Nic Withdrawal. Nic gone in 3 puffs. Filling constantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan George

Jan 23, 2018
I just read this little snippet on Wikipedia. Nicotine is a hygroscopic, colorless to yellow-brown, oily liquid, that is readily soluble in alcohol, ether or light petroleum. It is miscible (mixable) with water (pg&vg) in its base form between 60 °C and 210 °C. As a nitrogenous base, nicotine forms salts with acids that are usually solid and water-soluble. Its flash point is 95 °C and its auto-ignition temperature is 244 °C.) So: tank feels warm to touch but doesn't feel (baby beast) (al85) but doesn't feel. Think about when your sick with fever feel your tank. About the same. Not anywhere near mixing the nic with pg vg temp. It says that's 140°f (60) so it's not alcohol. That would explode glass. As would oil or (ether especially.) So in essence I think my nic is sinking to bottom and coming out in first three hits reason for first hit rough liquid. This is my question though. Will mixing (other stuff) or anything else work to keep it from being the first thing in my mouth. I'm vaping 12mg but happens with 3mg also. I want to find a balance and hopefully (other stuff) will fight against nic to be first at bat with nic cotton mixing the whole thing. Any feedback? I think this will work. It arrives tomorrow. Maybe I could get a tank warmer that stays at 140°? Or not. I don't like the heating in the first place. Sux. Just a thought and I'll be sure to chime back in tomorrow on if it worked. I also got duped on this 25mg of (other stuff). In whole thing: all 10ml. Don't need to know about that. Just chemistry about (other stuff) oil and nic mixing through absorbing cotton. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. BG

Last edited by a moderator:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I read that twice and I still don't know what the devil you are talking about. :blink:

I get something about you being concerned about your tank feeling quite warm. Well, yeah, your heating coil is in there, it is normal for it to feel warm to touch. As long as the battery and mod don't feel warm, you're good.

What wattage are you vaping at?

Also seem to be complaining that you get a "rough" draw with your first hit which is missing with subsequent draws? And you are going to add what to remedy your issue? I'm more than confused. :blink:

:pop:

Last edited:

Bryan George

Jan 23, 2018
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Not a topic for discussion on ECF. No exceptions.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I just read this little snippet on Wikipedia. Nicotine is readily soluble in alcohol, ether or light petroleum.

It is miscible (mixable) with water in its base form between 60 °C and 210 °C.

This is my question though. Will mixing ... or anything else work to keep it from being the first thing in my mouth. I'm vaping 12mg but happens with 3mg also. I want to find a balance and hopefully ... will fight against nic to be first at bat with nic cotton mixing the whole thing. Any feedback? I think this will work. It arrives tomorrow. Maybe I could get a tank warmer that stays at 140°? Or not. I don't like the heating in the first place. Sux. Just a thought and I'll be sure to chime back in tomorrow on if it worked. I also got duped on this 25mg of .... In whole thing: all 10ml. Don't need to know about that. Just chemistry about ... oil and nic mixing through absorbing cotton. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. BG

First off, your first assumption is wrong, your claiming that PG and VG are water... they ARE NOT

Pg IS that light petroleum that freebase nicotine happens to be readily soluble in.

VG is also not water. It's not light petroleum either and takes a little more time or general effort to mix with your nicotine, but it doesn't need to be heated in order to get it mixed with your nicotine either.

So, what we have established is your freaking out because you think PG and VG are water, and they arent. Time to stop freaking out. You don't need to heat your ejuice in order to mix in the nicotine.

If you need more nicotine then use more nicotine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread