The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Nice Letter by Joanne (RedHeadFullOfSteam)

Discussion in 'Media and General News' started by SloHand, Feb 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. SloHand

SloHand Eh? Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 8, 2011
    Kingston, Ontario
  2. skoony

skoony Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 31, 2013
    saint paul,mn,usa
    good article.
    to bad there's to much money at stake for our public health officials
    to make a common sense decision.
    regards
    mike

3. Requiem33

Requiem33 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 9, 2011
    Inwood, WV
    That letter was awesome. Now it just needs to be sent out to some major rags to get some circulation.

4. Bill Godshall

Bill Godshall Executive Director
    Smokefree Pennsylvania
    ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2009
    Excellent letter, and spot on.

While deceitfully portrayed as "protecting the children" and "protecting public health", the true goal of every proposed e-cig regulation/ban is to prevent cigarette smokers from switching to vaping, and to discourage vapers from vaping.

5. AgentAnia

AgentAnia Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

May 22, 2013
    Orbiting Sirius B
  6. AgentAnia

AgentAnia Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

May 22, 2013
    Orbiting Sirius B
    Or as I put it, the goal of tobacco control and public health is not to help smokers, but to punish them. They marginalize, discriminate against, legislate against, and (by recommending only ineffective smoking-cessation therapies) relegate them to an endless cycle of try/relapse/retry/relapse attempts.

7. 2coils

2coils Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2012
    New Jersey
    Nothing in that blog I disagree with! Well Done!

8. Navy20

Navy20 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 4, 2014
    New York State, USA
    Great letter. If this rewritten in ones own words, and sent to every health department, what impact would there be? I think I am going to use this letter as a go-by letter, and re-write in my own words and send to every State Representative in my State of New York. The bans and proposed bans are being issued locally and at the State level while the Feds are standing back, squeaky clean. There are plenty of issues that need to be taken care of . . . vaping should be at the bottom of the list if on the list at all. Oh yeah, I forgot about the taxation . . . These poor .......s won't have any money to waste if they can't find something to tax. Well, I am going to write the letter(s) anyway. Hope You All have a Great Day/Night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.