Status
Not open for further replies.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I'm not bothering with congress anymore. I don't think it's worth my time. They will do what they will do, and I will do what I will do.

I agree, screw begging these congressional prostitutes for their permission to engage in a behavior that, if it harms anyone, only harms me.

Last edited:

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Mike don’t want us armed because he doesn’t see the need for it. No home invasions in his hood. I despise this ..... more than words can express.

He has armed security, he is safe; the little people, well they pays their taxes and they takes their chances.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I agree, screw begging these congressional prostitutes for their permission to engage in a behavior that, if it harms anyone, only harms me.

I agree that our voices and votes may not have an impact as much as we'd like to think, but submitting your opinions/requests to your reps using these CTA links takes hardly any time at all.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    I agree that our voices and votes may not have an impact as much as we'd like to think, but submitting your opinions/requests to your reps using these CTA links takes hardly any time at all.

Yes I did.. I even filled out a personal note on the tax portion to my representative, because at these tax levels they are taking from my husband and I nearly a months worth of living per year just in federal taxes on ejuice alone - should we purchase it at a vape shop. (Which we don't but they don't need to know that! )

And I noted how the smoking addiction disproportionately affects the disadvantaged and poverty stricken, and people shouldn't be punished just because they want to quit combustible cigarettes for a safer product that lessens the symptoms of COPD and more..

I decided since I voted for the man I had the right to tell him that even though there's no tax a politician doesn't like these taxes affect real people, many on limited income..

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    The problem is, there is already bipartisan agreement for the most part and given the current climate around vaping I think this actually has a very good chance to pass just the way it is... they just want to get "something" through and fast.

Nothing is Certain until there is a Floor Vote. But the Number of Cosponsors is usually a Good Benchmark of passage.

So when you look at something like HR 4742, it Doesn't look like it has gained a lot of Traction with the Rank and File.

Cosponsors - H.R.4742 - 116th Congress (2019-2020): Protecting American Lungs Act of 2019

Not saying this Can't pass the House. But usually a Bill that Passes will have more Cosponsors.

Then you look at something like HR 2339 and SB 3174...

Cosponsors - H.R.2339 - 116th Congress (2019-2020): Reversing the Youth Tobacco Epidemic Act of 2019

Cosponsors - S.3174 - 116th Congress (2019-2020): Reversing the Youth Tobacco Epidemic Act of 2020

These are Scary to say the Least.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I decided since I voted for the man I had the right to tell him

You have the right to tell any of them whatever you need to regardless if you voted for them or not. They are public servants, not just for those who voted for them.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Yes I did.. I even filled out a personal note on the tax portion to my representative, because at these tax levels they are taking from my husband and I nearly a months worth of living per year just in federal taxes on ejuice alone - should we purchase it at a vape shop. (Which we don't but they don't need to know that! )

And I noted how the smoking addiction disproportionately affects the disadvantaged and poverty stricken, and people shouldn't be punished just because they want to quit combustible cigarettes for a safer product that lessens the symptoms of COPD and more..

I decided since I voted for the man I had the right to tell him that even though there's no tax a politician doesn't like these taxes affect real people, many on limited income..

The way the current crew rolls they will probably add a clause allowing people who earn over $1M to write off their nic taxes.

I wonder how they will handle the nic tax within the industry. I assume juice makers won't have to pay the tax on nic they buy from their supplier and then charge it again to their customers, like a VAT. So legit juice manufacturers would need to have some kind of exemption to buy nic untaxed, and sell their product taxed.

And presumably this tax will hit outfits like Juul extra hard given their high nic product. Something like a Juul pod wouldn't really do the job if it was filled with 6mg juice.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I mean if the house passes this, it would still be at least months before online sales and any nic base tax were enacted, correct?

Yes. But I don't know how long exactly.

those of us who haven't bought enough nic base yet still have some time to make sure we're prepared.

And now's a good time. Today only HeartlandVapes.com - $10 off every gallon or liter of nic base you buy. that comes to $35/liter or $33 if you buy 4 or more.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    if I read this correctly, those of us who haven't bought enough nic base yet still have some time to make sure we're prepared. I mean if the house passes this, it would still be at least months before online sales and any nic base tax were enacted, correct?

If a Tax like this passed, can you Imagine what would happen to the Price of Nicotine as the Mad Run issued by Panicking Vapers?

LOL

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    If a Tax like this passed, can you Imagine what would happen to the Price of Nicotine as the Mad Run issued by Panicking Vapers?

LOL

I don't think it would be that big of a run on nic. From what I see, those who are vape preppers are pretty well stocked at this point. The rest seem to either not have the money to do it, don't care what happens, or are in disbelief that anything will change any time soon. But I could be wrong.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I don't think it would be that big of a run on nic. From what I see, those who are vape preppers are pretty well stocked at this point. The rest seem to either not have the money to do it, don't care what happens, or are in disbelief that anything will change any time soon. But I could be wrong.

The thing you have to Remember is the Vast Majority of Vaper's are Extremely Uniformed.

So for the Average ECF-er, who has seen Thread after Thread about what is going on, the level of Panic would probably be low.

But for the Other 98.9% of e-Cigarette users who Aren't members of e-Cigarette forums, all this could be Kinda a Punch in Gut awakening-wise.

BigPappa

Ultra Member
    Sep 21, 2019
    Fort Myers, FL
    if I read this correctly, those of us who haven't bought enough nic base yet still have some time to make sure we're prepared. I mean if the house passes this, it would still be at least months before online sales and any nic base tax were enacted, correct?
    That's what was supposed to happen with the vaping age... but then they made it immediate... of course that was the FDA that stepped in and they can't do that with tax issues. But still, they could fast track it.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain

Well I went ahead and bought one more liter from heartland there - I've never purchased from them before but couldn't resist the price..

Added in a few flavorings I was running low on to get the free shipping and it worked out well.

Hope their nic is good.. lol.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY

For myself, I find that the ruling class won't listen. They are on a mission from God to end an epidemic and they will not be deterred by anything I say or do. Add to that the fact that I am absolutely sick of begging them for their permission to do as I choose while harming no one. I am not a child, certainly not the child of the government, I won't be treated as a child to be saved by a nurturing government from myself.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Ok, ok. I see that you will not budge on this issue. But I will say one more thing about it.

Asking your reps to vote a certain way is not "asking permission". It is the American process that has been in place for centuries. That's how we do it, that's how we've always done it. We have always been about "majority rule".

But if you're stocked up with hardware and nic that you know will last you the rest of your life, I guess you can just say "screw it, screw them" and forget about it.

I'm stocked up for life, or damn near it, but it still pisses me the :censored: off. So I take 2.7911258 minutes and send in my CTA messages to my reps for the good of others, for the good of vapor.

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    Thing is, the tax isn’t that big a deal. If they ban flavors and online sales, there will be no one around to pay the tax and the FDA will not be seeing $100 Million dollars coming their way. It’s tough to tax an industry you kill off in the same legislation.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Senate has to pass it, Prez has to sign it. How long that takes who knows and if it happens at all. Could drive up demand and price skyrockets or suppliers might want to unload what they have for cheap. I wouldn’t wager much money on any outcome but I would make sure you’re stocked up while you KNOW it is affordable.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Thing is, the tax isn’t that big a deal. If they ban flavors and online sales, there will be no one around to pay the tax and the FDA will not be seeing $100 Million dollars coming their way. It’s tough to tax an industry you kill off in the same legislation.

But you can't legally buy cigarettes online, can you? Didn't they kill that? The only places I've sen that are left "selling" cigarettes look shady, to say the least, or are foreign sites.

Any tax is a big deal to me when you consider the states will add their taxes and some have already. Plus, we are already taxed on just about everything these days. 1 more tax, on anything, is a big deal to me.

The bigger they get, the more we have to pay them. An the more we pay them, the bigger they get. If I'm not mistaken, this is also the complaint people have with mobsters.

Last edited:
    • Agree
    Reactions: Opinionated
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread