Status
Not open for further replies.

316lvm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
southern minnesota
Nic juice smells like insecticide - help!!!!

I received some 60mg unflavored nic juice in VG a few days ago that smells like insecticide.
Is it supposed to smell like this? The smell is so strong it gave me a headache.
I have some 100mg nic juice unflavored that has no odor to it at all.

I was going to make some unflavored 18mg base juice, but am hesitant.

please help!

Raenon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nicotine is a common insecticide, so if you've used it before, you could be familiar with the smell. That being said, if you've got a batch from a disreputable dealer who used insecticide grade nicotine to make your liquid, that's really bad news. I'd also wonder at the assurances of nicotine content- you could wind up poisoning yourself with both too much nicotine, AND impurities present.

If you can't confirm your supplier as being known good, I'd send it back and get your money back. If you can confirm the vendor, you should still trade the product back to them- may just be a bad batch.

Either way, don't handle the stuff, and for god's sake, don't vape it!

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
There have been some reports of bad batches, and from different manufacturers, so good idea to always check your supplies....if something doesn't seem right it probably isn't. Don't let them make it sound ok, either, sometimes they want you to think you've made the mistake~a good supplier will ask no questions, will pay to send it back and get you re-supplied with A-1 stock!! Do not take no for an answer.

dreams n chains

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Florida
Perhaps you should post it in the myfreedomsmokes area of the forum?

I recently got some Cappuccino from him that does not taste like the regular cappuccino I've been buying from him. Not an insecticide taste... just a bland taste that bogs down my attys. Still waiting to hear back from him on it.

A couple weeks ago I bought 48mg unflavored from him and it has no smell. Last week I bought 100mg from myfreedomsmokes but it is in a sealed glass bottle that I haven't smelled because I don't want to open it up and get air inside which could lower it's storage integrity. But you got me thinking now.

catlvr

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
Kern County California
I've bought unflavored 36mg to 100mg liquids from 4 different vendors. All of them, with the exception of the ones in brown glass bottles (can't see it and don't want to open any yet) and the 100mg, have changed color. The 36mg turned a slight yellow and the rest a light tannish color. I've only opened 3 bottles of different strenghts to use so far. No insecticide smell and they taste fine. Should the liquid be changing color? I've only had my unflavored stash a few months and some I just got a couple weeks ago. And it is stored properly. I'd hate to have to go back and contact all the vendors.:p As long as I doesn't smell bad I guess I'll keep using it.:)

316lvm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
southern minnesota
I posted here because I was making some flavored juice. The bottle was sealed. Have gotten nic juice from other places that had no smell.
This one I cut with VG and distilled water. STill smelled. Rinsed out the bottle and soaked in bleach. Still smelled. Threw away the bottle used.
Maybe I'll post in his forum - still haven't heard from him.

MHR7331

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
SoCal
Nic juice smells like insecticide - help!!!!

I received some 60mg unflavored nic juice in VG a few days ago that smells like insecticide.
Is it supposed to smell like this? The smell is so strong it gave me a headache.
I have some 100mg nic juice unflavored that has no odor to it at all.

I was going to make some unflavored 18mg base juice, but am hesitant.

please help!

I just sniffed up my 60mg and 100mg PG from MFS... they all smell vaguely the same, with the 100mg being slightly stronger than the 60mg (for obvious reasons, I guess). The smell would best be described as mildly chemical-like (with an undertone I cannot pinpoint for the life of me), and is not at all overpowering - I basically have to get up close and give it a good sniff to make anything out.

Freedom

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
US. Southeast.
www.MyFreedomSmokes.com
316lvm..Like I said in my email to you this afternoon. I sold over 15-Liters of that lot # with not 1 concern or complaint from anyone. I also suggested that that you return it to me and I would be glad to replace it with the next Lot #. Did you get that email? If I remember correctly, we got off to a not so great start because of you not getting 3 emails sent from 3 different sources. One from Cartmanager with your order confirmation. 1 from USPS with your tracking # and a 3rd, me forwarding both tracking and order confirmation receipt on an order that shipped SAME day and received 2 or 3 working days from date of order the weekend prior to Christmas. Now we have this unfavorable and questionable situation???? I'm just say.....
Please, if anyone EVER has any doubts concerning one of our products, PLEASE let me know! Most of you already know this is my policy but some don't.
While I'm here I might as well take this opportunity to announce our upcoming 50% sale on unflavored Smoke Juice. I hope to start it before the New Year! Look for it tomorrow or Wednesday!
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and I look forward to serving you all in the new year!

Chris AKA JUICE NAZI?

Freedom

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
US. Southeast.
www.MyFreedomSmokes.com
One more thing that could be happening is the 2 ingredients have separated.VG is much heavier than nicotine therefore the nicotine may have risen to the top and that is what you are smelling. EVERYONE!!!! You should ALWAYS shake your juices thoroughly, especially VG juices. They are very thick and difficult to mix evenly!

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread