Not open for further replies.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Hi all!

I got e-cigs for my brother and my sister-in-law for Christmas. My SIL took to the fruit/dessert flavors right away, but my brother would like to find some nice tobacco flavors. I already warned him that it's not quite like smoking tobacco - it's more like the essence of un-burnt tobacco and slightly sweet. I had tobacco flavors in my original carts, but switched to non-tobacco with liquids, so I'm no help to him.

I got him a Joye510 with standard batteries and made up some PTB Straw (PTB Made Easy) mod carts for him. He smoked Marlborough Reds.

I'd appreciate some feedback from members who smoked something similar and still stick with Nhaler's tobacco flavors in e-cigs. What do you like the best & recommend?

Thanks!!

You can't go too far wrong with some Drewbacco. I've been meaning to try some of the HV Kent as that's what I've seen the most people say is closest to recreating the analog experience. RY4 is a very interesting flavor that you kinda need to re-try every once in a while because it will CHANGE on you: Some days it seems to really taste "like smoke", but I've had a friend consistently tell me she thinks it tastes like cotton candy. Its the variance from person to person that makes it really difficult to make a recommendation.

alphafemale

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2009
Marshall, Michigan
Hi Kristin-I used to smoke Marlboro lights. I like KR808 cartos in 555, Marlboro, Kent & plain tobacco. As for liquids 555, Marlboro, Drewbacco 1. I haven't tried the HV Kent yet-just added it to my list. I don't care for RY4 cartos or liquid and I mix Drewbacco 2 with peanutbutter cup.

I vape several of the fruity flavors and some such as butterscotch then after a while I crave the tobacco flavor. I started out using just the plain tobacco cartos then "expanded my horizons" lol.

Good luck to your family with vaping and getting off the analogs.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I tried the HV kent and really couldn't taste the tobacco flavor that much. I did like the camule that I tried and it had a good TH. The virginia has a nice tobacco flavor. To me the 555, which is currently one of my favorites, does not taste like a tobacco to me. I get a definite nutty taste but not really a tobacco flavor. It is a little hard to explain but I like it very much.

crashtestjeep

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 14, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    www.myspace.com
    Drews Virginia is an awesome tob flavor :)
    Ive yet to try the Kent, but on my list...Marlboro is always good for me, and the 555 is great, although not tobacco-y to me. Yummy nonetheless!!!:)

Drews menthols are off the charts by far the BEST menthol liquids on the market that Im aware of so if Menthols an option, his tob//menthol mixes are the truest TOB/menthol flavors IMO :)

What is Drewbacco like?

I'm really surprised you haven't tried it, Kristin! 8-o Drewbacco is kinda hard to describe because it seems that everybody tastes something different. I actually didn't really care for it at first because I was tasting a lot of jalepeno and that didn't appeal to me in vapor--but I tried it again when I got my Xhaler and the nuttier undertones balanced the flavor and although it's not my favorite, I appreciate the complexity of the flavor. Personally, I like alternating between Drewbacco 24mg and HV Cafe Mocha Tobacco.

Even if you don't care for the tobacco flavors, you really should give Drewbacco a shot. My preference is definitely toward the sweeter flavors, but they can burn out your palate after a while. Since it was mentioned, I actually just switched to Drewbacco...and I think I like it better each time I try it.

redgirl

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 21, 2009
    Brunswick, MD
    Awesome. I just ordered the Virginia, and I thought, hell, I'll just try them all! I got 555, Camule, Drewbacco 1, and Virginia. I was contemplating trying RY4, but I want to get my tobacco flavor right first and foremost. The only other tobacco I've tried is regular and flue cured. I like them both, but the flue cured tasted really good at first, now I feel like I don't have the same flavor. Oh well, stupid tastebuds!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread