Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Hey guys.

So here's the story, and the questions.

I've known the neighbor's kid for a while, and last year met his girlfriend (they both work at the animal shelter from which I adopted my last dog).

It's not like we're friends, but we chat every once in a while, and often when I'm out walking the dogs and he's outside smoking he'll come over to say hi to me and the animals.

Both he and his girlfriend smoke, and it really hit me last night when they pulled up into his driveway and I could smell it on her car from at least 50 feet away. They're both young (early to mid 20's) and it just bugs me for some reason.

What I'd like to do is offer to buy him and his girlfriend some sort of starter kit if they'd be willing to give vaping a try rather than smoking. We haven't even discussed vaping because I haven't vaped while walking the dogs (It's too hard for me to try and manage the dogs and a PV at the same time, lol).

So, yeah or nay? Weird? Odd? Would you do it if you could? How would you approach the situation?

Your input is appreciated.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
you betcha !
I'd make mention of vaping and see the reaction and what their thoughts are...
heck, they're neighbors, why not

get them an EVOD kit to share making it a nice set up so they can get another one
once they get the bug, and have two GREAT starter kits

atta-boy for a good idea :)

Vape≈like your cool neighbor got you started...

progg

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2010
Bring your vape gear with you when you dog walk. When he comes over to chat, stop and vape. Let his curiosity carry the conversation.

By your OP, it doesn't sound like you're trying to oversell vaping, ie trying to guilt them -- very good.

Good luck.

(It is difficult to simultaneously dog walk and vape :) so plan ahead for a stop and chat vape.)

Last edited:

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
you betcha !
I'd make mention of vaping and see the reaction and what their thoughts are...
heck, they're neighbors, why not

get them an EVOD kit to share making it a nice set up so they can get another one
once they get the bug, and have two GREAT starter kits

atta-boy for a good idea :)

Vape≈like your cool neighbor got you started...

Bring your vape gear with you when you dog walk. When he comes over to chat, stop and vape. Let his curiosity carry the conversation.

By your OP, it doesn't sound like you're trying to oversell vaping, ie trying to guilt them -- very good.

Good luck.

(It is difficult to simultaneously dog walk and vape :) so plan ahead for a stop and chat vape.)

I'll try to work something into a conversation when I can, at the risk of sounding weird, I just feel bad seeing a nice couple like that smoking at such a young age.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Kinda doubt ya can help 'em out much without 'stirring' their curiosity by your vaping!

Ummm... let's flip your coin over here...

On their FB page..."Day-um, we're not sure 'bout our nice neighbor/creepy dude/dudette from down the street 'pushin' sum type of device for questionable usage!!!

icon_wink.gif

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread