Nic Salts eLiquid - 50/50 PG/VG hits the throat

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I would really like to try few things first with infinix, like lower pg/vg and/or nicotine to see if I can find the right balance and stick to infinix but if not then I will look for alternatives. Thanks heaps for your help.
Welcome and glad you joined.
My guess that the nic your using is harsh (might ask a friend to test). I would also check and see if PG is causing the harshness. Suggest getting a small bottle of vegetable glycerin and see if your harshness goes away (then add some P/G free nic and see if that makes a difference).
Suggest you read:
DIY e-liquid Mixing. Learn how to make your own e-liquids
How and Where to Buy Nicotine from Australia
Could see :Section 2: vaping-related issues
V1. Dry Throat, Sore Throat
A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette
PG Sensitivity
http://ecigarettereviewed.com/allergies-conditions-and-e-liquid

Shamiester

Aug 20, 2019
The main issue I see you running into, if it is the culprit, would be a dry wick/overheating if you're chain vaping. Higher PG might help the wicking issue and prevent dry/hot hits, but will add it's own form of harshness. Higher VG will only make the issue worse.

That is one of the issue as well, it is overheating as well as spitting back occasionally. So Im still trying to get use to infinix device and trying to find the best balance. I would prefer the open pod system for the sole purpose of convenience.

I have also been suggested to try the lower mg of nicotine (20-25mg) as compared to 35 and 50mg that I'm currently using. So I will try that keeping pg/vg to 50/50 and see if that helps.

Shamiester

Aug 20, 2019
Welcome and glad you joined.
My guess that the nic your using is harsh (might ask a friend to test). I would also check and see if PG is causing the harshness. Suggest getting a small bottle of vegetable glycerin and see if your harshness goes away (then add some P/G free nic and see if that makes a difference).
Suggest you read:
DIY e-liquid Mixing. Learn how to make your own e-liquids
How and Where to Buy Nicotine from Australia
Could see :Section 2: Vaping-related issues
V1. Dry Throat, Sore Throat

A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette
PG Sensitivity
Allergies, Conditions and E-Liquid - The Complete Guide to E-Cig Safety

That is some great insight on everything, thanks for sharing BB. I will go through this and try different options till I get the right balance of everything to actually enjoy vaping and steer away from cigarettes. Thanks again

Reactions: BrotherBob

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
That is one of the issue as well, it is overheating as well as spitting back occasionally. So Im still trying to get use to infinix device and trying to find the best balance. I would prefer the open pod system for the sole purpose of convenience.

I have also been suggested to try the lower mg of nicotine (20-25mg) as compared to 35 and 50mg that I'm currently using. So I will try that keeping pg/vg to 50/50 and see if that helps.
It's causing spit back BECAUSE it is overheating. You'll either need multiple devices, or one that is bigger, to handle the frequency of vaping.

Shamiester

Aug 20, 2019
It's causing spit back BECAUSE it is overheating. You'll either need multiple devices, or one that is bigger, to handle the frequency of vaping.

Yea 100% agree. I work from home so its always in my hand, chain vapping. Im going to order one more of the same device with 20mg nic salt. Hopefully that should solve my problem.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Welcome to the friendly bunch :)

Apart from the PG nic is the biggest supplier of throat hit in vaping. The best thing you could do is make sure you vape a high VG juice in a suitable juice. You're giving up smoking so you'll need the high nic. My other bit of advice is throat hit is often dependant on device type and to some extent style of vaping so look into maybe changing ecig. I know that some of my best throat hit vapes come from my pods which is likely what you are using with the nic strength you're on...

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You could try a longer drip tip but I really think your main deal is you are over vaping. You need another device.

Personally I would recommend trying like, a nice, reliable MTL setup like the Zenith tank with coils from 0.48 or something to 1.6. You will get more vapor and can adjust your power but I personally think it's a great tank with the 1.6 coils. You can get the mod and tank as a kit if you so desire.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread