Nice Letter by Joanne (RedHeadFullOfSteam)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
Excellent letter, and spot on.

While deceitfully portrayed as "protecting the children" and "protecting public health", the true goal of every proposed e-cig regulation/ban is to prevent cigarette smokers from switching to vaping, and to discourage vapers from vaping.

Or as I put it, the goal of tobacco control and public health is not to help smokers, but to punish them. They marginalize, discriminate against, legislate against, and (by recommending only ineffective smoking-cessation therapies) relegate them to an endless cycle of try/relapse/retry/relapse attempts.

Navy20

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2014
New York State, USA
Great letter. If this rewritten in ones own words, and sent to every health department, what impact would there be? I think I am going to use this letter as a go-by letter, and re-write in my own words and send to every State Representative in my State of New York. The bans and proposed bans are being issued locally and at the State level while the Feds are standing back, squeaky clean. There are plenty of issues that need to be taken care of . . . vaping should be at the bottom of the list if on the list at all. Oh yeah, I forgot about the taxation . . . These poor .......s won't have any money to waste if they can't find something to tax. Well, I am going to write the letter(s) anyway. Hope You All have a Great Day/Night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread