The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

nic film on windows?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by SlideJob Jones, May 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. SlideJob Jones

SlideJob Jones Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2009
    Findlay, Ohio
    Just curious - does vaping leave any film on car windows and other stuff like analogs do?

2. Jim Davis

Jim Davis Vaping Master ECF Veteran

:D:D:D:DThat question made me chuckle a bit. My car is 12 years old, and the windows haven't been washed in the past 10.

When I'm home, I vape in the kitchen at my lap top, and I haven't noticed anything on the window next to me.

3. hanover fist

hanover fist Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 2, 2009
    Good question I always thought it was nicotine on the car windows it must be the tar and the other 4000 chemicals in the cigarettes that make the film on the windows because I haven’t noticed any

4. TDM

TDM Moved On ECF Veteran

Apr 5, 2009
    I drive a semi truck with the windows up. When smoking analogs I would have to clean the windows every other day. I havent had to clean inside of windows in over a month now. Except where my dog decides to rub his nose

5. Sun Vaporer

Sun Vaporer Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2009
    Florida
    I have mentioned this before--and I will again here---take two drinking glasses and keep blowing the vaper in one and cigarette smoke in the other (I had a friend who still smokes do the other glass)--and then take a look at both of them---you will be surprised what you see------Sun

6. taz3cat

taz3cat Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 2, 2008
    Port Arthur, Texas
    My white curtains are still white. I washed them about 2 months ago. They use to turn yellow real fast or it seemed to me.

7. Nicfits

Nicfits Moved On ECF Veteran

Mar 9, 2009
    Texas
    Have you ever blown smoke from an analog through a white cloth or rag?
    Do the same thing with your E-cig and see what it does.

Edit: Oops, taz3cat's statement let the cat out of the bag. Didn't see that one. LOL.

8. Lika

Lika Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 6, 2009
    Dallas - USA
    That should be two clear drinking glasses - just wanted to "clear" that up, lol. Had to pick on you, Sun... Somebody's gotta do it! ;)

Back OT, the only thing I've noticed about vaping and windows is that if I exhale directly on a clean window the moisture will coat (fog) the glass in front of me and linger for a few seconds before it evaporates. It seems to evaporate completely. I've taken a tissue and wiped the window afterwards and there was no residue. Proof positive to me that vaping is a heck of a lot cleaner than smoking.

I've done the same thing before (years ago) with analogs. I couldn't see residue on a clean window after a couple of exhales but when wiped with a tissue there was a yellow residue. Similar to blowing smoke through a tissue. Pretty gross when you realize that stuff is sticking to your lungs - yuck!

9. bugeater

bugeater Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 19, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    I'm typing on my HP TouchSmart PC right now and vaping. The HP TouchSmart is a PC with a touchscreen. I noticed something very interesting. When I blow the vape into the screen, it goes crazy! The mouse pointer goes all over the place as if the vape is doing something to the touchscreen.

I have a fresh atomizer with the yucky factory prime. I took a hit off of that and blew it into the screen. No crazy pointer movement. I then dripped VG liquid and took a hit. Still no movement. Finally I dripped PG liquid... No movement.

I've come to the conclusion that nicotine does some crazy stuff to HP touchscreen PCs (or similar as it doesn't do a thing to my IPhone.

10. The Rain Man

The Rain Man Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Apr 15, 2009
    Orlando
    Hmm that reminds me ill have to clean my truck windows to give a answer!:oops:

11. kwcharlie

kwcharlie Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2009
    Houston
    bugeater,
    Doesn't do that to my HP TC1100 or my son's TC4200 smoked into everything on both, helps clear out the cat/dog hair.
    Can you game a little on your HP TouchSmart PC?

12. RazorNribbonz

RazorNribbonz Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I personally think it was the analog Tar that left all of our stuff yellow not the nic

13. tattooed

tattooed Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2009
    VA
    I remember doing that when I smoked analogs and I just now went into the kitchen and got some paper towel and did the same thing with the vapor. No discoloration at all with the vapor. It did leave a little moisture but once dry there was no evidence left behind.

14. bugeater

bugeater Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 19, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    I've got the IQ 770. It's screen is so ultra sensitive that flys can set it off. PG and VG won't set it off but nicotine does apparently. This is my kitchen PC and I don't generally game on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.