Status
Not open for further replies.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
I’m curious as to why you shouldn’t do DL when using nic salts. I’ve got an Aegis Hero with a 0.6 coil at 15 watts. Even with the airflow closed off, it’s still to loose for a MTL. I keep reading and hearing I shouldn’t use nic salts for DL. The worst thing I’ve experienced so far is a mild headache. The nic salt is a 30mg.
Thanks in advance. ECF is my only true support group and I’m having a really hard time not smoking the stinkiest. Been back to vaping for about a month, and keep telling myself it’s all about baby steps. Not how many I smoke but how many I don’t smoke. I’ve got to quit for health reasons.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
There's nothing different about nicotine salts from free base outside of the fact salts are PH balanced which lessens the amount of TH you get.

You can also use salts at any percentage you use free base at, for instance I vape 3 mg salts, mixing my own ejuice.

Store bought ejuice that is sold in salt form is sold at high mg levels: 25mg, 35mg, 50mg most commonly for people who need the higher nicotine content for use in the low consumption devices.

When your only vaping 1 ml of ejuice a day just coming off cigarettes trying to make the switch a 3, 6 or 12 mg freebase just plain isn't enough nicotine, and if you pump up the freebase nicotine to an acceptable amount for that consumption level then your literally going to tear your throat up it's so harsh

That's where balancing the PH of the nicotine comes in, with a PH balanced nicotine you can use higher mg without it so harshly affecting your throat. Which is what salts are.

Consumption in regular mods with common DL atty's is much higher than 1ml a day, most running between 5 - 10 ml per day consumption. You can't consume 10 ml per day at the same nicotine level that you'd happily consume 1ml a day

Plus, I do think there is a difference in the absorption rate for DL draws versus MTL, but others may disagree. Anecdotally I personally seem to get more nicotine or at least certainly get it more quickly from a DL draw... that will also certainly affect how high a nicotine level your body will be able to tolerate.

In the end though, nothing wrong with using salts for DL. They are 1:1 with free base nic. It's just a matter of being careful your using the right nicotine levels for how and how much your vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread