Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
That looks like the same maker as mine (Welbilt by Haier) but my cubby is on the left.
USPS boxes are convenient but when there's a power outage the bottles sweat.
A bunch of sweating bottles make a small puddle. In a freezer that's called a PITA.
This was unplugged for a couple of days. It took an hour to clean & replace the lower USPS box.
48076571748_3cce2571da_b.jpg
Bummer! Perhaps some of the sweating came from the frost buildup on the sides of the freezer that melted??

So your freezer had no power for two days before the “sweating” occurred? I can see how the bottles would get stuck.

I have a generator in the event we have power outages here. If it is a garden variety outage it’s usually only for three hours or less. Probably not long enough to make a difference. But if It’s from an ice storm or hurricane it could be much longer. That’s when I break out the gen.

Last edited:

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Bummer! Perhaps some of the sweating came from the frost buildup on the sides of the freezer that melted??

So your freezer had no power for two days before the “sweating” occurred? I can see how the bottles would get stuck.

I have a generator in the event we have power outages here. If it is a garden variety outage it’s usually only for three hours or less. Probably not long enough to make a difference. But if It’s from an ice storm or hurricane it could be much longer. That’s when I break out the gen.
Frozen bottles sweat when they warm. I don't know when the puddle started but the bottom box had sucked up water and refroze. The box was a wreck and it wasted my time. I doubt any "damage" happened to the nicotine because i packaged it right and it stayed relatively cold.
Glass and polycone caps the day it enters my house. No ifs ands or buts.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
Nice thread Rossum! I noticed that I have already read some of the earlier posts way back when I was new to vaping. I used simple canning jars with plastic white lids for the freezer storage,,, 0 problems all nic clear as water. I already had more than a lifetime supply for 2 people (@higher estimated needs than todays reality/useage) but then nic salts came along. So I sampled them with B&M ejuice 30ml,,, pretty good,,, so I bought 100ml bottle just for me,,, ( my husband likely be fine with your unclean oil funnel ) :D,,, since then I have been bought a liter of the nic salt,, its in the freezer in its original container for now (Nicotine River recent sale)

Anyway,,ECF really should have a master library of required reading for new members,,,
Mooch-batteries
MikePetro- tempt testing
JeremyR-rayon (I believe his work saved me from giving up on vaping due to extreme vapors tongue)
Rossum-nic storage- nic aint cheap & a huge reason we are all here!

Anyway,, thanks again to everyone listed for the efforts you do for everyone else:toast:

Last edited:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Rossum-nic storage- nic aint cheap
Depends on one's perspective. Personally, I think it's been dirt cheap. The Nude Armor that most of my stash consists of cost as much as $160 a liter in 125 ml freezer-ready bottles. But a liter lasts me four years. That's $40 per year. Now think about how long $40 would last a smoker. Before I switched to vaping, I was spending $4000-$5000 a year on cigs.

Now personally, I didn't switch to vaping for economic reasons. That $4-5k a year wasn't making me miss any meals, and I have zero debt of any kind.

For me the question has always been future availability, because there is simply no way I'm going to let some :censored: bureaucrat take away the one thing that was ever able to get me off cigs.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
Depends on one's perspective. Personally, I think it's been dirt cheap. The Nude Armor that most of my stash consists of cost as much as $160 a liter in 125 ml freezer-ready bottles. But a liter lasts me four years. That's $40 per year. Now think about how long $40 would last a smoker. Before I switched to vaping, I was spending $4000-$5000 a year on cigs.

Now personally, I didn't switch to vaping for economic reasons. That $4-5k a year wasn't making me miss any meals, and I have zero debt of any kind.

For me the question has always been future availability, because there is simply no way I'm going to let some :censored: bureaucrat take away the one thing that was ever able to get me off cigs.
Agree,, I too am debt free for years. But I remember being poor,, and to a normal person nic may seem expensive.

I am a tightwad,, I don't like spending money,,, unless its on travel or nice food.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
(posted on another board by accident)
What are your thoughts on using vaccum pack bags /water bladders hikers use? (Stored at room temperature in the dark). We are considering on off-grid lifestyle in Colorado for the summers
Answered where you asked. :)

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
(posted on another board by accident)
What are your thoughts on using vaccum pack bags /water bladders hikers use? (Stored at room temperature in the dark). We are considering on off-grid lifestyle in Colorado for the summers
This is the bottle I had in mind,, I can control (squeeze out air) & still freeze in bulk
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LZI6B8...olid=2U993AIAO767E&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Another one with a vacuum feature
https://www.amazon.com/silbyloyoe-S...C29ADQWTH6V&psc=1&refRID=3N8HBZ17BC29ADQWTH6V

Last edited:
Reactions: ChelsB

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California

mcduffy

ECF Veteran
  • Jul 9, 2017
    My bad nic was the 250 mg . Made in late May. The replacement should arrive in a couple of days, I hope it’s good nic this time because what NR sent is totally unacceptable: brown with the worst smell I’ve ever encountered with nic.
    I'm waiting for NR to respond before breaking the seal, so I can't say how mine smells.

Dr.Seuss who also got the 250 non-salt in VG dated from May and reported it in DIY : Good Deals and Sales ! says it smelled horrendous.

Was yours VG or PG? Non-salt? Did they want you to return the defective nic?

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    NR responded and they're sending a replacement. They didn't require a return of the defective nic but said to just dispose of it properly.

I'll dig the bad nic out of the freezer later and report on the smell.

Here's the photo I emailed to NR.

View attachment 844951
    Well, at least NR is being on the highly cooperative side. I hope they are investigating their internal controls. I know I would if I ran the joint.

440BB

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    NR responded and they're sending a replacement. They didn't require a return of the defective nic but said to just dispose of it properly.

View attachment 844951
    That's one potent batch of insecticide!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

20191011_2205100-jpg.844951

Maybe you Shouldn't throw it out when you Replacement Nicotine arrives?

I mean, if you ever decide to Quit Vaping, and are having a Hard Time doing it, using that Nicotine would Probably make me want to Never Vape Again.

• Agree
    Reactions: stols001

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    Maybe you Shouldn't throw it out when you Replacement Nicotine arrives?

I mean, if you ever decide to Quit Vaping, and are having a Hard Time doing it, using that Nicotine would Probably make me want to Never Vape Again.
    Meh. If that's all I had left, I'd probably vape it. :oops:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    Carolina Xtract claims that opening and closing the freezer can cause issues due to thawing/refreezing.
    They're wrong. First of all, nic base (no matter whether it's PG, VG or any mixture of the two) doesn't freeze solid at home freezer temperatures; it only thickens up. Second, the temperature change in a bottle of liquid in the freezer resulting from opening and closing the door is negligibly small.

Morgan_Drury

ECF Veteran
    Dec 5, 2018
    They're wrong. First of all, nic base (no matter whether it's PG, VG or any mixture of the two) doesn't freeze solid at home freezer temperatures; it only thickens up. Second, the temperature change in a bottle of liquid in the freezer resulting from opening and closing the door is negligibly small.

Glad you cleared that up.

Reactions: kas122461
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread