I smoked pipes) are "estate pipes"--meaning they were used.

A little soak in Everclear, or a good rinse with peroxide will make them cleaner and more sterile than they came from the factory. No worries...

I'm sure they are free of germs after that, but to me it's like sterilzing someones used toothbrush and then using it. I'm sure those pipes have alot of teeth marks. To each his own, but to me it's gross!

meatsneakers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
NYC
Are there any plastic or rubber parts? Even the positive post grommet. Is the tank glass or plastic?

About 6 months after I quit smoking, I had to start being meticulous with cleaning attys. The tiniest bit of soap scent from washing my hands and touching pieces would ruin wicks and o-rings. Maybe you're experiencing the same thing.

edit-
Soaking in white vinegar also works best in my experience.

Last edited:

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
I'm sure they are free of germs after that, but to me it's like sterilzing someones used toothbrush and then using it. I'm sure those pipes have alot of teeth marks. To each his own, but to me it's gross!

Be sure to never allow a guest to drink from any of your glasses or eat a dinner at your house, unless you feed them from paper plates and cups and just throw them away. Damn!

Kevin King

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2012
PA
Are there any plastic or rubber parts? Even the positive post grommet. Is the tank glass or plastic?

About 6 months after I quit smoking, I had to start being meticulous with cleaning attys. The tiniest bit of soap scent from washing my hands and touching pieces would ruin wicks and o-rings. Maybe you're experiencing the same thing.

edit-
Soaking in white vinegar also works best in my experience.
the tank and area where you build coil is all plastic. only thing that isn't plastic is the 2 positive and negative screws. im gonnna soak as much as I can in peroxide and see how that goes. thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread