Nic and Flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulyWally

Jun 5, 2015
Texas
i know that there are many variables that would make this question hard to answer, but I'm looking for just ballpark opinions.

Take an average "premium" juice, meaning not some super cheap gas station pre mixed juice but certainly not a high end $2/ml juice either. Mixed at 50/50 with typical nonflavored nicotine any random flavor, let's use a cereal flavor for example. At what nic strength does the flavor of the vape start to become negatively impacted.

Just looking for ideas.

schatz

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
Tucson, Arizona , U.S,A
Yes,many variables,for me since I diy I find that over 10mg and I can definitly taste that its there.Diferent flavors are stronger tha others depending on the percentages and types of flavors.So I can mix at normal flavoring percentages,for me its 15% flavor,usually at 10mg. and 50/50,any higher nicotine and I need 20% or more flavoring.Hope this helps.

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
If you're lowering the nic, the throat hit will decrease. Flavor will be impacted most of all if you're mixing different brands of juice. Have a target nic level and mix it to that mg in small amounts until you reach the throat hit you're comfortable with. If you just want to lower the nic, get some PG or VG and add. You will lose flavor but it's an inexpensive option. I've mixed tons of premade juices to "improve" taste or vg ratio. Some win, some lose.

SleeZy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2014
Sweden
I remember when i came from 24mg / 18mg down to 12mg. And the flavor was completly diffrent - to the better. (Same juice)
Lower nic allows more taste imo, less TH aswell but you get used to it. It highly depends on the nicotine base aswell. One brand i've used was smooth as silk at 12mg but the other was harsh as ** (cheap brand)

I still have some 24mg/18mg juices from the days i used them and they barely taste anything else than peppery-ish due the nicotine amount. Granted i'm using RTA/RDA nowadays. I used clearos for the 24mg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread