The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

NGP touch.. can NOT get the previous owners flavor out

Discussion in 'APV and Mods Discussion' started by Kevin King, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Kevin King

Kevin King Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 21, 2012
    PA
    just got a NGP off the classifieds and i literally cant get the previous owners blacknmild juice out of the tank. i mean i got all of the actual juice out, and rinsed the tank with water about 10 times. then i filled with banana cream pie. all i can taste is black n mild, and zero flavor of banana cream pie, and to make things even better, my orion tank cracked yesterday and i just got all my new juice today. so basically im extremely frustrated.

2. Leatherneck

Leatherneck Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2013
    Oregon
  3. bsidb

bsidb Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 10, 2012
    Leroy,NY
    I used to use hydrogen peroxide and rubbing alchol on my Ce2's, letting them soak worked fairly well

50/50 bath

4. Kevin King

May 21, 2012
    PA
    ok ill give that a shot. it just sucks so bad, i just got all new vape mail. 28g kanthal, 500 mesh, and a whole bunch of mt baker vapor juices, then my orion tank cracks. like really?

5. meatsneakers

meatsneakers Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 3, 2011
    NYC
    Boil all the metal pieces and replace any o-rings. Some flavors are impossible to get out of silicone and rubber.

6. jrjacobs

jrjacobs Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 27, 2009
    SoCal
    Yuck that's gross. Next time, buy a new one instead of someones used one and you won't have that problem.

7. xsphat

xsphat Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 24, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Drinking isn't the best answer for extreme frustration. Just saying.

8. Leatherneck

Leatherneck Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2013
    Oregon
    I was thinking after a few of those, he wouldn't care what it tastes like.

No seriously, I was just supposing the vodka might help get rid of the taste.

9. xsphat

xsphat Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 24, 2012
    Wisconsin
    I know, I just couldn't pass it up.

10. Kevin King

May 21, 2012
    PA
    i traded my Bam for it... so that wasnt an option to get a "new one".

11. HzG8rGrl

HzG8rGrl Trippy Tip Hoarder Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 11, 2009
    *The Swamp*
    Meat is on the right track. I purchased a couple drip tips from a friend and when they came the cinnamon was overwhelming. That juice had infiltrated the o-rings-lmao. Can't tell ya how many times I washed and soaked the darn things. The o-ring change did the trick. Good Luck!

12. jrjacobs

Nov 27, 2009
    SoCal
    Used drip tips? EWWWWWWW!!!!!

13. StereoDreamer

StereoDreamer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 13, 2012
    Columbia MD
    Probably half the pipes in my collection (from when I smoked pipes) are "estate pipes"--meaning they were used.

A little soak in Everclear, or a good rinse with peroxide will make them cleaner and more sterile than they came from the factory. No worries...

14. jrjacobs

Nov 27, 2009
    SoCal
    I'm sure they are free of germs after that, but to me it's like sterilzing someones used toothbrush and then using it. I'm sure those pipes have alot of teeth marks. To each his own, but to me it's gross!

15. Kevin King

May 21, 2012
    PA
    there are no orings on my NGP touch tho, so i really dont know what to do. kinda annoying tho

16. meatsneakers

meatsneakers Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 3, 2011
    NYC
    Are there any plastic or rubber parts? Even the positive post grommet. Is the tank glass or plastic?

About 6 months after I quit smoking, I had to start being meticulous with cleaning attys. The tiniest bit of soap scent from washing my hands and touching pieces would ruin wicks and o-rings. Maybe you're experiencing the same thing.

edit-
    Soaking in white vinegar also works best in my experience.

17. HzG8rGrl

HzG8rGrl Trippy Tip Hoarder Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 11, 2009
    *The Swamp*
    Be sure to never allow a guest to drink from any of your glasses or eat a dinner at your house, unless you feed them from paper plates and cups and just throw them away. Damn!

18. t8kiteasy

t8kiteasy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2012
    virginia beach
  19. Kevin King

May 21, 2012
    PA
    the tank and area where you build coil is all plastic. only thing that isn't plastic is the 2 positive and negative screws. im gonnna soak as much as I can in peroxide and see how that goes. thanks guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.