Nic shots in 3mg or 6mg juices ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shakur92

Aug 13, 2018
Paris, France
Hi everyone.

I started vaping 2 weeks ago, i first got some closed pod system which wasn’t enough for me so i bought some MTL starter kits. At first i didn’t know what nicotine level i needed so i bought a whole lot of 3mg and 6mg juices. I now know that i need beetween 12 and 16mg. So i wanted to know if i could use some nic shots to turn those 3 and 6mg nic juices into 12mg for exemple.
If not is there another way or have i bought these for nothing ?

Thx for your time and answers.
Peace from France.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Hi everyone.

I started vaping 2 weeks ago, i first got some closed pod system which wasn’t enough for me so i bought some MTL starter kits. At first i didn’t know what nicotine level i needed so i bought a whole lot of 3mg and 6mg juices. I now know that i need beetween 12 and 16mg. So i wanted to know if i could use some nic shots to turn those 3 and 6mg nic juices into 12mg for exemple.

Peace from France.
How easy is it for you to buy nicotine where you are? Look for vendors that have diy supplies so you can put that level of nic higher.

:)

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi everyone.

Peace from France.

Hi and welcome,
I'm sorry to say, that may not be a viable option.
Unless you have a supply of PRE-TPD high strength nicotine @ 48mg/ml-100mg/ml.
Adding "NIC SHOTS" (10ml @18mg/ml) will only dilute your flavors.
How many ml of juice are you trying to "fix"?
Are the flavours you use available at MAX strenght (18mg/ml) or only as "0" plus nic shots?

Cheers
I

Shakur92

Aug 13, 2018
Paris, France
How easy is it for you to buy nicotine where you are? Look for vendors that have diy supplies so you can put that level of nic higher.

:)
Thx for your answer.
I pretty much buy everything on the internet but i’ll try taking a look at vendors and see what they have.

Shakur92

Aug 13, 2018
Paris, France
Hi and welcome,
I'm sorry to say, that may not be a viable option.
Unless you have a supply of PRE-TPD high strength nicotine @ 48mg/ml-100mg/ml.
Adding "NIC SHOTS" (10ml @18mg/ml) will only dilute your flavors.
How many ml of juice are you trying to "fix"?
Are the flavours you use available at MAX strenght (18mg/ml) or only as "0" plus nic shots?

Cheers
I
Hey there thx for the answer.
I don’t have any pre-tpd supply. I have like 15 bottles of 3mg and 6mg nic juice, every flavor is available at a higher strength it’s just that now i know that i need more i feel like it’s a waste buying all these that’s why i wanted to know if there was a way to up the nic strenght.
Guess i’ll keep them as decoration.
Peace.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I don’t have any pre-tpd supply. I have like 15 bottles of 3mg and 6mg nic juice, every flavor is available at a higher strength it’s just that now i know that i need more i feel like it’s a waste buying all these that’s why i wanted to know if there was a way to up the nic strenght.
Peace.
Welcome to ECF. You can add more nic but it will dilute the flavor. Order some of the same or similar flavors in a high mg and save the ones you have to dilute nic strength in the future. Put them in a dark cool space and they'll keep for a year or two.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Peace.
What size are the bottles? You could buy 1 more of the same flavor at a higher nic. Say you could buy 1 bottle like one of the 6mg flavors you already have and buy another bottle @ 18mg(is that even possible where you are?) and combine the two together, but you would need a bigger empty bottle to hold the newly combined juice. Doing that would not dilute the flavoring and would increase the nic level. But that would bring the nic level only up to 16 mg (assuming both bottles are 10ml each)because of the added volume.

This will not work if the highest mg you can purchase is 10 mg, because that would dilute the total mg lower than 10mg because of volume.

Some online vendors sell nicotine too but again, I am not familiar with your country's laws.

Last edited:

Shakur92

Aug 13, 2018
Paris, France
What size are the bottles? You could buy 1 more of the same flavor at a higher nic. Say you could buy 1 bottle like one of the 6mg flavors you already have and buy another bottle @ 18mg(is that even possible where you are?) and combine the two together, but you would need a bigger empty bottle to hold the newly combined juice. Doing that would not dilute the flavoring and would increase the nic level. But that would bring the nic level only up to 16 mg (assuming both bottles are 10ml each)because of the added volume.

This will not work if the highest mg you can purchase is 10 mg, because that would dilute the total mg lower than 10mg because of volume.

Some online vendors sell nicotine too but again, I am not familiar with your country's laws.

Hey thx for the advice i didn’t think about this but that would definitely be the solution. The bottles are 10ml.
I can buy up to 18mg nic juices here and up to 20mg nic salt so that’ll do just fine.

Shakur92

Aug 13, 2018
Paris, France
Welcome to ECF. You can add more nic but it will dilute the flavor. Order some of the same or similar flavors in a high mg and save the ones you have to dilute nic strength in the future. Put them in a dark cool space and they'll keep for a year or two.

Thx for the advice.
When you say i should keep them in a dark cool space you mean to steep them or just to preserve them in general?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Thx for the advice.
When you say i should keep them in a dark cool space you mean to steep them or just to preserve them in general?
I just meant if you weren't going to use them any time soon. Commercial juice is hit or miss when it comes to steeping. Most are but some mix to order.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If they were in store bottles the vendor might be able/willing to bump them up for you and potentially more efficiently and with less flavor loss, if they have access to wholesale type nicotine as a vendor. For example, it will take FAR less amount of 100 mg/ml liquid to raise the nic than if you are using 18 mg/ml nic liquid etc.

But, failing that (and I'm not entirely clear on the ins and outs on TPD) the way you are planning to do it should work, it just will dilute the flavoring some. That may wind up being just fine or you may find the flavor loss unacceptable, I guess you are going to see.

Anna

Reactions: Shakur92

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Most people who start vaping tend to start with high mg for their nic fix but then move towards DL vaping. Not saying you will move to DL but there is a reasonable chance. When you DL vape lower mg is needed for your fix so i would just save them as you could be needing them sooner than you think.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Hey thx for the advice i didn’t think about this but that would definitely be the solution. The bottles are 10ml.
I can buy up to 18mg nic juices here and up to 20mg nic salt so that’ll do just fine.
1 part 18mg + 1 part 6mg = 2 parts @12mg

2 parts 18mg + 1 part 3mg = 3 parts @13mg

2 parts 18mg + 1 part 6mg = 3 parts @14mg

3 parts 18mg + 1 part 6mg = 4 parts @15mg

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Erhm, question into the round: Is it frowned upon to give advice (openly/behind the veil) which may assist someone to circumvent national restrictions?
Not more so than it’s frowned upon for governments to implement national restrictions that inhibit individuals’ rights to make their own decisions regarding tobacco harm-reduction, I would think.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Erhm, question into the round: Is it frowned upon to give advice (openly/behind the veil) which may assist someone to circumvent national restrictions?
I am in the UK and there is no restrictions with what i do on a personal level, i can use stronger nic than the 20mg restricted level if i have it, i can mix different strengths of liquid in a situation like this and end up with a 20ml, 30ml, or even 1000ml if needed. The 2ml tank restriction is in force but i am allowed to openly use a tank that holds as much liquid as it holds. TPD regulations are clear, they only cover the selling of so nobody has said anything out of order in my opinion.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
You can turn 6mg into 12mg (for example) with 18mg nicotine shots, but the flavor will be diluted quite badly.

You cannot buy 72mg legally (which is the easy way to fix this)

BUT you can mix 18mg shop liquid with 3mg or 6mg liquid and get strong enough liquid for your needs. Choose the flavors you like the most and mix them with new bottles of 18mg.

A bottle of 18mg mixed with a bottle of 3mg = 10.5mg... close enough to 12mg for 99% of people to vape and enjoy (and not notice).

A bottle of 18mg mixed with a bottle of 6mg = 12mg...

Almost no perceptible difference between these two possible 'recipes'

New vapers get very hung up on nicotine strength. It's unnecessary, really - trust me. You'll just vape a little more or less if your body notices.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
You can turn 6mg into 12mg (for example) with 18mg nicotine shots, but the flavor will be diluted quite badly.

You cannot buy 72mg legally (which is the easy way to fix this)

BUT you can mix 18mg shop liquid with 3mg or 6mg liquid and get strong enough liquid for your needs. Choose the flavors you like the most and mix them with new bottles of 18mg.

A bottle of 18mg mixed with a bottle of 3mg = 10.5mg... close enough to 12mg for 99% of people to vape and enjoy (and not notice).

A bottle of 18mg mixed with a bottle of 6mg = 12mg...

Almost no perceptible difference between these two possible 'recipes'

New vapers get very hung up on nicotine strength. It's unnecessary, really - trust me. You'll just vape a little more or less if your body notices.
I agree with almost everything you said, yes if he had some 72mg nic leftover from before the TPD came into effect would solve the problem. I also agree with the point you made about mg level, when i first moved to DL vaping i reduced to 6mg since then i have reduced down to just 2mg if i add my own nic or DIY and 3mg if juice bought. When i reduced level i just found i vaped more and then in time it regulated itself.

But to a new vaper it's not that simple and mg does matter. If someone smoked strong cigarettes and moved to vaping they would need high mg, your theory holds true they can get there fix with even 3mg if they spend all day chain vaping but people work and have other things to do and might be relying on short periods of time to have a vape. Vaping only 3 or 6mg in that sort of situation would just lead to someone going back to cigarettes.

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
I now know that i need beetween 12 and 16mg
Just keep them. Eventually, you'll lower your nic consumption rather quickly. Many do. No need to throw them away now.
And should you ever come to the point where you think of buying liter bottles of nic base from within the EU market, hit me up via PM.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
If, in his country, he can buy premixed juices up to 18mg then all is good and he can accomplish his goal. No one here is trying to help him do anything that would be considered illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread